11-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Benchwarmers

msstate7
11-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Benchwarmers

Pretty sure RSing

Homedawg
11-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Coleman had to redshirt because he was ineligible due to a gpa rule coming out of juco. Johnson was behind after missing spring and redshirted bc of that. It worked out fine.

Coach34
11-06-2014, 06:06 PM
yep- redshirting these guys will pay big dividends next year. We considered pulling Johnson's RS when Robinson got hurt- but Warren stepping up has been big this year. Hev was worried about Warren coming out of Spring- but he came to play in August

Ifyouonlyknew
11-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Johnson has been getting a lot of 2nd team reps at RT lately. Next Senior will flip to LT & Joq will be in the mix to start at RT. Coleman will be in the 2 deep at DE. Brown & Jefferson will start & Coleman & Calvin will back them up.

mic
11-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Benchwarmers

It's sh*t like this that gets u banned....

Goat Holder
11-06-2014, 06:24 PM
It's sh*t like this that gets u banned....

Sounds like your own personal problem.

Coach34
11-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Hev loves our 2 freshmen that are RS'ing...and also that juco we crootin. I dont worry about our OL at all next year- except at C just a little

AlSwearengen
11-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Hev loves our 2 freshmen that are RS'ing...and also that juco we crootin. I dont worry about our OL at all next year- except at C just a little

Coach, do you know anything about where Cole Carter stands? I thought I read that he was looking good during pre-season.

EdDawg
11-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Center will be the key position since we won't return anyone with experience calling blocking assignments. That will have to get worked out quick since we host LSU the second weekend.

Coach34
11-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Coach, do you know anything about where Cole Carter stands? I thought I read that he was looking good during pre-season.

I cant see him being more than a 7th-8th man. I think we will move Senior to LT this Spring then let Warren and Johnson fight for the RT position...Jenkins and Carter will fight for that 4th tackle spot.

We know Malone is going to play Guard...and Clayborn is going to play somewhere. That leaves Desper, Calhoun, Thomas, and Flowers fight for reps

HoopsDawg
11-06-2014, 08:15 PM
I cant see him being more than a 7th-8th man. I think we will move Senior to LT this Spring then let Warren and Johnson fight for the RT position...Jenkins and Carter will fight for that 4th tackle spot.

We know Malone is going to play Guard...and Clayborn is going to play somewhere. That leaves Desper, Calhoun, Thomas, and Flowers fight for reps

Desper is better than Clayborn right now.

LT: Senior
LG: Malone
C: Clayborn
RG: Desper
RT: Rankin (I hope)

msstate7
11-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Desper is better than Clayborn right now.

LT: Senior
LG: Malone
C: Clayborn
RG: Desper
RT: Rankin (I hope)

I like this lineup

defiantdog
11-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Clayborn has been practicing at center this year

MabenMaroon
11-06-2014, 09:09 PM

I have heard that if the "Big E" ( Elgton Jenkins ) progresses in the spring and summer as much as he has so far, that he will be pushing someone out of a starting position by the end of next season.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I have heard that if the "Big E" ( Elgton Jenkins ) progresses in the spring and summer as much as he has so far, that he will be pushing someone out of a starting position by the end of next season.

Facts. His technique for a true freshman is some of the best our staff has seen. That's usually the biggest adjustment for most freshmen & he came in with technique of an upperclassmen.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Facts. His technique for a true freshman is some of the best our staff has seen. That's usually the biggest adjustment for most freshmen & he came in with technique of an upperclassmen.

He must be a fast learner, b/c I heard the opposite. I heard he had all the tools to be good one day, but he was extremely raw coming out.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-06-2014, 09:21 PM
I guess we'll see next year lol. I've heard his technique is what has separated him from the other freshmen & why he was getting some 2nd team LT reps. I do agree with your starting lineup from next year tho.

Coach34
11-06-2014, 09:23 PM
He must be a fast learner, b/c I heard the opposite. I heard he had all the tools to be good one day, but he was extremely raw coming out.

I'm with IfYouOnlyKnew. I heard Hev considered playing him this year because he was impressive

msstate7
11-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Wasn't jenkins taken bc we lost Rawlings?

HoopsDawg
11-06-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm with IfYouOnlyKnew. I heard Hev considered playing him this year because he was impressive

Well, all the recruiting "gurus" called him extremely raw coming out of high school. That's why we didn't offer him until the end. But maybe he's a fast learner. He is supposed to be really athletic for a guy that big.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Wasn't jenkins taken bc we lost Rawlings?

Yes, Jenkins was headed to Arkansas State until we lost on Rawlings and another guy.

"They told me that they were short on scholarships, but they wanted me to come in and take the visit," said Jenkins. "They said that they may end up having a scholarship for me and that they would know something between now and signing day."