PDA

View Full Version : What are the Bammer fans saying....

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Honestly, it's hard to find a post about our game. They are still celebrating yesterday. They feel like they have the Iron bowl left and that's it.

But the few threads I have seen over there regarding our game, talk about.....you guessed it...."They are 120 in pass defense"...."Not a good stat to have when coming to BDS"....."Cooper will eat them alive"....."Their pass defense is garbage".

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235976

We've heard it all year, and now we get yet another opportunity to take our 120th ranked pass defense and whip another Top 10 team's ass with it.

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2014, 03:05 PM
honestly, we would be saying the same thing if we were facing a team who almost LAST in the nation in pass defense. But there are other factors that play into that stat... We are guys 40% of the snaps that shouldn't see the field against an SEC team and that's where most of the yards come from.

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
They will be saying the same thing before we play in Dallas.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Check this out...

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236021

My favorite quote...

"MSU offense is nowhere near as good as West Virginia. And their defense gave up 34 points to UAB. I think the pressure gets to them in this game and they get exposed. Bama 45-10."

Our offense is nowhere near as good as West Virginia's?

cheewgumm
11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Next week it will be " we are just not the same Bama. This is a down year in the SEC."

TrapGame
11-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Check this out...

My favorite quote...

"MSU offense is nowhere near as good as West Virginia. And their defense gave up 34 points to UAB. I think the pressure gets to them in this game and they get exposed. Bama 45-10."

Wow! West Virginia?!!! And we treated UAB like a scrimmage game! Good Lawd!!!

This moron has not watched a single game of ours.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Check this out...

My favorite quote...

that's horseshit.... Trickett is a better thrower than Dak, but he is NO threat running... WV also has the 2nd best WR in the game...

Oh, and WV can't RGDF....

I give that post a "thumbs down".... now you know why I don't hang out there....

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Wow! West Virginia?!!! And we treated UAB like a scrimmage game! Good Lawd!!!

This moron has not watched a single game of ours.

Their entire fan base feels this way about us. Hell, there is even an Ohio State guy in that linked thread that tells the Bama fans, "you guys will score 41 at least". I mean, I guess technically that is possible, but Auburn has a much better offense than Bama and they only scored what, 20? We haven't come close to giving up 41 except for when we played 2nd and 3rd stringers all game against UAB. Sometimes I wonder where people come up with shit.

Pollodawg
11-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Their entire fan base feels this way about us. Hell, there is even an Ohio State guy in that linked thread that tells the Bama fans, "you guys will score 41 at least". I mean, I guess technically that is possible, but Auburn has a much better offense than Bama and they only scored what, 20? We haven't come close to giving up 41 except for when we played 2nd and 3rd stringers all game against UAB. Sometimes I wonder where people come up with shit.

I want Dan to show the team every word of this stuff. let em good and pissed when we roll in BDS.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Oh, and I bet none of them realize that our offense that "is way worse than West Virginia's" has scored 34+ points in 8 of 9 games, and 40+ in 5 of those 8.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Next week it will be " we are just not the same Bama. This is a down year in the SEC."

wait a minute... this isn't the "same Bama"...

hell, I've learned that just hangin with you cats... Bama is down...

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2014, 09:14 PM
The general things I'm seeing them say are remarkably like what the Auburn people said about us, minus the incessant griping about cowbells. I'm sure if this game was at MSU that would be there too. They will beat us because they are Bama and we are MSU.

Coach34
11-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Not as good as WV you say????

Scoring Offense: State 12th....WV 38th
Rush O: State 16th...WV 53rd
Pass O: State 39th...WV 11th

Total Offense: State is 6th in the country....WV is 15th

And we play in the SEC

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 09:28 PM

And we play in the SEC

Someone please link this to that thread

DLGDawg
11-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Those dang stats....getting in the way of peoples horse crap.

And we play in the SEC

Spider-Man
11-09-2014, 09:47 PM
I saw a girl's conversation with her father on Instagram after they beat LSU. He was already doing the rammer jammer cheer about FSU. What an ass.

msstate7
11-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I saw a girl's conversation with her father on Instagram after they beat LSU. He was already doing the rammer jammer cheer about FSU. What an ass.

