PDA

View Full Version : Dak even better off the field

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Saw this in my Facebook feed. I can't get the image to post so you'll have to take my word that it was there.

A few days after the pivotal Mississippi State/Auburn game, I had the privilege of seeing a young patient whom I have treated for about seven years. The child has a very severe chronic medical condition and multiple special needs. It takes a lot of love and support to take care of a child like this, and both parents were there proudly wearing their Mississippi State shirts. I asked if they had gone to the game, and both said that they had, and added that they attend most of the games. For some unknown reason, I felt compelled to show them a picture I had taken at that game. This is not something that I typically do, but I wanted them to see a particular shot of Dak Prescott as he was honoring his mother. As I brought up the image on my computer screen, the first thing I heard behind me was from the mother, ?He?s still wearing our armband.? As she lifted her arm, I saw the same green rubber armband (with her child?s name imprinted on it) resting on Dak Prescott?s raised arm. ?When we gave it to him months ago, he told us that he would never take it off, ? she said. And, obviously, he hasn?t?

There were a few dry eyes at that moment, because it spoke to me of a young man who keeps his word. Dak had no idea of the encouragement that would come to a family that needed a little. What was the value in just doing what he said he would do? It?s without measure.

I took this shot at the UTM game yesterday. Guess what? He's still wearing it...

CrookedLetta
11-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Wow. Just wow...

Political Hack
11-10-2014, 07:57 AM
compare Mullen's guys (Dak and Tebow) to some other recent Heisman winners (Johnny, Cam, and Jameis).

People can rag CDM for a lot of petty crap, but the guy develops character as much as he does talent. That's worth investing in.

CrookedLetta
11-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Dak is the reason we will win Saturday. There's just something about him(similar to Tebow) that will not allow us to lose.

UMCDawg16
11-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Dak is the reason we will win Saturday. There's just something about him(similar to Tebow) that will not allow us to lose.

That's what I've been thinking. There is something special about the guy. He won't let us lose.

engie
11-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Same exact story is true for my aunt that is fighting cancer. That's the pink Team Sherry bracelet Dak is wearing and hasn't taken off yet. I'd been considering writing something down about it -- but had held off thru the media blitz because I wanted to wait to a point in time when the public isn't in Dak overload... Hopefully after the season...

My aunt, her husband, and 2 girls(adults now) -- along with my immediate family -- were initially the only MSU fans in a huge extended family on that side among a sea of Rebs. The gesture has converted a ton of my family to Dak/MSU fans at least temporarily. I notice it every game when he is still wearing it.

Given that we now know the story behind at least 2 of them -- I'm betting that every single one of them are all the same thing...

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/4d29642f996d5e4338f9bb7c6113c451d47d6ebe/c=6-0-285-372&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/JacksonMS/None/2014/10/15/635489858572600002-dak.prescott.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/7c7c8c10060a8d595fc0abbdb6bd4f9bb6956c2c/c=0-30-296-197&r=x1803&c=3200x1800/local/-/media/JacksonMS/None/2014/10/15/635489858572600002-dak.prescott.jpg

http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/sports_impact/photo/dak-prescott-4dd45a736837e5fe.jpg

You can see the green one better here. This was after the USM game and before he had the one from my aunt.
http://www.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_article_main/public/stats/photos/2014/cfb/CFB_201408301935705445409-P5_0.JPEG

GTHOM
11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
If this guy doesnt win the heisman, they should quit giving it out

CadaverDawg
11-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Awesome stories guys. We have a guy that we will forever look at as one of the best players and people to ever put on the maroon and white. Heisman or not, this guy is special, and I hope nothing but the best for him.

preachermatt83
11-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Saw this in my Facebook feed. I can't get the image to post so you'll have to take my word that it was there.

A few days after the pivotal Mississippi State/Auburn game, I had the privilege of seeing a young patient whom I have treated for about seven years. The child has a very severe chronic medical condition and multiple special needs. It takes a lot of love and support to take care of a child like this, and both parents were there proudly wearing their Mississippi State shirts. I asked if they had gone to the game, and both said that they had, and added that they attend most of the games. For some unknown reason, I felt compelled to show them a picture I had taken at that game. This is not something that I typically do, but I wanted them to see a particular shot of Dak Prescott as he was honoring his mother. As I brought up the image on my computer screen, the first thing I heard behind me was from the mother, ?He?s still wearing our armband.? As she lifted her arm, I saw the same green rubber armband (with her child?s name imprinted on it) resting on Dak Prescott?s raised arm. ?When we gave it to him months ago, he told us that he would never take it off, ? she said. And, obviously, he hasn?t?

There were a few dry eyes at that moment, because it spoke to me of a young man who keeps his word. Dak had no idea of the encouragement that would come to a family that needed a little. What was the value in just doing what he said he would do? It?s without measure.

I took this shot at the UTM game yesterday. Guess what? He's still wearing it...

ive actually been following this story closely on FB and it is very heart warming. If you can find it, read it from the very beginning, when they actually gave Dak the bracelet. Its an awesome story.

blacklistedbully
11-10-2014, 02:31 PM
ive actually been following this story closely on FB and it is very heart warming. If you can find it, read it from the very beginning, when they actually gave Dak the bracelet. Its an awesome story.

Link?