PDA

View Full Version : Fred Ross

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2014, 05:15 PM
What is his status?

I read on another board that he got banged up yesterday, but I don't remember seeing it. Does anyone remember what happened?

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
What is his status?

I read on another board that he got banged up yesterday, but I don't remember seeing it. Does anyone remember what happened?

Yea he got popped pretty good on the pass he dropped. He came back in and made a screen catch and run, and looked fine. Unless it was a different injury, he should be good to go.

That dude is a playmaker. The run he made on that quick hitter had some Amari Cooper type moves in it. He may not ever be THAT good...but we need to continue getting the ball in his hands.

DistrictDawg92
11-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Yea he got popped pretty good on the pass he dropped. He came back in and made a screen catch and run, and looked fine. Unless it was a different injury, he should be good to go.

That dude is a playmaker. The run he made on that quick hitter had some Amari Cooper type moves in it. He may not ever be THAT good...but we need to continue getting the ball in his hands.

Yep, I'm a huge Fred Ross fan. He may be our smoothest, most skill refined WR we have on our team, which may have everything to do with him coming out of the Texas High School football system. His stats this season would look a lot different if we didn't have around 10 other legitimate targets for Dak to throw the ball to. Not to get too far off topic, but I think Robert Johnson deserves a standing ovation for his play this season, he is an elite blocker and has made multiple clutch catches this year. I feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he isn't as "flashy" as some of our other offensive weapons.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Yep, I'm a huge Fred Ross fan. He may be our smoothest, most skill refined WR we have on our team, which may have everything to do with him coming out of the Texas High School football system. His stats this season would look a lot different if we didn't have around 10 other legitimate targets for Dak to throw the ball to. Not to get too far off topic, but I think Robert Johnson deserves a standing ovation for his play this season, he is an elite blocker and has made multiple clutch catches this year. I feel like he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he isn't as "flashy" as some of our other offensive weapons.

Agreed 100 percent RoJo is a beast

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 05:38 PM

Great post, I agree about RoJo. And I have thought the same thing about Ross being from Texas too. He has a much more refined skill set than what you typically see from a MS high school receivers after only a year in college.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:40 PM
I think Gabe Myles is gonna be an All SEC type receiver too

Reason2succeed
11-09-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm a big RoJo MoJo fan. Those guys are always making plays even when the ball isn't in their hands. I hope they get a chance to tryout for an NFL team because they are the type of guys who make the cut on ST as all around football players.

msstate7
11-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't think there's really any appreciable difference between the Freds. I actually think brown may end up being the better wr of the two

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Brown has incredible hands

Dallas_Dawg
11-09-2014, 06:29 PM
This is a great problem to have. We have had years in the past where any out of Ross, Brown, Myles, Bear, Lewis, Mojo or Rojo would have been our best WR.
We are so far removed from the Croom inspired receiving corps including the likes of Prosser, Threadgill, Long...

We also have many more on their way too. Jesse Jackson, Shelby Christy who looked good in spring game plus Dontae Jones, Malik dear, and justin Johnson next year.
Has BJ Hammond played this year?

DistrictDawg92
11-09-2014, 06:36 PM
This is a great problem to have. We have had years in the past where any out of Ross, Brown, Myles, Bear, Lewis, Mojo or Rojo would have been our best WR.
We are so far removed from the Croom inspired receiving corps including the likes of Prosser, Threadgill, Long...

We also have many more on their way too. Jesse Jackson, Shelby Christy who looked good in spring game plus Dontae Jones, Malik dear, and justin Johnson next year.

I haven't really noticed Hammond on the field at all this year which is disappointing because I was really excited about him when he signed with us. However, you can't forget that he was moved to Tight End, where we have multiple seasoned veterans that get the job done for us. He is only a redshirt freshman, he has plenty of time to develop and contribute.

msstate7
11-09-2014, 06:40 PM

You didn't list perhaps the most dangerous guys on the way -- mixon and gray

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Are you talking about JT Gray? Hes been playing DB

msstate7
11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Are you talking about JT Gray? Hes been playing DB

Donald

Oxdawg
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I think he's talking abou Donald Gray. He's a juco out of Memphis. He's been tearing it up in juco. He's a December grad.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Donald

Oh okay. I hope we can get him back, he seems like hes dead set on State though.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Jamoral Graham and Gabe Myles are freshmen too. Graham will be a good one if he keeps his head straight, and Myles is already contributing

msstate7
11-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Jamoral Graham and Gabe Myles are freshmen too. Graham will be a good one if he keeps his head straight, and Myles is already contributing

Love Graham's potential

RougeDawg
11-09-2014, 07:28 PM
I didn't realize F.Ross was as big as he is. When he was standings at the goal line on returns he looked pretty solid l. Never really noticed it until seeing him that close standing alone. He's a nice sized WR that should he should be able to take s beating.

Dallas_Dawg
11-09-2014, 10:34 PM

That is true. I think Gray steps in next year as 1B slot (behind Myles) and PR/KR

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm surprised no one is talking about Malik Dear. I don't think some of y'all understand how good this guy is. He may be the next Percy harvin. I've never seen a guy with quicker feet in person

Political Hack
11-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Smokey is gonna have a lot to say about the slot. I think he and Gabe split reps there while we work in DG. I think DG will be focused on KR and PR a lot.