PDA

View Full Version : Let's say Treadwell doesn't fumble..

Beaver
11-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Look, I hate that Treadwell had to end his season that way. It sucks, and wouldn't wish that upon anybody.

However, it kind of bothers me that Ole Miss fans and others say they were "12 inches away" from having a chance to win the SEC West. If Treadwell scores, it's 38-35 Ole Miss. Auburn gets the ball back with 1:30 somewhere around the 25 with all 3 timeouts. I know Ole Miss has the best defense in the nation*** but I think it's a stretch to assume Auburn doesn't at least get in field goal range. 1:30 with 3 timeouts is an eternity with Marshall and Malzahn.

I'd hope that if the roles were reversed, State fans wouldn't say the same things Ole Miss fans are. Remember last year? Auburn had a 12 play, 88 yard TD drive to win the game that took 1:46...and they didn't use a single timeout.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2014, 11:16 PM
They lost. It doesn't matter what they are saying about it.

godlluB
11-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Don't let facts get in the way of a good pity party.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 11:18 PM
you know what, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle

This is all that matters

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/993/FHIj1o.gif

Goat Holder
11-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Ole Miss wasn't meant to win. It's simply karma. It literally cannot get as close as it did for that not to be meant to be. I really do believe that the big man upstairs cuts people down to size.

Todd4State
11-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Remember last year you say? You mean the year when Auburn beat Georgia on a tipped Hail Mary and then beat Alabama on a missed field goal return? Yeah- no way they score on Ole Miss with 1:30and all three timeouts left.

But you're right. The difference is most State fans would be pissed off at the defense for allowing 35 points. Ole Miss fans blame the officials and then exploit a players injury to the highest degree.

Homedawg
11-06-2014, 11:23 PM
If Lsu hadn't gagged twice deep in ole miss territory they wouldn't be talking about bo assing up and throwing an int. yet they were one play away. Of course when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't count or it's strictly bad luck.

Todd4State
11-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Ole Miss wasn't meant to win. It's simply karma. It literally cannot get as close as it did for that not to be meant to be. I really do believe that the big man upstairs cuts people down to size.

I guess karma = having played three SEC teams that are physical and can run the ball effectively. And they are lucky to be 1-2 against those three teams since all Alabama had to do was not fumble the kickoff to win.

Bo Darville
11-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Ole Miss had 6 penalties for 48 yards and Auburn had 13 penalties for 145 yards. But the bears say that the refs were on Auburn's side.

Beaver
11-06-2014, 11:40 PM
They lost. It doesn't matter what they are saying about it.

You're right, just funny that people believe this... "12 inches and a broken leg away from 20 days of rest and our last SEC matchup before we got a shot at being No. 1. Nobody would write that book because no one would want to read it"

SDDawg
11-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Win the SEC West?! How about not losing 2 conference games in a row??? They need to make sure they beat the Blue Sox (or whoever they're playing) this weekend.

mstatefan91
11-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Am I the only one that feels like the OP is suspicious? I'm not condemning him but that post just reads weird to me.

Anyway, that fail GIF by Shotgun looks like the living room of someone I know. lol

I seen it dawg
11-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Look, I hate that Treadwell had to end his season that way. It sucks, and wouldn't wish that upon anybody.

However, it kind of bothers me that Ole Miss fans and others say they were "12 inches away" from having a chance to win the SEC West. If Treadwell scores, it's 38-35 Ole Miss. Auburn gets the ball back with 1:30 somewhere around the 25 with all 3 timeouts. I know Ole Miss has the best defense in the nation*** but I think it's a stretch to assume Auburn doesn't at least get in field goal range. 1:30 with 3 timeouts is an eternity with Marshall and Malzahn.

I'd hope that if the roles were reversed, State fans wouldn't say the same things Ole Miss fans are. Remember last year? Auburn had a 12 play, 88 yard TD drive to win the game that took 1:46...and they didn't use a single timeout.

Why don't we just talk about the Civil War. #beenburiedawhileback

Beaver
11-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Am I the only one that feels like the OP is suspicious? I'm not condemning him but that post just reads weird to me.

Please elaborate...

RAYn_Man
11-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm pretty sure we would be saying the same thing.

PMDawg
11-07-2014, 01:12 PM
You're right, just funny that people believe this... "12 inches and a broken leg away from 20 days of rest and our last SEC matchup before we got a shot at being No. 1. Nobody would write that book because no one would want to read it"

The producer has changed the documentary title to "12" inches and a broken leg from Pasedena"

DawgHouseUnited
11-07-2014, 02:35 PM

However, it kind of bothers me that Ole Miss fans and others say they were "12 inches away" from having a chance to win the SEC West. If Treadwell scores, it's 38-35 Ole Miss.

That shouldn't surprise you. Aren't they the fans that tried to say that since we had a couple of "near-interceptions" in the EB last year, that proved that Dak wasn't that great a qb? We're talking about a fan base that quickly retreats to fantasy-land "what if's" and "moral victories" and "crootin championships" when things on the field turn sour.

TheRef
11-07-2014, 02:36 PM
That shouldn't surprise you. Aren't they the fans that tried to say that since we had a couple of "near-interceptions" in the EB last year, that proved that Dak wasn't that great a qb? We're talking about a fan base that quickly retreats to fantasy-land "what if's" and "moral victories" and "crootin championships" when things on the field turn sour.

I present to you "Five Outs from Omaha"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogQvTn_Axk