PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary thoughts on the Bammer game

Coach34
11-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Defensively:

1. Play physical. Expect more Henry than Yeldon.
2. Be patient and let Kiffin phuck up- cause we all know he is going to.
3. Make it as tough on Cooper as possible with Redmond and Cheetah
4. Tackle their QB when we blitz. He got away from LSU a couple of times when they should have had him and made big plays
5. Force 2 turnovers

Offensively:

1. RTGDF and be patient- because sledding will be tough. Day/Beckwith/Malone have their work cut out for them. We have got to combo that big ass NG and get someone slipping on to the LB. We cant let him occupy a C and OG on runs.

2. Our trick play has to work. No screw ups. It has to be run perfectly.

3. Need some scrambles by Dakota. 100+ yards is a must.

4. Bear in the slot alot this week. He and MoJo have to play huge roles in the middle of the field. Those guys are tough to cover and are match-up nightmares.

5. WR's have to catch the damn ball- no drops

6. It's ok to punt. Dont force the ball and turn it over. Have to play some field position

cheewgumm
11-09-2014, 12:13 PM
I'd tell Dak to quickly run if it's not there. He will drop a lot of times with 4 rushing and he could get 15 yards but looks to throw.

That's fine but in this game is take those 15 yards. It will loosen things up too.

defiantdog
11-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Our guys have been looking at this game since the Kentucky win. Look for our guys to play their most physical game all year. They know this is for the West.

phatdog
11-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Bama will have troubles substituting on defense too. We'll catch them with their big LBs on the field and go empty backfield.

ScottH
11-09-2014, 12:54 PM
I look for us to have periods of extreme up tempo.

TopDog58
11-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I'd feel much more confident if DeRunnya hadn't looked so lost lately. It seems like he hasn't caught anything in a month.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd feel much more confident if DeRunnya hadn't looked so lost lately. It seems like he hasn't caught anything in a month.

He'll be fine

Political Hack
11-09-2014, 01:41 PM
I look for us to have periods of extreme up tempo.

agree

dawggoneit
11-09-2014, 01:42 PM
This is our time to kick the door in and take the SEC West!!! We are big and bad enough to do it at their place and do it with authority! This is the game our team has been waiting for. They need to get their minds right and take Bama down!

IMissJack
11-09-2014, 01:47 PM
The Bear Wilson of the LSU game has to show up.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I agree Coach, our receivers will be key in this game. Bama is going to load up to stop Dak and Robinson and the only way to loosen that up will be with passing.

Our receivers must beat 1 on 1 coverage and CATCH the football. Bama's defense can be beaten , but die to their speed they have a unique ability to close gaps and pursue plays. If our receivers don't catch the ball, their is a good chance for tipped balls that turn into interceptions.

Bear, Ross, Tubby, and Myles must play great.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Don't play the 1B's except on the D-line. Let's play our best D-line together some: Ry Brown, Eulls, Chris Jones, P. Smith. Leave our 3 LB's in the whole game. Bring Wells and B-Mac on some blitzes. No corner blitzes. Redmond needs to be matched up with Cooper, Calhoun on White, Love on the slot.

Those 3 5th year seniors on the O-line have to play physical and they have to play nasty. Offensively, this game is on them. Dak will run it this game 18-22 times. J-Rob will get 14-17 carries. I agree that Bear and Mojo are key in the passing game.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 03:28 PM
They are stout up front but we have what has given Saban trouble since hes been at bama, an up tempo balanced offense (when we want it to be) and a mobile QB. to beat them over there you have to pretty much have a heisman player and a defense that can go toe to toe with them. we have that and then some

Dallas_Dawg
11-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Ole Miss and Bro Ballace beat this team.
Dak Prescott >>>> Bro ballace or Blake Simms
We have played them tough in years past but lost because
AJ mccarron > Tyler Russell
This sounds like kindergarten logic but it really is that simple.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Our 5 wide set is going to kill them and drive saban and smart nuts. theres only so much scheming you can do to stop it, you have to choose, do you load up and stop Dak from running and get beat by the pass? or do you leave the safeties back and play pass and get beat by Dak running.

justwin
11-09-2014, 03:49 PM
This.

Ole Miss and Bro Ballace beat this team.
Dak Prescott >>>> Bro ballace or Blake Simms
We have played them tough in years past but lost because
AJ mccarron > Tyler Russell
This sounds like kindergarten logic but it really is that simple.

Todd4State
11-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I really like the idea of Bear in the slot. I think that might help him get him going, and even if it doesn't Alabama still has to account for him. Speaking of the slot, I hope Jameon comes back with a vengeance in this game.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2014, 04:11 PM
I really like the idea of Bear in the slot. I think that might help him get him going, and even if it doesn't Alabama still has to account for him. Speaking of the slot, I hope Jameon comes back with a vengeance in this game.

We've used Bear in the slot this year. He has at least 2 TD's out of the slot. It's a nightmare mis-match.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
I've just got to believe that Dan has some things ready to run that Alabama hasn't seen us do to this point. Our big 3 SEC games we got big leads and didn't need to run everything that we could have. The last 3 just seems like we've run the basics to do enough to win.