I know bama is at home against us and auburn, but I don't get the confidence the lsu win inspired. Do they realize us and auburn spanked lsu?

LC Dawg
11-09-2014, 09:53 PM
I know bama is at home against us and auburn, but I don't get the confidence the lsu win inspired. Do they realize us and auburn spanked lsu?

That's right. And we did in the same stadium where they just had to scrape by in OT.

godlluB
11-09-2014, 10:06 PM
They are right, we suck. Saban should spend this week preparing for the Iron Bowl. **

Reason2succeed
11-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Vegas is going to clean up on poor Bama suckers. When fanbases are cocky and lazy and rely on history instead of evidence they do stupid things betting. I won $100 on the Aubies game because my friend simply looked at the margins of victory of both teams vs. LSU and didn't bother to watch one single State game.

Realize that Bammer fans aren't like State fans. They probably have never watched State play other than maybe the Auburn game. Like everyone they chalk Auburn's loss up to TOs without realizing that our defense created said turnovers.

Make money off your bammer friends this week.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2014, 10:26 PM
The general things I'm seeing them say are remarkably like what the Auburn people said about us, minus the incessant griping about cowbells. I'm sure if this game was at MSU that would be there too. They will beat us because they are Bama and we are MSU.

This is why they talk that way. This is why they look for reason they win or why we are winning. This is why they can't believe we might be better. This is why 90% of them think they have already won the game. . This is why they think we are over rated and a bubble that is going to bust. This is why they think, "They Are Miss State and there is no way they can beat us".

As great as I think the South is and would not live anywhere else, we are hard headed. We have a hard time accepting change. It took what 75 years before the SEC hired a Black Head Coach in football. It was what in the early 1970's before we had black football players. We are just hard headed people who can?t accept change and Alabama people are even more hard headed when it comes to football.

They can't accept the fact that MSU with their 3 star recruits could better than them. Maybe our Yankee coach is better than their Yankee coach. Saban has been a head coach for how many year, 20? Maybe it has just taken Mullen a few years to learn how to be a good head coach. Maybe Saban is at the end of his career and starting to stumble. Maybe Mullen is young and hungry. I don't know but every football dynasty comes to a end sooner or later and another one begins. Maybe this it is it. Who knows but I don't think you will find any Bama fan who think change like that could happen. Holts was great at one time. Bowden was great at one time. Steve Superior was great at one time. Change is going to happen.

They need to remember one thing no other school has played Bama more than MSU, not Tenn, not Auburn, not LSU but Miss State. We have been the only school who has manned up and has been willing to play them forever. If it was pre-split SEC conference, no one other than Miss State and Tenn would be willing to play them. All other would be trying to dodge them like they did since the beginning of the SEC. Maybe they should show a little respect for that.

We have only beaten them 18 times. That's ok because Ole Miss has beaten them 10 times and LSU has only beaten them 25 times. Tenn has only beaten them 38 times. KY only 2 times. Auburn has beaten them 35 times. Mighty Vanderbilt has beaten them 19 times. Georgia 25 times Florida 14 times. Arkansas 8 times. South Carolina 4 times. So it?s not like everyone else is whipping them.
So maybe Bama should get off the we are better than Miss State high horse. This might be the year that Miss State wins it all. It was going to happen sooner or later with a lower tier SEC school winning it all and it might just be Miss State this year.

We can hang it up on getting any respect from them. Hell most of them haven?t even been to a Bama football game. I would be willing to bet I have watched more games in Tuscaloosa then majority of them.

Bottom line is this. For this week they can all just kiss my ass.

sorry Tusk I like you and we got a few thing in common in real life but this week it full Bama hate.

BulldogBear
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
It's amazing how the script is the same before every big game we play this year. The nice thing is that Bama has shown me nothing to make me think the outcome will be any different than what happened to LSU, Auburn, and TAMU. This is not 2012 and we don't believe, we know. A maroon tsunami is on the way to wash away their pitiful crimson tide. State is about to play the most complete and focused game it has played this century.

cheewgumm
11-09-2014, 11:30 PM
I think we are going to win easily. However I'm extremely bias and it may be my heart doing the thinking I freely admit. Regardless i want to know beforehand if Bama is good or not good, so if we do win we don't have to hear how they are not any good. Seems everyone we beat " sux" until they come back around later I the year.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Check this one out....

