PDA

View Full Version : Goat

msstate7
11-09-2014, 10:45 AM
i hated the way bama came back last night and I do agree it will make our game tougher. That said we are the best team bama has seen this year. Bama hasn't seen an offense as balanced or as good as us all year. Bama hasn't seen a qb on dak's level. We're gonna play them hard. We might lose, but we won't get whipped.

Goat, you're melting for no good reason...

basedog
11-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Also Saban has had trouble with spread offenses. No doubt we will be the best offensive team they have face. I think IF we can win the turnover battle we win!

Goat Holder
11-09-2014, 10:54 AM
I hope you are right. We've come too far for it all to die on their field once again.

yakalot
11-09-2014, 10:59 AM
because he is Goat.

Saltydog
11-09-2014, 11:01 AM
tougher. Do you really think Saban would've lost two in a row.

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 01:32 PM
tougher. Do you really think Saban would've lost two in a row.

Well...yea...he would. His teams suck when they are out of the national title race. Also, his team lost 2 times in a row last year. Also, it doesn't really matter because we are way better than Alabama. Not just a little better. Way better. It is going to take our heisman caliber qb having a really bad game to not beat Alabama. I'm sick of everyone looking at them as if they are better than they are simply because of the uniform they put on. They are no better than the other top half west teams that we have skull drug this year. We are going to whip their ass.

I seen it dawg
11-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Well...yea...he would. His teams suck when they are out of the national title race. Also, his team lost 2 times in a row last year. Also, it doesn't really matter because we are way better than Alabama. Not just a little better. Way better. It is going to take our heisman caliber qb having a really bad game to not beat Alabama. I'm sick of everyone looking at them as if they are better than they are simply because of the uniform they put on. They are no better than the other top half west teams that we have skull drug this year. We are going to whip their ass.

I. Seen. That. !!!

TUSK
11-09-2014, 01:42 PM

wow.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIejSBCBjPkbnY2dkco-I_D9N5TOcsuG2T6XEptvY90Wr04Yfx

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 01:47 PM
That's not being wooly. That's looking at what both teams have done this year and not making a decision based on past years and recruiting stars. I'm sorry that you aren't as good as you usually are and we are the better team, but the truth hurts. I hope you are ready to watch an ass whipping Saturday.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 01:52 PM
That's not being wooly. That's looking at what both teams have done this year and not making a decision based on past years and recruiting stars. I'm sorry that you aren't as good as you usually are and we are the better team, but the truth hurts. I hope you are ready to watch an ass whipping Saturday.

Define "ass whipping", please...

I'm also curious as to what leads you to believe Bama "isn't as good as they usually are" (I agree with you, in part)...

Just want your basis/take on the disparity between '14 Bammer vs '13 and '12...

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 01:56 PM
More than one possession on the road is what I would define as an ass whooping in this case. Your secondary isn't as good as it usually is, your quarterback isn't as good as the 2013 version, your tailback is injured, your offensive coordinator is schizophrenic, you are playing against a team that has a very mobile quarterback which you struggle with, and the team you are playing is better and more experienced. You also just played your most physical game of the year while we got to rest our starters and play ut Martin. You have home field advantage, which an experienced team like ours has already shown does not bother us.

RiverCityDawg
11-09-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm also curious as to what leads you to believe Bama "isn't as good as they usually are" (I agree with you, in part)...

Just want your basis/take on the disparity between '14 Bammer vs '13 and '12...

You didn't ask me, but in my opinion its less overall talent at CB, QB, LB, DL & OL (in order from biggest drop off to least). This goes into the talent thing, but your defense just don't looks as suffocating as in years past. Also, you seem to make more self-inflicted mistakes on both sides of the ball than in years past.

Reason2succeed
11-09-2014, 02:23 PM
We're gonna roll the tide and take their tusks. Yes, they will come out inspired but as long as we contain Blake Sims we win. Our offense is more efficient than theirs and their defense has not shown the usual dominance. OM, A&M, and LSU are all one dimensional offenses. We are three dimensional.

Saltydog
11-09-2014, 02:34 PM
simple as that. You don't dominate at the point of attack. Your OL and run game is NOT as physical as in the past. Your kicking game has been suspect. Your Secondary is weaker. Please try to argue w/me otherwise. Bama is good. Bama is NOT great. You have weaknesses.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM
I can dig on what most of you guys are saying...

I believe that while it may be negligible, I believe Bammer's secondary is a bit better than MSU's... (Collins is likely the best DB for either team)... especially when it gets into nickel/dime packages and #2s... and the Bama run defense is definitely better than State's although State definitely is better at chasing QBs... I think yall have bigger WR corps, but Cooper (if he'll quit droppin balls) will be the best WR in the game...

BMac will be the best LB in the game, but I feel, Dickson, Ragland, Depriest, Anderson are overall a bit better as a unit...

