PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Myles

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 09:44 AM
With all the attention on other injuries and the SEC West, I feel like this has been swept under the rug. Was Gabe Myles hurt against Arkansas?

He didn't have any catches, and I can't remember him being targeted or doing anything.

If he was healthy, why didn't we run any bubble screens to him and why isn't he returning kickoffs?

maroonmania
11-06-2014, 09:46 AM
With all the attention on other injuries and the SEC West, I feel like this has been swept under the rug. Was Gabe Myles hurt against Arkansas?

He didn't have any catches, and I can't remember him being targeted or doing anything.

If he was healthy, why didn't we run any bubble screens to him and why isn't he returning kickoffs?

He was targeted right off the bat and was open but Dak missed him. I'm not aware of any specific injury with him but I don't know.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 09:48 AM
He was targeted right off the bat and was open but Dak missed him. I'm not aware of any specific injury with him but I don't know.

Yes, I remember that now. He was open and Dak led him to far.

Curious why he wasn't more a part of the game plan. That guy is a good player

DanDority
11-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Yes, I remember that now. He was open and Dak led him to far.

Curious why he wasn't more a part of the game plan. That guy is a good player

He was wide open now that I think back to that play. Yes Shotgun he definitely needs to be returning kickoffs.

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 10:30 AM
He would've taken that to the house had it been thrown right.

C222
11-06-2014, 10:32 AM
I thought he limped off the field during the UK game. Maybe not.

Boomer15
11-06-2014, 10:37 AM

I had a perfect end zone angle on that play. Gabe didn't run out of his break and get his head around. It's like he didn't expect the ball to be thrown to him. It was a corner route, if he had sprinted out of his break and looked back when he should have he would have scored. I don't know if that's why he didn't play much, but I know that was not Dak's fault. That was on Myles.

Irondawg
11-06-2014, 10:59 AM
I had a perfect end zone angle on that play. Gabe didn't run out of his break and get his head around. It's like he didn't expect the ball to be thrown to him. It was a corner route, if he had sprinted out of his break and looked back when he should have he would have scored. I don't know if that's why he didn't play much, but I know that was not Dak's fault. That was on Myles.

Good info - it's stuff like that we don't always catch from our angle or on TV unless the commentators point it out. On TV it just looked like a bad throw.

State82
11-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Good info - it's stuff like that we don't always catch from our angle or on TV unless the commentators point it out. On TV it just looked like a bad throw.

Yes. Excellent point from Boomer15. Didn't see that either.