PDA

View Full Version : State vs Bammer- position by position

Coach34
11-09-2014, 04:25 PM
QB- Advantage State. Sims has put up some solid numbers but he simply isnt as good as ours. Nobody in their right mind would pick Sims over Prescott.

RB- Push. Alabama when healthy is better and deeper- but they arent healthy. Yeldon being gimped is huge because it limits his outstanding cutting ability. So we are basically talking Henry vs JRob. State wins that battle H2H- but I expect Yeldon to play some to balance it out.

TE- Slight advantage Bama. MoJo is a tough match-up in the passing game- but will State use him enough? Bama's TE's are a little more physical. Walley is solid role player for us.

OL- Basically a push- but almost have to lean State. Normally you would say Bammer- but not in 2014. They have had some injuries and been doing some shuffling, but still a good group. State's group has stayed relatively healthy and been outstanding this season.

WR- Push. Cooper for Bammer will be the best WR on the field and they have to rely on him heavily to move the ball. State's group is balanced and deeper. Bear, Myles, the two Fred's...hell, even Stonehands caught a TD yesterday. Jameon comes back Saturday also. It's easier to cover 1 stud than a balanced group.

DL- I push it again. Bama has the space-eaters that dont let you move them. State has the rush that gets sacks and TFL's. Both groups are hell to deal with.

LB's- Advantage State. We have the best overall LB in Bennie Brown. We also have the best talent in McKinney. They dont have a Cheetah either. Bama's LB's are good- but they arent State good. They do have more depth than us tho.

CB's- Push. Both sides have playmakers but have been beat at times.

Safety- Advantage Bammer- lots more talent and better play this year.

ST's- advantage Bammer

Coaching- offense- State Mullen > Kiffin...defense- Bammer...Saban and Smart > Collins

Home advantage- Bammer

Intangibles- I say State. I think heart and leadership for this team is better than anything Bammer has. Plus, Bammer just came out of an emotional, physical OT game with LSU. Does nothing but help us. They are going to be some sore mf'ers until Wed-Thur

I cant wait for Saturday

TUSK
11-09-2014, 04:39 PM
QB- Advantage State. Sims has put up some solid numbers but he simply isnt as good as ours. Nobody in their right mind would pick Sims over Prescott.

RB- Push. Alabama when healthy is better and deeper- but they arent healthy. Yeldon being gimped is huge because it limits his outstanding cutting ability. So we are basically talking Henry vs JRob. State wins that battle H2H- but I expect Yeldon to play some to balance it out.

TE- Slight advantage Bama. MoJo is a tough match-up in the passing game- but will State use him enough? Bama's TE's are a little more physical. Walley is solid role player for us.

OL- Basically a push- but almost have to lean State. Normally you would say Bammer- but not in 2014. They have had some injuries and been doing some shuffling, but still a good group. State's group has stayed relatively healthy and been outstanding this season.

WR- Push. Cooper for Bammer will be the best WR on the field and they have to rely on him heavily to move the ball. State's group is balanced and deeper. Bear, Myles, the two Fred's...hell, even Stonehands caught a TD yesterday. Jameon comes back Saturday also. It's easier to cover 1 stud than a balanced group.

DL- I push it again. Bama has the space-eaters that dont let you move them. State has the rush that gets sacks and TFL's. Both groups are hell to deal with.

LB's- Advantage State. We have the best overall LB in Bennie Brown. We also have the best talent in McKinney. They dont have a Cheetah either. Bama's LB's are good- but they arent State good. They do have more depth than us tho.

CB's- Push. Both sides have playmakers but have been beat at times.

Safety- Advantage Bammer- lots more talent and better play this year.

ST's- advantage Bammer

Coaching- offense- State Mullen > Kiffin...defense- Bammer...Saban and Smart > Collins

Home advantage- Bammer

Intangibles- I say State. I think heart and leadership for this team is better than anything Bammer has. Plus, Bammer just came out of an emotional, physical OT game with LSU. Does nothing but help us. They are going to be some sore mf'ers until Wed-Thur

I cant wait for Saturday

Seems reasonable, coach. I'd give LB slight edge to bammer in total talent but I also realize we play different Ds.

codeDawg
11-09-2014, 04:44 PM
The best player on the field lines up behind center for us. The next best player is in the middle of our defense. The NEXT best player relies on Blake Simms to get him the ball.

We're not going to lose this one.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Since Saban has been at bama, besides the 9-6 game with LSU, the only teams that have beaten them in tuscaloosa have had a legit playmaker or heisman candidate at QB, and we have one. I think Dak will show out saturday. He's due after the KY and Arky games. He looked much healthier yesterday

defiantdog
11-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Our guys have been waiting to play this game since beating Auburn. Nerves are gone, the strange feeling of being number one is gone, the stress of the media always on you is out the window..... these boys want Bama more than a fat kid wanting cake. They're ready

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Our guys have been waiting to play this game since beating Auburn. Nerves are gone, the strange feeling of being number one is gone, the stress of the media always on you is out the window..... these boys want Bama more than a fat kid wanting cake. They're ready

No doubt about it. I played high school ball with a guy on the team and hes been tweeting about this game since the KY game. We will come out like we did vs LSU

Smitty
11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
I think we match up very well with Bammer's offense. Just CAN NOT give up the home run plays. Safety play will be huge for us, need to put them in positions to succeed.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I wanna see Redmond on Cooper with a safety over the top

TaleofTwoDogs
11-09-2014, 05:44 PM
If we can contain the big play, neutralize their special teams and keep from turning the ball over we will come home winners.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2014, 06:27 PM
You also have to take into account that most of those Bama players are saying to them selves this is Miss state. They will be shell shock just like Auburn, A&M and LSU>

Jack Lambert
11-09-2014, 06:30 PM
I think we match up very well with Bammer's offense. Just CAN NOT give up the home run plays. Safety play will be huge for us, need to put them in positions to succeed.

