PDA

View Full Version : Carmax & cars

Aces High
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Wife wants a smaller suv. Im looking at the murano, the edge, the cr-v and the equinox. Anyone have any recommendations on any of these 4 or another small suv crossover that might be better quality and price?

There are several on the carmax lot by my house I was going to test drive Friday.

War Machine Dawg
11-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I'd highly recommend the Toyota Rav4. My sister got one back in May and LOVES it. I'd also recommend looking at the Hyundai Santa Fe.

chainedup_Dawg
11-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Wife wants a smaller suv. Im looking at the murano, the edge, the cr-v and the equinox. Anyone have any recommendations on any of these 4 or another small suv crossover that might be better quality and price?

There are several on the carmax lot by my house I was going to test drive Friday.

I would stay away from the Equinox. Wife had one and had wiring issues, blown head gasket and egr valve in a matter of 3.5-4 years.

I also would recommend the Rav4. My sister drives the Mazda CX-9 and loves it.

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2014, 03:12 PM
I was shopping this market 3 years ago for my wife's primary car. We ended up - unexpectedly - with a Dodge Journey. I've been pleasantly surprised and pleased with its affordability, reliability, gas mileage, and power (v-6), fully loaded for under $30k new. I don't know that I would recommend a used one, just b/c it is a popular rental car, and who knows what you are getting buying used. I do know one thing - DO NOT BUY A USED VOLVO. Trust me.

Aces High
11-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Drove every car in this thread today and it was a no brainer....we bought the edge. Best features and best engine.

Thanks for the help. Bought it from an ole miss grad funny enough. Ex cheerleader.