PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs Alabama

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 02:21 PM
First off...Any update on Yeldon? I hope the kid is ok long term, but I'm cool with him being too hurt to go Saturday.

Defensively:

I think many are hitting the nail on the head when it comes to slowing down Cooper if we want to win. Well, I feel like tackling is our biggest key defensively. Cooper will get his, but we need to make sure he goes down right after his catches. LSU and several other opponents of Bama, have limited his catches, but failed to tackle him on the few he did catch, and got burned.

And that goes for tackling Henry and Yeldon as well. And even Simms. These are big, strong, fast guys, and we have to be sure tacklers or they can turn a 5 yard gain into a 60 yard TD in a heartbeat.

In my opinion, this game is all about making Bama drive the length of the field. Our team is lights out in the red zone, so we can't allow them any Homeruns from outside of the 20's. Our strength is our ability to keep teams out of the endzone...so make them earn it. Shotgun and I discussed it last night, so I'll say it again...I would tell any of our secondary and linebackers, "if you are even possibly beaten on a pass play and you don't have help over the top....Tackle the guy and take the pass interference penalty." 15 yards and first down is WAYY better than a 50+ yard TD. If in doubt, live to see another play and take the penalty.

I think the more plays you force Bama to run on a scoring drive, the better your chances of Kiffin getting cute and ****ing it up. So hopefully that will play into our bend don't break defense. We won't be able to blitz much, because Sims is so dangerous on the move and we can't leave Cooper 1 on 1....so everybody better be prepared to see Sims have tons of time to throw. We need our front 4 to play the game of their lives and get some heat.

Offensively:

I think our offense is going to move the ball on these guys, more than any other offense this season. The key is turnovers. We can't have any. Dak has GOT to take off as soon as there is nobody open. Can't force throws, and can't stand in the pocket for 7-8 seconds. Gotta check your first few reads, and then either dump off to JRob or take off and get 2-3 yds if you have to. Field position will be big, so don't take sacks and don't turn the ball over.

In my opinion, I could see us needing 24 points to win the game. That means Sobiesk has to come through, and we have to take advantage of Every scoring opportunity. I think we can score on these guys, but it will be interesting to see.

HailState

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 02:51 PM
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235976

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Once again this game isn't gonna be won with our defense. It's gonna be won with our offense. And Bama hasn't seen anything like what they will see in 6 days.