Sims is not smart. Did you listen to his post game interview? He's been at Bama for 5 years. Heck they even went out and recruited a FSU reject in order to have a QB this year. He is their QB by default. He makes too many mistakes when facing a good defense. He raddles easy. I am not impress with him at all.

FlabLoser
11-09-2014, 07:31 PM
I want to see us scheming Bear Wilson into one-on-one matchups. I want to see big play to him with inside leverage or that back shoulder fade. I want to see Dak running and postering the safety. I want to see Dak play actioning QB power and shredding the D to the TE over the middle. I want to see J Lewis getting open anywhere and everywhere and converting 3rd downs. I want to see J Rob showing them you can't tackle a tree trunk.

Have you EVER seen LSU fans chased out of Tiger Stadium before we played them there his year? Me either. I want to see that at Bryant Denny.

Hail Damn State.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Sims is not smart. Did you listen to his post game interview? He's been at Bama for 5 years. Heck they even went out and recruited a FSU reject in order to have a QB this year. He is their QB by default. He makes too many mistakes when facing a good defense. He raddles easy. I am not impress with him at all.

Sims is not smart. Did you listen to his post game interview? He's been at Bama for 5 years. Heck they even went out and recruited a FSU reject in order to have a QB this year. He is their QB by default. He makes too many mistakes when facing a good defense. ALL TRUE

He rattles easy. NOT TRUE

all

HoopsDawg
11-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Sims is not smart. Did you listen to his post game interview? He's been at Bama for 5 years. Heck they even went out and recruited a FSU reject in order to have a QB this year. He is their QB by default. He makes too many mistakes when facing a good defense. ALL TRUE

all

He was incredibly poised on the final drive of regulation vs LSU. Even overcame a drop by Cooper. Sims is a pretty good QB. His ability to run scares me.

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2014, 08:07 PM

all
His accuracy is definitely lacking at times but he's extremely athletic and can extend the play. But I think our LBs are fast enough to contain him

Jack Lambert
11-09-2014, 08:08 PM

all

He plays very well against average defenses but good defenses he is horrible. He has been in the system five years and they still went out to find another QB. They are still Bama and they are playing at home so that will account for a lot.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 08:09 PM
He was incredibly poised on the final drive of regulation vs LSU. Even overcame a drop by Cooper. Sims is a pretty good QB. His ability to run scares me.

yup, most people don't know it, but we signed him as a RB... as long as he doesn't throw picks (3 so far), I'm happy with him.... his INT/ATT% is obscene.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Playing at home does help them, theyve looked better at home this year than they have on the road, but considering who they have played at home its not saying much. A&M is awful, or was till they beat Auburn yesterday. Still dont think they (a&m) are that good. The whole ''big bad bama'' thing doesnt scare anyone anymore. Definitely not us

tcdog70
11-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I really don't see that Bama has better special teams. their kicker is shaky at best. they fumble more than Smokey.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 08:39 PM
I really don't see that Bama has better special teams. their kicker is shaky at best. they fumble more than Smokey.

I think Coach nailed it personally, i do agree with you though they have looked as bad on ST this year as we have. We seem to be turning it around though lately. I think our D line will win enough of the battles up front to make a difference and the same with our o line. We may not completely dominate them but we can do enough to decide the game. They are stout up front on defense i feel better about our Dline vs their oline, than our o line vs their front. It will be a war but i think we are the better team overall

TUSK
11-09-2014, 08:44 PM
He plays very well against average defenses but good defenses he is horrible. He has been in the system five years and they still went out to find another QB. They are still Bama and they are playing at home so that will account for a lot.

All of this is true... he struggled vs good D #13 LSU & #9 UM.... on the road... also at #43 Arkie...

He's seen one good D at home in #18 UF... and he lit em up...

it's a jekyll and hyde thing.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 08:51 PM

our K has been shaky lately, I'd still take him over Sobiesk, tho... Our punter is SKRONG, maybe the best in the country as a FR...

Bammer is also better on kick and return teams save Kickoff Ret. Defense... although it's improved a bit.

thank god we finally fixed the fumbling, too.

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 09:09 PM
It's not gonna be stopping their offense. They are going to have to stop our offense and that is where we finish on top. They won't be able to stop us.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 09:14 PM
It's not gonna be stopping their offense. They are going to have to stop our offense and that is where we finish on top. They won't be able to stop us.

Seen It, where do you think yall'll have the most success, early... running Dak on the read, or throwing vs mismatches?

I think a big lead early for yall can't be understated...

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Seen It, where do you think yall'll have the most success, early... running Dak on the read, or throwing vs mismatches?

I think a big lead early for yall can't be understated...

I think both. It's gonna press Collins when we go empty. If you don't bring Collins into the box it opens the middle for Dak to exploit the middle. If you do bring Collins down it takes your best defender out of the middle of the field. Crossing route city. If you go man with Collins on Dak we will overmatch your secondary, not because we have one stud WR but because we have 5 guys that can hurt your defense. I just think that Dak is the ultimate weapon and we are too versatile on offense. You don't have an answer.