"They don't have the defense to hang with us. Prescott will frustrate us at times, but other than that, what can they do? Our DBs are playing better right now and Prescott isn't a pinpoint passer, he's basically another Tim Tebow, he will stay patient, avoid pressure and fight to find the open man but he's not gonna be making it rain like Clint Trickett out there. Apart from having a dual threat QB, State really doesn't match-up well with us.

31-21 Bama."

Ha, so we don't match up well, yet he only picks Bama by 10? Seems like his heart feels better about it than his head. And what is with their entire fan base acting like MSU's offense is worse than West Virginia's, and that Dak is worse than Trickett? Do they realize Dak is the Heisman front runner? Or better yet, do any of these clowns watch a game not involving Alabama during the season?

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:45 PM
"I think we win a blowout. MSU's pass defense is 121st out of 124 teams.

And what position does our best player play?

I think Lane Kiffin is going to tell Sims to drop back and let it fly - and if nobody is open, take off running.

I think Prescott gives MSU a chance if he can keep our offense on the sidelines. But we DO have a good D.

I think we win, 34-10. For those worried about LSU hangover.....go look at the difference in the MSU scores when we play at BDS and when we play at DWS (MSU)."

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:46 PM
"Prescott's good, but we shut down Tebow, and this offense is similar to UF's when Tebow was there."

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:49 PM
"there is no way State scores 27 points. No!Way!"

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:50 PM
"Bama 34-14

We will find a scheme to contain Dak.

And Blake will pass all day on Miss State's secondary."

Dawg61
11-09-2014, 11:50 PM
It's just a totally different era of football now that all the SEC teams have money. The way things used to be are dead and gone now. The SEC is just basically minor league NFL and now all the schools can afford to play. Dan has an established system now that is elite in terms of depth of athletes. We are just bigger and more athletic and much deeper than any other team in the nation. That's the true brilliance of Mullen. He has been left alone to stockpile freakish Mississippi talent and size and he's had almost zero turnover from his last 4 recruiting classes in a row. He's been able to redshirt half of every class and develop them. His momentum is too strong at this point. MSU is here to stay. The next big question for us is whose going to step up after Dak goes pro.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:51 PM
"I don't think most people truly believe that MSU is the best team. Let's see how many analyst/media folks pick MSU his week. They have the best resume up to this point and deserve to be ranked #1. I think our players will be ready to go but this is the biggest game in the history of MSU. It's just the next game to Bama.."

cheewgumm
11-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Boy they think
Blake is really good.

MarketingBully01
11-09-2014, 11:55 PM
They didn't shut Tebow down in 2008. They also didn't shut Manziel down in 2012. Ya know, the last time those guys lost at Bryant Denny....same type of LSU team and won under the same circumstances....eerily similar. Key to our victory will be jumping on them early and force Sims into some uncomfortable situations. Driving for a field goal when LSU is playing prevent is not pressure especially considering Kiffin basically has to spoon feed the offense to Sims....we can really confuse Sims if we disguise our defense and audible to the real defense once he gets the play from Kiffin...

cheewgumm
11-09-2014, 11:55 PM
I really do hope Dak takes off and makes them pay for rushing 4 with no spy type. There have been a lot of times this year he could hVe picked up significant yards but chose to stay in pocket and try to find someone.

This is ths game I hope he takes off, forcing them to keepsake home to stop
Him.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 11:56 PM
They just pulled an OM and posted Sims passing stats compared to Dak's and said "Why is Sims not getting the love?". They didn't post the rushing numbers. Are people really that stupid?

MarketingBully01
11-09-2014, 11:56 PM
"I don't think most people truly believe that MSU is the best team. Let's see how many analyst/media folks pick MSU his week. They have the best resume up to this point and deserve to be ranked #1. I think our players will be ready to go but this is the biggest game in the history of MSU. It's just the next game to Bama.."

And that is why they will lose "Next game to Bama..."

MarketingBully01
11-09-2014, 11:57 PM
They just pulled an OM and posted Sims passing stats compared to Dak's and said "Why is Sims not getting the love?". They didn't post the rushing numbers. Are people really that stupid?