I believe yall have a great red zone defense and your STs has improved IMO... I give ST advantage to Bammer though...

I agree that Kiffen (retard) throws a little too much and our run OL isn't nearly as good as it could be due to lack of depth/injuries...

Losing Drake really hurt us and Yeldon gimped up hurts even more... fortunately our #3 RB is pretty good... He'd likely start at several SEC schools...

Sims struggles on the road but showed some composure & maturity late vs LSU... at home, he's been solid... overall, his numbers are slightly better than Dak's (almost the same)...

I think Alabama has played a more difficult schedule and I think this will help if it's a close game....

sorry for the choppy writing structure....

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 03:26 PM
We are better than Alabama at every position group outside of wide receiver and safety.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 03:33 PM
We are better than Alabama at every position group outside of wide receiver and safety.

uh... eh kay....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 03:42 PM
uh... eh kay....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo
Cool video. There is a reason we are ranked ahead of you. You lost to ole miss and needed overtime to beat a mediocre LSU team. Just don't poison our trees after our team that has better players than your at nearly every position groups whips your team's ass.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Cool video. There is a reason we are ranked ahead of you. You lost to ole miss and needed overtime to beat a mediocre LSU team. Just don't poison our trees after our team that has better players than your at nearly every position groups whips your team's ass.

You're awesome...

how convinced are you that MSU is gonna "whip Bammer's ass" (>7)...?

I've some interesting ideas for wagers...

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Why would I make a bet with you +7 when I can get 6.5 points from Vegas? Like I did when we were underdogs to auburn, atm, and LSU...who all had fans just like yourself.

GreenheadDawg
11-09-2014, 03:58 PM
You're awesome...

how convinced are you that MSU is gonna "whip Bammer's ass" (>7)...?

I've some interesting ideas for wagers...

I'm a little less optimistic than that guy because of the way we have looked recently but I expect a good game and not a lop-sided one. I think both teams match up well with each other. When people say, including myself, that Bama isn't as good as recent years.. they are still pretty ****ing good. Both teams smell blood in the water and the winner will likely win the west. We shall see who wants it more. And I have to say Tusk you are about the most rational Bama fan, maybe opposing SEC fan in general, I have ever encountered

TUSK
11-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Why would I make a bet with you +7 when I can get 6.5 points from Vegas? Like I did when we were underdogs to auburn, atm, and LSU...who all had fans just like yourself.

Ok, I'll give you 6.5 on a sig bet.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm a little less optimistic than that guy because of the way we have looked recently but I expect a good game and not a lop-sided one. I think both teams match up well with each other. When people say, including myself, that Bama isn't as good as recent years.. they are still pretty ****ing good. Both teams smell blood in the water and the winner will likely win the west. We shall see who wants it more. And I have to say Tusk you are about the most rational Bama fan, maybe opposing SEC fan in general, I have ever encountered

Thanks, green.

It's tough but I try to base my assertions on reality instead of faith.

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Ok, I'll give you 6.5 on a sig bet.

Lol...sure thing

Rick Danko
11-09-2014, 05:08 PM
I think Alabama has played a more difficult schedule and I think this will help if it's a close game....

Can't quite follow this... Outside of Yall playing a WVU team that just lost to Texas, how do you figure. You played OM, we played Auburn. U played Tenn, we played Kent, otherwise our schedules are pretty similar, unless I'm missing something without taking time to look em both up. Please explain your logic for this statement.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Can't quite follow this... Outside of Yall playing a WVU team that just lost to Texas, how do you figure. You played OM, we played Auburn. U played Tenn, we played Kent, otherwise our schedules are pretty similar, unless I'm missing something without taking time to look em both up. Please explain your logic for this statement.

It's not a HUGE disparity... #171 UTM really hurt yall, WV and UF helped us... several of the games washed out....

I don't have the XLS in front of me, but I think the average opponent's Sagarin Ranking for us was 46 and 73 for yall... I didn't consider "outliers"sp tho.

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 06:46 PM
It's not a HUGE disparity... #171 UTM really hurt yall, WV and UF helped us... several of the games washed out....

I don't have the XLS in front of me, but I think the average opponent's Sagarin Ranking for us was 46 and 73 for yall... I didn't consider "outliers"sp tho.

You have a stronger SOS because your OOC schedule is slightly less shitty than ours. I don't think that is going to be any help to you in a close game.

Political Hack
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
You have a stronger SOS because your OOC schedule is slightly less shitty than ours. I don't think that is going to be any help to you in a close game.

half of our schedule is the exact same as yours. The difference is negligible regardless what Sagirin says.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 07:03 PM

But "blowing people out" sure doesn't help...

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 07:13 PM
But "blowing people out" sure doesn't help...

