PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB......

War Machine Dawg
11-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Gents, the Looking Ahead Edition of ACQB is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2014/11/9/7180143/wmd-armchair-qb-looking-ahead-edition-mississppi-state-bulldogs-dak-prescott-dan-mullen). Let's talk UTM. And Bama, the train is coming and you're on the track.

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2014, 12:48 PM
To be able to win on saturday our front 4 MUST be able to get pressure. I hope they are ready for the challenge because they looked apethetic yesterday but I'm hoping that was because we played down to the level of our opponent

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Vanilla

War Machine Dawg
11-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Sunday afternoon bump.

drunkernhelldawg
11-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Great job. Appreciate how thorough you are, hitting almost every relevant aspect. Very enjoyable read.

BulldogBear
11-10-2014, 10:07 AM
I though the offensive gameplan against Arkansas was headscratching, but I think this one was more vanilla by design. We threw way too many passes against the Hogs too. I'm hoping Mullen is just tossing out a bunch of red herring.

War Machine Dawg
11-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I though the offensive gameplan against Arkansas was headscratching, but I think this one was more vanilla by design. We threw way too many passes against the Hogs too. I'm hoping Mullen is just tossing out a bunch of red herring.

Like I said, it was definitely an intentional re-use of the "preseason" gameplans. And I expected more passing to keep hits off Dak & J-Rob. But passing 60% of the time through the first quarter? Questionable at best. That said, I fully expect a return to physical, run-heavy football this Saturday. We won't win any other way.

Irondawg
11-10-2014, 01:31 PM
More concerning to me than the number off passes against such an opponent was the fact that Dak continually had to go to 2nd and 3rd reads. That means our WR were not getting open and winning matchups against UT Martin.