I really believe Dan will roll out everything in the playbook this weekend. There's no reason to hold anything back at this point.

Win this one boys and the only way we don't go to Atlanta.....lose to Vandy at home. That ain't happening if we win Saturday.

Coach34
11-09-2014, 04:28 PM
I agree the 5-wide set could give them some fits...we have to be smart when we run this

PMDawg
11-09-2014, 04:33 PM
I think it comes down to 2 questions:

Can we establish a run game?

Can we limit cooper on 3rd down and hold him to 1 TD or less?

HoopsDawg
11-09-2014, 04:54 PM
I think it comes down to 2 questions:

Can we establish a run game?

Can we limit cooper on 3rd down and hold him to 1 TD or less?

If we play soft zone and give a big cushion with our corners, Bama will eat that up. Need to play in their face and physical. Arkansas gave the blue print.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I really think the defense could hold them to 20 points or less if we dont muff a punt or have some turnovers. They wont be able to run it on us consistently with our front 7. Watching them several times this year just seems to me like its cooper or bust for them. DeAndrew White did make some plays for them last night but i think calhoun or love could handle him 1 on 1. I wanna see Redmond vs Cooper with some safety help if he needs it, which he probably will

Reason2succeed
11-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Playing Henry may work to their advantage. You're not going to out run our LBs so power is the way to go. The only thing that concerns me is if Sims becomes a true mobile QB but for some reason Kiffin has him playing pro-style. Shut down Sims and don't let the ball get to Cooper and we win easily.

LC Dawg
11-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Saban commented at the half and after the game last night about their lack of success on down field passes. He said that it was wasting plays. I know every time they have a long incompletion Saban thinks he could have easily gotten 4-6 yards running the ball. It wouldn't surprise me if Saban handcuffs Kiffin a little by making him use a much more conservative offensive gameplan. I know they'll want to limit the number of possessions we have.

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 08:43 PM
If we show up fired up like i think we will, i think we can beat them by 2 scores. I'd say right now though State 24 Alabama 14

HoopsDawg
11-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Saban commented at the half and after the game last night about their lack of success on down field passes. He said that it was wasting plays. I know every time they have a long incompletion Saban thinks he could have easily gotten 4-6 yards running the ball. It wouldn't surprise me if Saban handcuffs Kiffin a little by making him use a much more conservative offensive gameplan. I know they'll want to limit the number of possessions we have.

Yeah, but LSU was covering the long passes. That has been an issue for us. Kiffin is going to challenge our safeties down the deep middle.

IMissJack
11-09-2014, 08:45 PM
I think they will P/A pass a lot, because they see our secondary as the weak link. I don't think they believe they can just run against us, they saw our LSU tape. This is why our secondary has defended more passes than anyone in the SEC this year.

maroonmania
11-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Offensively:

1. RTGDF and be patient- because sledding will be tough. Day/Beckwith/Malone have their work cut out for them. We have got to combo that big ass NG and get someone slipping on to the LB. We cant let him occupy a C and OG on runs.

To me this game is a little different. YES, we have to run some but we can't be stubborn about it. LSU is as good a running football team as there is and they couldn't break off any long runs against Bama. I didn't witness one LSU rushing attempt that went for more than 10 yards (though I could have missed one). Alabama has only given up TWO rushing TDs all year. The next closest FBS team is Utah with five and then nobody else has less than 6. ONE team has beaten Alabama and that's OM who doesn't even really have a running game. I am not saying we shouldn't run the ball but this is not a game to keep pounding against a wall if its not there. In fact, I would be willing to bet a lot of our best runs in this game will come from Dak scrambling out of the pocket on pass play calls.

Barking 13
11-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I've just got to believe that Dan has some things ready to run that Alabama hasn't seen us do to this point. Our big 3 SEC games we got big leads and didn't need to run everything that we could have. The last 3 just seems like we've run the basics to do enough to win.

I really believe Dan will roll out everything in the playbook this weekend. There's no reason to hold anything back at this point. Win this one boys and the only way we don't go to Atlanta.....lose to Vandy at home. That ain't happening if we win Saturday.

P/A passing out of the diamond? That would make my sticker peck up...

Political Hack
11-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I'd expect some slip screens early on to buy Dak more time down the stretch. I'd also be pretty shocked if we don't roll the pocket a bit more than we have been to give Dak and run pass option.

thf24
11-10-2014, 01:21 PM
In regards to Cooper, he is going to have catches. There is NO ONE in college football who can run routes and get open like he can. We need to let him have his catches underneath and tackle well. Don't let him go for longs runs after the catch and don't let him get loose down the field. If we can limit big plays and make them drive the field, and our front 7 plays well, I think we'll frustrate Sims and force him into some mistakes.

Sacrifice
11-10-2014, 01:49 PM
We're gonna beat Bama by 10 or more points. Take it to the bank!!
There offense struggles when they can't run the ball and there not running on us. Plus we're not the hunted in this game. I know we're #1 but most of the national media is picking Bama... Now for the biggest thing...We've got a hard on a mile long to beat these MFers. We should've beat them last year and they know it. We just didn't have the offense to get it done, this year we do.