PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun's thoughts on the Alabama game

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2014, 02:59 AM
Sorry for the length, but there are some things I needed to get off my chest

Gentlemen,

It has long been said that in order to win a war the victor must invade his enemy's land and defeat him on his own turf because until the destruction of the opposition's homeland occurs, the war simply isn't over. Without destruction, there is no victory. So here we are. We have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, and now we are approaching the gates of our enemy where we intend to make our presence known by engaging with them in a final, winner take all battle.

While we all wanted and wished that LSU would have defeated Bama and offered us a back door to the SEC West Championship, deep down we all knew it wouldn't be that easy. Why?, because nothing comes easy for MSU fans. We have felt heartache, frustration, and despair for over 100 years, but that has chiseled us into who we are. We are the most blue collar, most mentally tough, mature, and most outstanding college football team and fan base in the United States of America. This team was built for this moment. From the moment that coach Mullen took over the program, he has been building towards this moment. It's the moment that all the competitive tactics and character that he has instilled in this program becomes his greatest weapon. We are ready!

We have been here before, and we have seen our dreams fall to wayside on the floor of the enemy's great arena. However, we have never been as prepared as we are now. We are the best coached unit in America, we have excellent players at every position, we are battle tested, we have experience, we are healthy, and we have the greatest, most poised field General in college football today. Just as this team used the first three games of the season to prepare for the daunting three game stretch that began with LSU, this team has also used the last three games to prepare and build up towards this great battle. We are ready!

There's really only one way to approach this game, and that is for our players to accept nothing less than domination. This game isn't about slipping by, or getting lucky. This game is about domination! It's about making their ass quit and the destruction of their program! It's about stepping off that bus and whipping their ass, taking their girlfriends, and punching in the mouth everyone in crimson that you see. I don't care if it is a 70 year volunteer wearing a crimson sport coat, we need to punch his ass in the mouth the moment we see him. It's about looking up into Bryant-Denny Stadium, with 6:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and seeing nothing by empty seats and mullets heading towards the exits. It's about totally and completely dominating the environment in which this game is being played. We are ready!

From Aberdeen to Adamsville, from Batesville to Belle Chase, from Benton to Bessemer, from Birmingham to Bogue Chitto, from Bolton to Boynton Beach, from Brandon to Byhalia, from Caledonia to Charleston, from Clarksdale to Clinton, from Collierville to Columbus, from D?Iberville to Dadeville, from Darbun to Decatur, from Elkton to Fairhope, from Florence to Flowood, from Franklinton to Fulton, from Gadsden to Geismar, from Greenville to Hampton, from Harvey to Hattiesburg, from Haugton to Heidelburg, from Hollandale to Houston, from Indianola to Jackson, from Kenner to Little Rock, from Long Beach to Macomb, from Madison to Marietta, from McCalla to McComb, from Memphis to Meridian, from Metairie to Mobile, from Monticello to Montreal, from Morton to New Augusta, from New Orleans to Ocean Springs, from Olive Branch to Pelham, from Petal to Pleasant Grove, from Powder Springs to Puckett, from Richmond Hill to Richton, from Sheffield to Starkville, from Stone Mountain to Summit, from Tampa to Tunica, from Tupelo and Tuscaloosa, from Tyler to Tylertown, from Vicksburg to West Monroe, from West Point to Wetumpka and on to Yazoo City, this game is for you. All of these towns will have a local hero wearing maroon and white and representing them in this game. This is about small towns and under-appreciated schools, players, and kids that aspire to do something more than be mediocre in life and know their place in the pecking order. This is about being the one mosquito that makes the king cry at night. This is about giving hope and pride to every little kid across Mississippi and, most of all, this is about finishing what we started.

We are going to play sleek, fast, and under control. We are going strategically destroy the opposition, by playing quick, and with the instincts that have been ingrained by our coaching staff. We are going to execute at the highest of levels, and most of all, MSU is going to Tuscaloosa to fight! We are ready!

In the words of Winston Churchill:

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

It does not matter where this game is being played. We are going to be so ready to play in this game that our team would be willing to play in Bear Bryant's graveyard with his tombstone being the 50 yard line and it would not matter. This game is about is MSU and the state of Mississippi. It's not about Alabama. Buckle your chin straps, put on your work boots, and step into your big boy pants because it's about to go down.

BrunswickDawg
11-09-2014, 07:52 AM
^ x1000000000000000000000000

cbrunt29
11-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Bravo, shotgun. Bravo
HAIL DAMN STATE

Dawgheadcheese
11-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Beautiful.

Offshore Dawg
11-09-2014, 08:31 AM
""" From The Halls Of Montezuma To the Shores of Tripoli """"

The Marine Battle hymn ran through my mind while I was reading Shotgun's post

RIdog
11-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Post of the year !

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Hell yes!! That's so good Sly Croom would cheer for Stare if he read it.

huffy
11-09-2014, 10:18 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GfULQFi7Qn4/UFc9uPXRznI/AAAAAAAAAGE/xU-be4X_umM/s1600/bravo.gif

shoeless joe
11-09-2014, 10:26 AM
In the off chance that we don't pull this off can we make sure shotgun is under surveillance?

BulldogBacker
11-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Sorry for the length, but there are some things I needed to get off my chest

Gentlemen,

It has long been said that in order to win a war the victor must invade his enemy's land and defeat him on his own turf because until the destruction of the opposition's homeland occurs, the war simply isn't over. Without destruction, there is no victory. So here we are. We have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, and now we are approaching the gates of our enemy where we intend to make our presence known by engaging with them in a final, winner take all battle.

