PDA

View Full Version : Just had to take a moment to pause and reflect on this season so far

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2014, 08:45 AM
I found a picture Dak posted to Instagram back during the summer of him standing down on the field in the Georgia Dome. He captioned it, "A visit to the Georgia Dome for a little motoivation. #thegoal" He knew then what was getting ready to happen this season. He knew what we only hoped in our wildest dreams would happen. Now, here we sit on the absolute brink of it all coming true. Basically, one key win next Saturday is all that separates us from heading back to the SECCG. I'll be honest, I never thought I would see us this close to achieving these kinds of goals. This level of elite was always for other teams. Not us. We were always the team that considered a wildly successful season getting to play in a NYD bowl. That being said, we haven't done it yet. Nobody is popping the cork on the champagne bottle yet. But I think it is coming. I hope it is coming. Whether it is by us beating Alabama or us getting in one of the many other ways that allow us to win the west I think it is happening. This is the year all the stars have lined up. We've now played 75% of a season that feels like it just started a couple weeks ago. Now it is November and almost over and we still have so much left to play for. So much left to do and accomplish. And for the first time we have the leadership at all levels of the football team to make it happen. We've played a little flat the last couple of weeks and some have started to doubt us, but like Mullen said in the locker room before the LSU game...They have no idea what is getting ready to take that field.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Good thoughts Starkvegas....

I think we get it done.

This team is an anomaly to MSU history, not because of how good they are, but because of how confident they are and how well they handle pressure. This team's psychology and chemistry is an antonym to the MSU fan base and the media because neither has never seen an MSU football team like this.

The main thing and most exciting thing about this team is there has yet to be any luck. Unlike Auburn last year, that needed miracles to win three games, this team has needed nothing. There is no fluke, no prayers, no running out of luck, nothing. There is nothing but a damn good football team that believes they will beat everyone they play and doesn't get rattled under pressure.

I get the feeling that while the rest of the country will be picking Bama to win next week, the team inside the Seal Building will be laughing at the predictions and in total belief that they will walk into Bryant Denny and blow Bama off the field.

MabenMaroon
11-07-2014, 09:04 AM
I really like how things are setting up, particularly in regards to respect for the MSU team. Even though the polls have us at #1, the sports writers, pundits and analysts still think that we are not a factor. The same scenario of attitudes towards the program existed before the LSU game, then the TAMU game, then the Auburn game, then a lot of folks starting saying we were prime for an upset. Well, here we are right back at square one in the respect and belief departments and I am sure that the members on the team are not lost on those feelings. We can only hope that all of this has grown that "chip on their shoulder" to an even larger size and the best has yet to come.

HAIL STATE! GO DAWGS!

chainedup_Dawg
11-07-2014, 09:48 AM
We still have not accomplished anything in the eyes of this team and to me, that is what is most important. They have a "head down, get to work" mentality that I have not seen in a State team in years past. This mentality can be seen in most, if not all of the championship teams. Especially the championship teams that know they can get there.

I'm not gonna lie, this Bama game terrifies me (so have the other big games this year). If it were at home, I'd feel a lot better about things. However, we are one game away from changing the opinions of everyone in college football. I guarantee you this, win in Tuscaloosa and everyone will shut up and take notice.

DancingRabbit
11-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Good thoughts Starkvegas....

I think we get it done.

This team is an anomaly to MSU history, not because of how good they are, but because of how confident they are and how well they handle pressure. This team's psychology and chemistry is an antonym to the MSU fan base and the media because neither has never seen an MSU football team like this.

The main thing and most exciting thing about this team is there has yet to be any luck. Unlike Auburn last year, that needed miracles to win three games, this team has needed nothing. There is no fluke, no prayers, no running out of luck, nothing. There is nothing but a damn good football team that believes they will beat everyone they play and doesn't get rattled under pressure.

I get the feeling that while the rest of the country will be picking Bama to win next week, the team inside the Seal Building will be laughing at the predictions and in total belief that they will walk into Bryant Denny and blow Bama off the field.

They stay poised and confident no matter what happens. During the KY game Danielson remarked how everyone on the sideline were smiling and relaxed even though KY was making some big plays and keeping it close.

It starts at the top; Dan and Dak never look flustered. Only time you see Dan agitated is when the refs screw up.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2014, 10:28 AM
They stay poised and confident no matter what happens. During the KY game Danielson remarked how everyone on the sideline were smiling and relaxed even though KY was making some big plays and keeping it close.

It starts at the top; Dan and Dak never look flustered. Only time you see Dan agitated is when the refs screw up.

It's interesting that you bring this up. I was watching Clemson last night, and was curious why Clemson seems to be so up and down as a team. Some weeks they look like a top 10 team and others they look like crap. Then I saw Dabo on the sidelines jumping up and down and going crazy, and it dawned on me that because their coach is so emotional, the team plays the same way. Emotion can't be sustained for long periods of time, and, if your head coach is extremely emotional, the team will be a roller coaster.

I know everyone here wants Dan to have fire on the sidelines, but there is a fine line between having fire and your team being an emotional roller coaster due to it.