PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky game

msstate7
11-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Is looking worse and worse. Lsu dominated them, mizzou dominated them, and Georgia is coming out really strong against them. The only game kentucky has been in the last month was with us.

Any concerns with our poor play lately?

trob115
11-08-2014, 12:17 PM
It's called being number 1 and being the "hunted". Get used to it.

TUSK
11-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't sweat it... teams have "lulls"...

now, if yall have "peaked", that could be an issue...

it's probably somewhere in between.

GreenheadDawg
11-08-2014, 12:20 PM
I'll be honest.. The last 2 weeks have got me really concerned about upcoming weeks. We have not looked good

Coach34
11-08-2014, 12:28 PM
not concerned in the least

MarketingBully01
11-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Is looking worse and worse. Lsu dominated them, mizzou dominated them, and Georgia is coming out really strong against them. The only game kentucky has been in the last month was with us.

Any concerns with our poor play lately?

We played like shit sure but Kentucky's offensive game plan the last two weeks has been pure shit as well. I have not seen a single Towles designed QB draw these past two weeks nor have I seen any long balls thrown by Towles. It's almost like they had a great offensive gameplan against us but have said we give up the last two weeks. Kentucky's gameplans have had a lot to do with them sucking so bad.

TrapGame
11-08-2014, 12:37 PM
We broke A&M so maybe we broke Kentucky. They just put too much into our game.

GreenheadDawg
11-08-2014, 12:40 PM
We played like shit sure but Kentucky's offensive game plan the last two weeks has been pure shit as well. I have not seen a single Towles designed QB draw these past two weeks nor have I seen any long balls thrown by Towles. It's almost like they had a great offensive gameplan against us but have said we give up the last two weeks. Kentucky's gameplans have had a lot to do with them sucking so bad.

You really believe that? So they just had an outstanding game plan for us but shit gameplan for Mizzou and Georgia? We have played like shit the last 2 weeks. Period. I'm concerned but I'm not worried. I think they were "down" games but don't try to make excuses. I agree that they had a good gameplan, I remember mentioning it several times during the game but we didnt execute

MarketingBully01
11-08-2014, 12:44 PM
You really believe that? So they just had an outstanding game plan for us but shit gameplan for Mizzou and Georgia? We have played like shit the last 2 weeks. Period. I'm concerned but I'm not worried. I think they were "down" games but don't try to make excuses. I agree that they had a good gameplan, I remember mentioning it several times during the game but we didnt execute

Yes, I believe it. Their gameplans have been shit the past two weeks. No designed Towles runs? No deep down the field throws? He only had six pass attempts against Missouri at halftime. That's a shitty gameplan IMO.

Intramural All-American
11-08-2014, 12:47 PM
It's amazing how people can become negative after two poor games that we still won. We are still the same team that dominated LSU and Auburn, so why would you focus on poor performances?

And if you haven't figured out in the many, many years of college football, the transitive property never works.

Coach34
11-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Teams dont start a Point A every single week and go from there...just doesnt work that way

Kentucky took a physical ass beating from LSU- then they followed it up by playing us and seeing that they could only score against our back-ups. Their players see on film who they are scoring against and see that our main guys werent in the game. That obviously took it's toll on their excitement. They are figuring out their place again.

As far as us- think about things with you as a fan. Just like you didnt have the same excitement about playing Kentucky as you did Auburn- our football team was the same way. I can assure you our team will be in a different mindset come Sunday than they were this past Sunday. They know who the opponents are and how good they are.

We'll be ready

Bully13
11-08-2014, 12:49 PM
let's face it. all championship teams have bad games throughout the course of the year. as the season matures, coaches get more and more acclimated to their next opponent's tendancies and prepare accordingly. suprises get more and more difficult to spring on your opponent as the year moves forward.

we just have to adjust to what other teams are going to adjust to for our upcoming games and the remainder of the season. we've got great players and great coaches. let's see if we can pull it out and improve. we have the tools to do it. nothing is guaranteed though.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2014, 12:54 PM
If Kentucky hadn't given up a kickoff return for TD, they would be driving to tie this game up right now.

BrunswickDawg
11-08-2014, 12:55 PM
And don't look now, but thanks to a pooch kick after a TD Kentucky is about to get back in this game

smootness
11-08-2014, 12:57 PM
not concerned in the least

This. They got up one last time for our game and still weren't ever on the verge of winning it. I think that finally crushed them and they're not the same team anymore. The atmosphere for our game was crazy, too. This is a noon game and the fans are out of it.

Does the Arkansas game make us worry, too, after what UGA did to them? If so, it should worry Bama as well.

We got up for our big games and have played the rest differently. We'll get up again. We haven't peaked.

Statefan
11-08-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't even see how you compare them

Kentucky -- offense did great and defense was poor
Arkansas -- offense was poor and defense was amazing

We off games on one side of the ball with tons of contributing factors
Not really worried about us bringing our A game next week

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Can we restart this pre-mature thread?

msstate7
11-08-2014, 01:12 PM
While I'm not necessarily worried about how we've played the last 2 weeks, I am a little concerned. The kentucky game I can forgive a little after coming off a bye and not being a huge game. The Arkansas game concerns me some bc we were at home as the #1 team coming off a lackluster performance. Now we have a 3rd straight game in which we're not fully engaged. I hope its simple as turning on a switch after not playing at a high level in a month

msstate7
11-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Can we restart this pre-mature thread?

Yeah, great game

smootness
11-08-2014, 01:15 PM
While I'm not necessarily worried about how we've played the last 2 weeks, I am a little concerned. The kentucky game I can forgive a little after coming off a bye and not being a huge game. The Arkansas game concerns me some bc we were at home as the #1 team coming off a lackluster performance. Now we have a 3rd straight game in which we're not fully engaged. I hope its simple as turning on a switch after not playing at a high level in a month

We started the year with 3 straight games in which we weren't fully engaged, then we flipped the switch pretty quickly on the road.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah, great game

Yes, it is

msstate7
11-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Yeah, great game

Ha. Getting better

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Kentucky is doing more on offense against UGA than they did against us

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
The only real difference between our game against Kentucky and Georgia's is that Georgia is sticking with the running game. Mullen tried to throw too much. That's the only difference.

TrapGame
11-08-2014, 01:44 PM
This is going to be a good second half. UK woke up.

I seen it dawg
11-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Nobody should give a shit about the teams we have already played. Bad wins good losses and all that shit don't matter if you keep a goose egg in the loss column.

msstate7
11-08-2014, 01:45 PM
This is going to be a good second half. UK woke up.

Assuming they can find a way to keep their defense off the field

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Any chance Aeris Williams is as good as Nick Chubb? That boy is good. Hits the hole incredibly hard

msstate7
11-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Any chance Aeris Williams is as good as Nick Chubb? That boy is good. Hits the hole incredibly hard

If he is, I'll be thrilled. Somehow I doubt it.

defiantdog
11-08-2014, 02:19 PM

He might be as physical as Chubb, but he doesn't have his speed. Kentavious Thomas might be the closest thing we got to compare to Chubb.

msstate7
11-08-2014, 02:38 PM

The more I see Chubb, I say zero chance. Chubb is special. If aeris was that good, he wouldn't be RSing.

Not saying aeris won't be good though. I hope I'm wrong