PDA

View Full Version : Dak says:

Bucky Dog
11-09-2014, 09:53 PM
This team is different than the 2012 team. They were "We Believe" where this team is "We Know We Can!" I've just had that feeling that this is our year and Dak will put this team on his back and not let them lose. I can't wait until Saturday.

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 10:05 PM
The biggest difference is we have beaten some really quality teams already whereas the 2012 team had beaten some teams that were clearly down.

Plus, there were some major issues with the vanilla play calling on offense and defense that came back to bite us in the ass.

DistrictDawg92
11-09-2014, 10:20 PM
I think it's gonna be important to weather the storm of an emotional 1st quarter. We can't let them come out and punch us in the mouth at the very beginning. If we are leading at the end of the first quarter I will feel very good about our chances of winning the ball game. We showed in Death Valley that the best way to take away home field advantage is to win the first quarter/half physically and emotionally.

PMDawg
11-09-2014, 10:38 PM
The biggest difference is we have beaten some really quality teams already whereas the 2012 team had beaten some teams that were clearly down.

Plus, there were some major issues with the vanilla play calling on offense and defense that came back to bite us in the ass.

No, the biggest difference is Dak. Put any other QB from our current roster or past 5 years rosters and we are a .500 team. If we win saturday, its bc he went for 200/100 again, or something similar.

Of course, I know you know this and you werent saying otherwise...just wanted to say that.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 10:40 PM
The 2012 team had a jackass at DC

Jack Lambert
11-09-2014, 10:43 PM

One thing for sure, the play book on both defense and offense will be wide open and they better hope Smart and Kefen are really better than Mullen and Collins.

Political Hack
11-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Mullen can't win the big one.***

Jack Lambert
11-10-2014, 09:04 AM
I think it's gonna be important to weather the storm of an emotional 1st quarter. We can't let them come out and punch us in the mouth at the very beginning. If we are leading at the end of the first quarter I will feel very good about our chances of winning the ball game. We showed in Death Valley that the best way to take away home field advantage is to win the first quarter/half physically and emotionally.

After the over time win at LSU I don't think they are going to have their heads in the game the 1st quarter. One other thing, when I watch Saban and Lane on the side line they don't look like they get along very well and if we jump out to a lead I think one of their heads is gong to explode.

Political Hack
11-10-2014, 09:07 AM
After the over time win at LSU I don't think they are going to have their heads in the game the 1st quarter. One other thing, when I watch Saban and Lane on the side line they don't look like they get along very well and if we jump out to a lead I think one of their heads is gong to explode.

typically I would agree but that 1 next to our name means we're going to get every teams best shot. Everyone, even Bama, wants to knock off #1. I expect both teams to play their best games Saturday, and for the first time I can remember, I think our best is better than their best.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2014, 09:39 AM
This thread gets it. We believe all that was a desperate attempt because we knew they were very good and we were not. This year, I truely believe we are just as talented as they are. It will be much more of a game than 2012. It is going to be like 81, 91 and 99.

FlabLoser
11-10-2014, 09:45 AM
2012 = We believe we could win

2014 = We believe we will win

On a related note, I think the LSU game has been the biggest game of the season thus far. That game, that 1st quarter, made a statement. It solidified our confidence and we've been rolling since.