We've been in close games with Kentucky and Arkansas. We handled that close game pressure without panicking. I know that those teams aren't as good as Alabama, but I'm speaking strictly about how the team responded. There was never any panic on the sideline.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 07:17 PM
We've been in close games with Kentucky and Arkansas. We handled that close game pressure without panicking. I know that those teams aren't as good as Alabama, but I'm speaking strictly about how the team responded. There was never any panic on the sideline.

I can dig that... I was please to see a similar response by Bama after they literally fumbled the game away late in BR...

Sims didn't have a good night, but he didn't blink down the stretch.

LC Dawg
11-09-2014, 07:24 PM
TUSK, you're at the top of my list of favorite Bama fans. Well, actually you are the list.
As rational as you try to be you are just like every Bama fan in that you can never picture a scenario where you guys get beat because the other team is better. Only someone with elephant colored glasses can look at the overall body of work between these teams and not get the impression that the Bulldogs are the better team. You even pointed out that Sim's numbers were slightly better than Dak's. You can't even 100% concede the qb position to us.
That being said you probably are one of the most sane Bama fans. It is a big curve though. I think Phyllis from Mulga falls about at the midpoint of the Crazy Bama fan meter.

campshelbydog
11-09-2014, 07:32 PM
To be honest, that's why I'm speaking this brash. It's like our fans are too scared to be as cocky as they are when we have a better team than them simply because they have Alabama on their chest. To hell with that. We are better than them.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 07:46 PM
TUSK, you're at the top of my list of favorite Bama fans. Well, actually you are the list.
As rational as you try to be you are just like every Bama fan in that you can never picture a scenario where you guys get beat because the other team is better. Only someone with elephant colored glasses can look at the overall body of work between these teams and not get the impression that the Bulldogs are the better team. You even pointed out that Sim's numbers were slightly better than Dak's. You can't even 100% concede the qb position to us.
That being said you probably are one of the most sane Bama fans. It is a big curve though. I think Phyllis from Mulga falls about at the midpoint of the Crazy Bama fan meter.

Hold up, Daddio...

let's make sure we understand one another:
1) I'd swap Sims for Dak in a heartbeat... no doubt about it... he is a better QB... He is a more consistent passer, and a more effective runner.
2) Hell yes Bama can get beat... By a lot of teams this year... and MSU is certainly among them along with AU, UGA, etc... Under Saban, we lose an average of >2 games a year... stats say we drop another this year...
3) I'll also concede BMac will be the best LB in the game...

may I put my PsychoPhant glasses back on, now...?

LC Dawg
11-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Hold up, Daddio...

let's make sure we understand one another:
1) I'd swap Sims for Dak in a heartbeat... no doubt about it... he is a better QB... He is a more consistent passer, and a more effective runner.
2) Hell yes Bama can get beat... By a lot of teams this year... and MSU is certainly among them along with AU, UGA, etc... Under Saban, we lose an average of >2 games a year... stats say we drop another this year...
3) I'll also concede BMac will be the best LB in the game...

may I put my PsychoPhant glasses back on, now...?

Ok, that's better. You're still my favorite Bama fan.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 08:30 PM

Excellent post.

Tusk, I like you bro....but if every positive MSU comment is going to be met with your defense and/or cherry picking of numbers and unwillingness to see a chance at Bama losing....you may have to take a week off. We're #1 and we feel like we're gonna kick the cockiness out of y'all's team and fan base next Saturday. And I am not going to apologize for saying that you aren't going to ruin that for me or any other EliteDawgs this week.

You're a good dude, but you are too biased naturally, and much like Reb posters aren't allowed on SPS during EB week....we may have to do the same. Please don't try to wager everybody that says we're going to destroy y'all this week. Instead, I'm letting everyone know right now that if you feel like placing any side bets on the game, pm Tusk.

Hope you understand bud. No hard feelings at all. I just don't care to here Bama bias this week if that's cool.

TUSK
11-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Excellent post.

Tusk, I like you bro....but if every positive MSU comment is going to be met with your defense and/or cherry picking of numbers and unwillingness to see a chance at Bama losing....you may have to take a week off. We're #1 and we feel like we're gonna kick the cockiness out of y'all's team and fan base next Saturday. And I am not going to apologize for saying that you aren't going to ruin that for me or any other EliteDawgs this week.

You're a good dude, but you are too biased naturally, and much like Reb posters aren't allowed on SPS during EB week....we may have to do the same. Please don't try to wager everybody that says we're going to destroy y'all this week. Instead, I'm letting everyone know right now that if you feel like placing any side bets on the game, pm Tusk.

Hope you understand bud. No hard feelings at all. I just don't care to here Bama bias this week if that's cool.

Fair enough, brother... I'll limit my posts some...

There's no chance I'll get any reasonable bets, though... esp when yakkin is so inexpensive:(