PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about the joke that is unsportsmanlike conduct?

smootness
11-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Go watch that unsportsmanlike conduct against LSU right after the fumble again. There is shoving all over the place there, including one just as big by a Bama guy just before it, but that one gets called? Not to mention that it was shoving a guy who was pulling on his leg/knee while his other was planted and immobile.

So shoving a guy in the chest is more unsportsmanlike than intentionally pulling on a guy's knee for the sole purpose of either annoying him or injuring him? K.

It just gives the refs an easy way to screw things up, and it is never called evenly. And don't get me started on Ole Miss' constant, blatant taunting that is not just allowed, but now considered a tradition.

If both teams can't so it, none should be able to. Otherwise we need to call ourselves the 'assassin' defense so we can start breaking necks after sacks or routine tackles.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2014, 12:50 AM
I agree, it was BS. That being said, you can't be a dumbass and even give the opportunity for them to call that. As much of a horseshit move it was for the refs to butt in....I'm more pissed at the LSU player for not having an ounce of self control.

FlabLoser
11-09-2014, 12:53 AM
That call was bullshit.

The touchback call was just as bad. A ref in spitting distance, standing over the goal line with a direct look at the football didn't make a touchback call. But a ref 25 yards away with players shielding him from the football calls touchback. Should have been downed at the 1.

LSU QB has his facemask ripped off and no facemask call.

LSU was shafted all night on their home field.

smootness
11-09-2014, 12:53 AM
I agree, it was BS. That being said, you can't be a dumbass and even give the opportunity for them to call that. As much of a horseshit move it was for the refs to butt in....I'm more pissed at the LSU player for not having an ounce of self control.

The Bama players didn't have self control. I just hate that we have a rule that not only gives the refs an easy way to arbitrarily screw everything up, it also punishes college kids for showing the smallest bit of emotion in huge moments. Ok, we get it, you scored a massive 80-yard TD to put you up in the biggest game of your life, awesome. Wait, did you jump around for EIGHT seconds? Nope, can't do it, you celebrated too hard.

drunkernhelldawg
11-09-2014, 01:10 AM

On one hand, the call really hurt the integrity of the game. On the other hand, pushing a guy in the chest with both hands after the whistle is often an automatic call

IMissJack
11-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Should have been offsetting fouls at least.