PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss fans are so obsessed, they're going to Bama boards to pull against us..

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235999

Next Saturday could be the biggest Statement in Mississippi sports history. OUR State, OUR Nation, OUR SEC, OUR Heisman

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:39 PM
they will get theirs on the 29th

Reason2succeed
11-09-2014, 05:42 PM
I love the hate. The more they throw shade the more we shine.

Reason2succeed
11-09-2014, 05:43 PM
"Order" got restored when Auburn and LSU whooped colonel Rebs arse.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:45 PM

And Auburn and LSU are nothing compared to whats gonna mop their own floor with them on the 29th

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 05:55 PM
There is a guy I know on Facebook who every single time Ole Miss lost this year made a post about how he thought it was funny that State fans were so happy about Ole Miss losing. His first post this week? Roll Tide.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:59 PM
There is a guy I know on Facebook who every single time Ole Miss lost this year made a post about how he thought it was funny that State fans were so happy about Ole Miss losing. His first post this week? Roll Tide.

Im happy about them losing every single time they lose in any sport

Dawgcentral
11-09-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm glad they aren't pretending to hold hands with us anymore. That "What's Great for Mississippi" B.S. was an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Maybe CDM stating on national radio the he hates the institution played a partial role in bringing them back to reality.

I don't blame them for pulling for Bama. I'll be hoping Arkansas knocks them silly in two weeks with that gigantic offensive line.

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Im happy about them losing every single time they lose in any sport

I agree. They are our main competition in state. Them having success does not help us in any way, shape or form.

That's why I did not like the "state unity" crap from a few weeks ago. Does anyone ever see that from Alabama or Auburn? No.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 06:18 PM

Order was restored Jan 2012 in NOLA.... http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/trash_talk_from_alabamas_mr_va.html

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm glad they aren't pretending to hold hands with us anymore. That "What's Great for Mississippi" B.S. was an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Maybe CDM stating on national radio the he hates the institution played a partial role in bringing them back to reality.

I don't blame them for pulling for Bama. I'll be hoping Arkansas knocks them silly in two weeks with that gigantic offensive line.

Really the only good thing that came out of all of that for us was them beating Bama could help us out down the road.

The holding hands thing was a coping mechanism for Ole Miss fans. Let's say it had indeed gone on and we both went into the Egg Bowl undefeated.

If Ole Miss had won- they would have rubbed it in our face and surmised that "hey you would have done the same thing to us."

If we had won- "State fans rubbing this in our face shows why we are classier."

Quaoarsking
11-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I feel pretty confident that the "rest of the SEC" is 100% behind us, all but Alabama and Ole Miss fans.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Really the only good thing that came out of all of that for us was them beating Bama could help us out down the road.

The holding hands thing was a coping mechanism for Ole Miss fans. Let's say it had indeed gone on and we both went into the Egg Bowl undefeated.

If Ole Miss had won- they would have rubbed it in our face and surmised that "hey you would have done the same thing to us."

If we had won- "State fans rubbing this in our face shows why we are classier."

Youve got the mighty rebs figured out. Spot on my man. What a pathetic state of mind to be in. A month ago the Landsharks were the 85 bears and they were crying for bo wallace to go to new york for the heisman

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Youve got the mighty rebs figured out. Spot on my man. What a pathetic state of mind to be in. A month ago the Landsharks were the 85 bears and they were crying for bo wallace to go to new york for the heisman

For me, their cover was blown when I actually did some research. Growing up in grade school, I thought Archie Manning was apparently super human and had led Ole Miss to a NC or awfully close to it. THEN I looked into it. The reality is the best they did with Archie was 1969 with an 8-3 record that included a loss to a 2-8 Kentucky team. I was even more shocked to see that Archie had thrown more INT's than TD's. Yes, he won some big games for them- but so did Derrick Taite for us.

M.Fillmore
11-09-2014, 07:48 PM
For me, their cover was blown when I actually did some research. Growing up in grade school, I thought Archie Manning was apparently super human and had led Ole Miss to a NC or awfully close to it. THEN I looked into it. The reality is the best they did with Archie was 1969 with an 8-3 record that included a loss to a 2-8 Kentucky team. I was even more shocked to see that Archie had thrown more INT's than TD's. Yes, he won some big games for them- but so did Derrick Taite for us.

Hammer meet nail. I don't get this "Archie love" and their 18 mph speed limit. Some of you may remember a few years ago one of the many banks ole Arch has pimped for ran ads on MSU sports broadcasts using Archie Manning as a spokesman.

