PDA

View Full Version : Our best regular season in history would now be a disappointment

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
I talk, of course, of winning 10 regular season games. We have never done that in our program's history. Now we are almost guaranteed a 10 win regular season and if we do that everybody reading this would be disappointed. To me that is simply amazing. I know back in August if you had asked me if you would take a 10-2 regular season and a top level bowl game I would have been all over it as I suspect many of you would have been too. Now on November 10 if offered a 10-2 season I would decline the offer. I want 12-0 and I know we have the team that can pull that off. Just got to take what's ours.

I saw in the ESPN SEC blog that our players all have different takes on it. From just another game to saying they have jitters just thinking about it. Hopefully, Mullen and the staff can channel and focus that emotion. We don't need to come out with our eyes as big as saucers like a tourist his first time in NYC and be intimidated by the uniform the other team is wearing. We did it against LSU and now we need to do it again. The only thing is the stakes in the LSU game were not anywhere near what they are in this game. This is now the biggest game in our program's history.

Westdawg
11-10-2014, 10:50 AM
It's GRIND TIME!!

GTHOM
11-10-2014, 11:12 AM
We will not lose a game

dawgs
11-10-2014, 11:21 AM
This is the 1st time I've ever felt good heading into a season about our chances to win 10 games. Being I felt that reasonably confident, I'd take my chances just in case we catch lightning in a bottle. May not have this much of a shot at a natty again, so I'd have rolled the dice.

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2014, 11:41 AM
We have so much work left to do. Three games plus SECCG plus playoff games. Potentially six more games. No break until we play four. Damn tough road. Glad we've got the team and the coaches we have.

archdog
11-10-2014, 02:31 PM
We have so much work left to do. Three games plus SECCG plus playoff games. Potentially six more games. No break until we play four. Damn tough road. Glad we've got the team and the coaches we have.

All teams have the same road, atleast the road is the same length. Whomever is going to be the champ is going to do this, why not us?