PDA

View Full Version : Will Redmond better put on his big boy pants next week

codeDawg
11-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Bama takes a lot of shots, especially at Cooper. Redmond needs to be in his hip pocket all night.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Yup

msstate7
11-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Our dline has to help Redmond out

CadaverDawg
11-08-2014, 10:03 PM
If I'm Deshea, I tell our corners that in one on one situations deep down the field, if you're possibly beat, tackle them. Take the 15 yard penalty. We cannot give up big Homeruns to them. Make them earn every score. It will frustrate the hell out of them too. If in doubt, tackle the receiver and take the penalty. (Unless it's in the endzone of course)

Football version of the hack a Shaq. Just mug Cooper every time he's about to catch a big pass. Frustrate the hell out of him.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 10:06 PM
If I'm Deshea, I tell our corners that in one on one situations deep down the field, if you're possibly beat, tackle them. Take the 15 yard penalty. We cannot give up big Homeruns to them. Make them earn every score. It will frustrate the hell out of them too. If in doubt, tackle the receiver and take the penalty. (Unless it's in the endzone of course)

I agree. We have the best redzone defense in the United State. Let's make sure Bama doesn't score a TD without us being able to use it.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2014, 10:08 PM
I agree. We have the best redzone defense in the United State. Let's make sure Bama doesn't score a TD without us being able to use it.

Exactly. Play to your strengths.

We have to mix in some blitzes, so just tell the corners if we blitz and the ball is thrown your way in one on one, just mug the guy and tip your cap for the next play. We may not get the sack, but don't let them turn our blitzes into Homeruns. We either get to the QB and destroy the play, or they gain 15 yards max on a PI call.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Another key is confusing Sims with our coverages. Sims makes pre-reads of where he is going with the ball. If we make him read the field, we will have success

Coach 57
11-08-2014, 10:29 PM
You must've forgotten that Taveze had the game of his life last year? And this was Vs a WHOLE lot better passer & leader.