PDA

View Full Version : Dak "inactive" this weekend?

Coach 57
11-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Got to work today and was told by a co-worker they heard on Head-to-Head that he was inactive? Is this true?

Homedawg
11-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Inactive as didn't practice or not playing? I'm told he's playing.

VandelayIndustries
11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't hate it at all if he sat this game, needs to get healthy for Bama

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Last I heard from Mullen was that Dak was playing and there had been no discussions otherwise. However, he did then add that later in the week they would start looking at things and getting a gameplan together.

Coach 57
11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Vandelay, I'm with you on that one. It's what I said as well. It (to me) comes down to what's more important stats for a Heisman candidacy or being healthy in the biggest game of the year? Because championships TRUMP an individual accolade (see RG3).

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Last night on "Dawgstalk" a caller called in and asked Dan, "Dan, do you plan on sitting Dak this weekend?"

Dan replied, "Uh, No. Tennessee Martin is a good team and we have to win."

Irondawg
11-07-2014, 09:04 AM
I still wouldn't play him a down b/c nothing good can come of it. I'd treat it like the last NFL exhibition game - let's get the young guys a ton of work. If for some unforseen reason we are not where we want to be at halftime, let him come play some in the 3rd quarter.

Very simply - we probably don't beat Bama if he's not full strength or close to it. No reason to risk anything at this point.

Rick Danko
11-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Dak prescott's road to the heisman does not run through Davis Wade against UT Martin. He can sit out and I guarantee you if he has a great game and leads us to a win in Tuscaloosa, the award is his.

RossDawg82
11-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Dak prescott's road to the heisman does not run through Davis Wade against UT Martin. He can sit out and I guarantee you if he has a great game and leads us to a win in Tuscaloosa, the award is his.

That is exactly what happened to Manziel.

Covercorner2
11-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Yea, you can sit out a game against an FCS team and still win the Heisman. Hell, Gurley was still in the "conversation" after missing multiple games. But, at the end of the day, I don't care if he comes in 2nd as long as we win out....

MarketingBully01
11-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Got to work today and was told by a co-worker they heard on Head-to-Head that he was inactive? Is this true?

He has been practicing all week, hasn't had a limp on campus and hasn't even been wearing a boot. He is fine. He will play the first half and sit the second. I think everyone is blowing this thing out of proportion. Is he a little banged up? Sure however everyone is banged up at this point in the season.

I seen it dawg
11-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Business as usual.

DancingRabbit
11-07-2014, 10:09 AM
I think he'll play, but I don't think it has anything to do with Heisman.

I don't think he's hurt bad enough that they're concerned about re-injuring his ankle; they want him to get his reads, progressions and timing polished up and keep the rust knocked off. I'd guess he'll play about a half, plus or minus a series or two.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm not so sure we could beat UT Martin without him. I'm kidding...kind of. I haven't been impressed at all with the limited snaps Williams has had this year.

Alldawg
11-07-2014, 10:17 AM
I still like the chances of winning a 3-2 type game without him***

PMDawg
11-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm not so sure we could beat UT Martin without him. I'm kidding...kind of. I haven't been impressed at all with the limited snaps Williams has had this year.

I agree about williams (not that we could lose to UTM), but I dont think thats fair of us bc he has really only played with the 2s so far. Im sure he would be better with the 1s.

Lloyd Christmas
11-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Williams could run a triple option offense very well. Beyond that.....

Maroonthirteen
11-07-2014, 10:46 AM
I expect Dak to start and throw every down until we get a big lead. Some people will call it padding his heisman stats. The reality is Mullen believes you can't get enough reps in the pocket. Coach will try to get Dak plenty of pocket reps to fine tune the passing game for Bama.

HSVDawg
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Dak's stats mean next to nothing in terms of his Heisman candidacy, because no way in hell he catches Mariota in that department. His chances of winning are based solely on whether he can lead us to a West title and/or a playoff birth. Starting or sitting vs. UT Martin will have no impact. Its all about beating Bama.

maroonmania
11-07-2014, 11:14 AM

Well, I can say with pretty good confidence that we wouldn't have beaten UAB without Dak. Don't really know how UAB and UT Martin would compare. I assume UAB is better but I don't know by how much.

smootness
11-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Well, I can say with pretty good confidence that we wouldn't have beaten UAB without Dak. Don't really know how UAB and UT Martin would compare. I assume UAB is better but I don't know by how much.

We would have played UAB completely differently without Dak, with an entirely new strategy. We would have won that one no matter what. It's games like Kentucky and Arkansas that would have been dicey. And obviously we wouldn't have beaten Auburn or LSU.

Although I think we could at least put up some points with Williams, with an offense that would look far more like the Relf Coast.

Jack Lambert
11-07-2014, 05:09 PM
I am all about Dak winning the Heisman but I'm not about him winning it by not giving Miss State every chance possible to win the WEST or NC. Heisman be damn, play to win.

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2014, 05:25 PM
I am all about Dak winning the Heisman but I'm not about him winning it by not giving Miss State every chance possible to win the WEST or NC. Heisman be damn, play to win.
And I bet Dak would say the same thing.