PDA

View Full Version : A quote from Palmer during the game about our recruiting.

AlSwearengen
11-08-2014, 11:03 PM
During the game, Palmer was talking about various things that got us to where we are right now. He mentioned that our recruiting would improve some but we would would still not be able to sign as many 5* players as bama, auburn, lsu, and olemiss.

Let's all take off our maroon colored glasses and approach this objectively. Why would he include olemiss in that list? Did the class they signed with tunsil, treadwell, etc., give them that much street cred? We are basically the same size, have similar facilities (hell, we might have better), we've made it to atlanta, final four, multiple college world series, etc., etc. They haven't.

I understand lsu, bama, and auburn. But why did he throw olemiss in there?

smootness
11-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Because they signed 4 of them in one class, and it's still on everyone's mind.

They proved last year and are proving again this year that, no, they won't do that consistently. Don't worry about it.

Todd4State
11-08-2014, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if our recruits get higher ratings in the future now that Dan has some recruiting credibility.

DLGDawg
11-09-2014, 12:12 AM
I heard that and was like.....do huh?
I said this in another thread but without announcers saying that crap, recruits would not even be thinking about it. All recruits see is THE number 1 team in the nation.

IMissJack
11-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Just one of the ESPN talking points that the announcers use rather than doing any research.