PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Sports Illustrated Basketball issue

coastdoglover
11-06-2014, 02:38 PM
And no, MSU is not ranked. However, the funny part is there is a picture of Senquez Golson making a tackle of Sammie Coates from Auburn and he is all over the face mask. I didn't hear any Black Bears bemoaning that call. We all realize the Bears never lose a game, it is always the ref's fault or some other nonsense. I just thought it was ironic since they have bitched all week about the officiating.

Covercorner2
11-06-2014, 02:41 PM
And no, MSU is not ranked. However, the funny part is there is a picture of Senquez Golson making a tackle of Ben Coates from Auburn and he is all over the face mask. I didn't hear any Black Bears bemoaning that call. We all realize the Bears never lose a game, it is always the ref's fault or some other nonsense. I just thought it was ironic since they have bitched all week about the officiating.

Sammie Coates*

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Speaking of Senquez Golson, is he really this good or do teams think he is the weakness on Ole Miss' defense and thus target him more than anyone else?

He leads the SEC with an astonishing 9 interceptions, but 9 is such a high number, that I'm curious if he is just being targeted far more than anyone else. Perhaps he is the best DB in the league, but he doesn't show up on mock drafts and it seems like the best DBs in the league wouldn't be targeted enough to accumulate 9 interceptions.

In comparison, Vernon Hargreaves only has 1 int and only 9 pass breakups on the season. So Golson has just as many INTs this season and Vernon Hargreaves has pass breakups.

Does this make any sense?

dawgs
11-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Absolutely makes sense. That's why you'll usually see a CB in the NFL have 1 big INT year, then the ints disappear. Either they are legit studs and teams start throwing elsewhere or the ints were flukes and not sustainable season to season.

Covercorner2
11-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Speaking of Senquez Golson, is he really this good or do teams think he is the weakness on Ole Miss' defense and thus target him more than anyone else?

He leads the SEC with an astonishing 9 interceptions, but 9 is such a high number, that I'm curious if he is just being targeted far more than anyone else. Perhaps he is the best DB in the league, but he doesn't show up on mock drafts and it seems like the best DBs in the league wouldn't be targeted enough to accumulate 9 interceptions.

In comparison, Vernon Hargreaves only has 1 int and only 9 pass breakups on the season. So Golson has just as many INTs this season and Vernon Hargreaves has pass breakups.

Does this make any sense?

I think Golson is pretty damn good, especially as a college player. The reasons he isn't seen very high on draft boards is probably because of his height and his baseball prospects...

ETA: Because he's not highly touted and his height could be a reason why he is tested a lot

coastdoglover
11-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Now, back to the real purpose of the post before the hijacking, how about those Bear fans?

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Now, back to the real purpose of the post before the hijacking, how about those Bear fans?

Yeah, sorry. I just had that thought when I saw Golson's name

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 02:57 PM
I think Golson is pretty damn good, especially as a college player. The reasons he isn't seen very high on draft boards is probably because of his height and his baseball prospects...

ETA: Because he's not highly touted and his height could be a reason why he is tested a lot

Apparently, other teams aren't all that impressed with him since they endlessly throw at him

Dawg61
11-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Thought this was a basketball thread

coastdoglover
11-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Thought this was a basketball thread

We have deemphasized basketball. Wait till next year

TheRef
11-06-2014, 04:13 PM

Well if anyone wants to, I'm going to head to the game and do a game thread for the Exhibition vs. Delta State. Tip is at 6

Dawg61
11-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Well if anyone wants to, I'm going to head to the game and do a game thread for the Exhibition vs. Delta State. Tip is at 6

I'll contribute in the game thread. I'm excited to see the new five playing. Dunlap, Houston, Black, Daniels and Ndoye should all play tonight.

TheRef
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM
I'll contribute in the game thread. I'm excited to see the new five playing. Dunlap, Houston, Black, Daniels and Ndoye should all play tonight.

We'll see....halfway wish I could get credentialed.

Homedawg
11-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Good. Glad to know. Now I can make sure I don't read it

Dawg61
11-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Good. Glad to know. Now I can make sure I don't read it

Better yet how about you contribute something of value to this board.

Homedawg
11-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Just keep up the good work.**********

Homedawg
11-06-2014, 06:21 PM

If that means saying something stupid as shit, why try, you are the leader in the clubhouse.

Dawg61
11-06-2014, 06:58 PM
If that means saying something stupid as shit, why try, you are the leader in the clubhouse.

How many scholarship players did we dress for the game tonight? Is it more than we did in the first game of either season 1 or season 2? You still don't get it. Moron.

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Strick would actually have to emphasize it before he can deemphasize it.

tcdog70
11-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Strick would actually have to emphasize it before he can deemphasize it.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^