Can you imagine the caterwauling from the BearSharks if a sponsor used an MSU personality on their broadcasts?

Manning sired two great QBs. He was a good QB on a "B to B+" college team. He was a mediocre QB on a lousy NFL team. That's about it. However Archie Manning is a magnificent manipulator of the public perception. Therein lies his greatness.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2014, 08:12 PM
I feel pretty confident that the "rest of the SEC" is 100% behind us, all but Alabama and Ole Miss fans.

I want to agree but if we lose to Bama and Ole Miss and Auburn beats Bama it's a three way tie and Auburn might win the tie.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm glad they aren't pretending to hold hands with us anymore. That "What's Great for Mississippi" B.S. was an insult to.

I am still shocked we had some of our fans on that bandwagon. A "meaningful Egg Bowl where both teams are undefeated?" **** that noise. I want the the West sewn up before we roll into Oxghanistan.

Biguglyjoe
11-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Chris Relf has far better career stats than Archie does. That's not a knock on Relf either. He owned the Rebs and had a great career considering that his previous coach was about to give up on him as a QB.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Did anybody see their crowd vs Presbyterian? it was awful

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 08:24 PM
I am still shocked we had some of our fans on that bandwagon. A "meaningful Egg Bowl where both teams are undefeated?" **** that noise. I want the the West sewn up before we roll into Oxghanistan.

My perfect Egg Bowl scenario- we are 11-0 and they are 0-11 and we win 70-0.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 08:25 PM
My perfect Egg Bowl scenario- we are 11-0 and they are 0-11 and we win 70-0.

No Doubt

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Their site gave them 60 thousand for official attendance but seeing pictures there was no way it was that many

JDog13
11-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I've never understood state fans that straddle the fence with tsun. You talk good about them and take up for them, and the only thing they do for you is shit in your foxhole. They hope you jump back in that hole and get shit all over you so they can point and laugh at you.....while ignoring they are no longer as good as they say they are.

jbjones
11-09-2014, 08:53 PM
I've never understood state fans that straddle the fence with tsun.

Yep. It's binary to me. You are a Dawg, or you're not a Dawg.

You talk good about them and take up for them, and the only thing they do for you is shit in your foxhole. They hope you jump back in that hole and get shit all over you so they can point and laugh at you.....while ignoring they are no longer as good as they say they are.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/34/d8/1a/34d81a86022d205f2c60be562ec4cdbe.jpg

Pollodawg
11-09-2014, 09:03 PM

Don't take a sledgehammer to the Myth of Manning.**

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah I've yet to figure out what manning was good at except running for his life, slinging picks, and procreating.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Archie was talented, but he threw too many picks and didn't win. Therefore, he was not a good QB. We can talk about his surrounding talent all we want, but what does Peyton do everywhere he goes? He turns guys like Austin Collie, Pierre Gar?on, and Julius Thomas into ALL Pro players. If Archie was so good, he should have made his team better. And if he wasn't happy with the talent, demand that it be upgraded or you're leaving.

The Rebs are not going to want to read this board on thanksgiving week. I promise you that.

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Did anybody see their crowd vs Presbyterian? it was awful

I can't figure out why they didn't schedule them for homecoming? If they had done that, I think they would have had more of a crowd than they did. For the first half at least.

notsofarawaydawg
11-09-2014, 10:31 PM
I've never understood state fans that straddle the fence with tsun. You talk good about them and take up for them, and the only thing they do for you is shit in your foxhole. They hope you jump back in that hole and get shit all over you so they can point and laugh at you.....while ignoring they are no longer as good as they say they are.

Take a look at the SPS site and you see the State fans who are leading the "love boat" campaign for the Bearsharks. Pitiful, just pitiful. GTHOM

archdog
11-10-2014, 09:37 AM
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235999

Next Saturday could be the biggest Statement in Mississippi sports history. OUR State, OUR Nation, OUR SEC, OUR Heisman

Sounds like "Flagship" mentality to me. #littlebrother

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2014, 11:16 AM
It is a little different because their only chance to get to Atlanta is for bama to win on Saturday.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Take a look at the SPS site and you see the State fans who are leading the "love boat" campaign for the Bearsharks. Pitiful, just pitiful. GTHOM

Out of those, how many have married and put that rebel ***** on a pedestal?

RougeDawg
11-10-2014, 12:01 PM
I can't figure out why they didn't schedule them for homecoming? If they had done that, I think they would have had more of a crowd than they did. For the first half at least.

I wasn't able to watch any of it.