I'd like to see Sims passing stats minus his passes to Cooper.....enough said...

Dawg61
11-10-2014, 12:06 AM
I'd like to see Sims passing stats minus his passes to Cooper.....enough said...

Well Cooper has 1,200 yards so not so good without him

SDDawg
11-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Bama formula is always the same, live off the past. Sure, the Saban reboot generated some enthusiasm for a while but now he's on cruise control and doesn't have the passion he once had and it shows. He's the opposite of "hungry" and it shows in games like the one they played last night.

Bottom line: Bama has lost 3 out of their last 11 games. Let that sink in for a minute. They're a decent team, but not great by any stretch. They were pressured by WVU and Arky this year and couldn't produce any offense against LSU until the very end. We may not beat them (I expect to but anything could happen), but if we don't it won't be because they're great this year. If they're not talking about our game, it's only because they have their eye off the ball. Our guys have been thinking about this game for a month and are ready to whip some Tide tail.

SDDawg
11-10-2014, 12:32 AM

Which is hilarious because this game is a MUST WIN for Bama to go to the first-ever Playoff and for us it's important but we can probably still get there without the game. "This is their Super Bowl"- any time you hear that, you know you're dealing with an OM-level idiot.

Rayburn8
11-10-2014, 12:53 AM
The funniest I have seen so far was a bama fan post that our front seven wouldn't stop their run game like LSU's did. Let that sink in they all but said LSU has a better front seven than us. Their level of delusion may pass
TSUN fans.

DawgPoundtheRock
11-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Most Alabama fans are "sidewalk" fans. The majority of these have never set foot on Alabama's campus much less attended a game in person. These are the vocal idiots who call the Finebaum Show and post really stupid (but entertaining) things on message boards. These are the people who vandalize a rival school's campus and brag about it on talk radio. They are generally an embarrassment to Alabama alumni.

So while the entertaining posts from the hardcore Bama fans continues to emerge, I'm thinking that the Alabama coaching staff has watched plenty of film on MSU and aren't taking us lightly at all. We're the number 1 team in the nation for a reason. We earned it. We deserve it. The Bama coaching staff knows this and will have their team ready to play. This game is going to be really fun to watch.

The sidewalk alumni are in for a surprise.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2014, 09:02 AM

I would say that we were a little down the last time they were number one.

engie
11-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I've been licking my chops ever since I watched how they defended Jennings in the LSU game. They do the same against Dak and the question isn't whether he gets 100 against them on the ground -- it's if he gets 200.

Everything that MSU is will be redefined(again) in 60 minutes on Saturday in Tuscaloosa. Enjoy it boys. On Sunday, it'll be a brand new flurry of "lightning in a bottle, Dak is leaving early, Mullen is gone, lucky, etc" that we have to contend with as we're celebrating our second SECWest championship and pouring our first Heisman and Playoff drinks...

BulldogBear
11-10-2014, 10:15 AM
The funniest I have seen so far was a bama fan post that our front seven wouldn't stop their run game like LSU's did. Let that sink in they all but said LSU has a better front seven than us. Their level of delusion may pass
TSUN fans.

We destroyed LSU on both sides of the ball on the same field and they give us no chance. I know the transient is foolish to apply to football scores/results but good grief, watch a football game of a team before writing them off Bama fans. Or at least look at their schedule and who they've played/beat and do a little freaking analysis. As usual anybody can pass on us so that automatically means victory for Bama. Just like it did for TAMU, Auburn, LSU, KY, Arkansas.***

ALABAMA...please, please, please, please gameplan to "pass all over us." Please shut down your own running game and try to win throwing to double teamed Cooper half your offensive plays. Please, Kiffen.... please believe you're going to pass all over us. Please throw us 3 INTS that will result from that gameplan.

LC Dawg
11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
I just came out of a meeting in which an Ole Miss fan pronounced that Bama is in the driver's seat and a Bama fan said that the SEC will only get one team in the playoffs now that every team will have a loss.
I just stated that I guess we are the co-driver and told the Bama fan that as far as I know we have not conceded this Saturday's game.
They won't want to discuss this next Monday.