While we all wanted and wished that LSU would have defeated Bama and offered us a back door to the SEC West Championship, deep down we all knew it wouldn't be that easy. Why?, because nothing comes easy for MSU fans. We have felt heartache, frustration, and despair for over 100 years, but that has chiseled us into who we are. We are the most blue collar, most mentally tough, mature, and most outstanding college football team and fan base in the United States of America. This team was built for this moment. From the moment that coach Mullen took over the program, he has been building towards this moment. It's the moment that all the competitive tactics and character that he has instilled in this program becomes his greatest weapon. We are ready!

We have been here before, and we have seen our dreams fall to wayside on the floor of the enemy's great arena. However, we have never been as prepared as we are now. We are the best coached unit in America, we have excellent players at every position, we are battle tested, we have experience, we are healthy, and we have the greatest, most poised field General in college football today. Just as this team used the first three games of the season to prepare for the daunting three game stretch that began with LSU, this team has also used the last three games to prepare and build up towards this great battle. We are ready!

There's really only one way to approach this game, and that is for our players to accept nothing less than domination. This game isn't about slipping by, or getting lucky. This game is about domination! It's about making their ass quit and the destruction of their program! It's about stepping off that bus and whipping their ass, taking their girlfriends, and punching in the mouth everyone in crimson that you see. I don't care if it is a 70 year volunteer wearing a crimson sport coat, we need to punch his ass in the mouth the moment we see him. It's about looking up into Bryant-Denny Stadium, with 6:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and seeing nothing by empty seats and mullets heading towards the exits. It's about totally and completely dominating the environment in which this game is being played. We are ready!

From Aberdeen to Adamsville, from Batesville to Belle Chase, from Benton to Bessemer, from Birmingham to Bogue Chitto, from Bolton to Boynton Beach, from Brandon to Byhalia, from Caledonia to Charleston, from Clarksdale to Clinton, from Collierville to Columbus, from D?Iberville to Dadeville, from Darbun to Decatur, from Elkton to Fairhope, from Florence to Flowood, from Franklinton to Fulton, from Gadsden to Geismar, from Greenville to Hampton, from Harvey to Hattiesburg, from Haugton to Heidelburg, from Hollandale to Houston, from Indianola to Jackson, from Kenner to Little Rock, from Long Beach to Macomb, from Madison to Marietta, from McCalla to McComb, from Memphis to Meridian, from Metairie to Mobile, from Monticello to Montreal, from Morton to New Augusta, from New Orleans to Ocean Springs, from Olive Branch to Pelham, from Petal to Pleasant Grove, from Powder Springs to Puckett, from Richmond Hill to Richton, from Sheffield to Starkville, from Stone Mountain to Summit, from Tampa to Tunica, from Tupelo and Tuscaloosa, from Tyler to Tylertown, from Vicksburg to West Monroe, from West Point to Wetumpka and on to Yazoo City, this game is for you. All of these towns will have a local hero wearing maroon and white and representing them in this game. This is about small towns and under-appreciated schools, players, and kids that aspire to do something more than be mediocre in life and know their place in the pecking order. This is about being the one mosquito that makes the king cry at night. This is about giving hope and pride to every little kid across Mississippi and, most of all, this is about finishing what we started.

We are going to play sleek, fast, and under control. We are going strategically destroy the opposition, by playing quick, and with the instincts that have been ingrained by our coaching staff. We are going to execute at the highest of levels, and most of all, MSU is going to Tuscaloosa to fight! We are ready!

In the words of Winston Churchill:

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

It does not matter where this game is being played. We are going to be so ready to play in this game that our team would be willing to play in Bear Bryant's graveyard with his tombstone being the 50 yard line and it would not matter. This game is about is MSU and the state of Mississippi. It's not about Alabama. Buckle your chin straps, put on your work boots, and step into your big boy pants because it's about to go down.

I wish I had written that! It expresses so much of both our history past and our history present!

Coach34
11-09-2014, 10:54 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

BeardoMSU
11-09-2014, 11:19 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gBOoWjU3wDI/UFdS9Y-9_wI/AAAAAAAADCQ/q-psML1GNqU/s1600/slow-clap-gif.gif

Jacksondevildog
11-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Absolutely the best post I've ever read on a message board or any published literature ever. I went outside and did Olympic squats with my Jeep on my shoulders after reading that. I didn't even stretch. I am posting this while squatting.

hdc
11-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Outstanding!

Drugdog
11-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Damn. Someone get this to the team. Best post I have ever read.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 12:34 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cp6pUHU3qKs/TfGfLihSeEI/AAAAAAAAAZo/I1LNMfPw-2E/s1600/braveheart_xxl_01-2.jpg

TaleofTwoDogs
11-09-2014, 01:03 PM
"You listen. And you take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together, right now, on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed -- just like they were. I don't care if you like each other or not. But you will respect each other. And maybe -- I don't know -- maybe we'll learn to play this game like men."

---Remember the Titans

We will meet at a place called Tuscaloosa, we must believe in each other, attack with a vengeance and leave no one standing, we do this for ourselves, our coaches, our families, our fans and all those who have gone before us. We will emerge victorious.

---Tale of Two Dogs

Mutt the Hoople
11-09-2014, 03:12 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2au5x_lee-greenwood-god-bless-the-usa-198_music

GTHOM
11-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Man....that is up there with braveheart. Im gonna walk around listening to stranglehold all week after that one. Lets do this

IMissJack
11-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Greatest motivational speech of all time... Patton

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5g1avyCSA

FlabLoser
11-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Elitedawgs HOF material.

Percho
11-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Please put on Facebook.

What about permission to post elsewhere?

drunkernhelldawg
11-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Beautiful. I see we've got some poets around here.

FlabLoser
11-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Please put on Facebook.

What about permission to post elsewhere?

Fire away.

Jsndawg
11-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Fire away.

bump

Barking 13
11-10-2014, 01:41 PM
someone have a napkin?