PDA

View Full Version : Bjork to Michigan?

ScottH
11-06-2014, 01:32 AM
Reported as "a strong candidate for the position."

He wants it. You just know he does.

Not sure his Twitter meltdowns and open collar game week PSA's will sit well with the Ann Arbor upper crust and academic elite though.

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Reported as "a strong candidate for the position."

He wants it. You just know he does.

Not sure his Twitter meltdowns and open collar game week PSA's will sit well with the Ann Arbor upper crust and academic elite though.

I don't know... they need a little fire right now and you have to admit all 3 major sports are doing much better under Bjork at OM than they have in the past 50 or so years.

quickstrike2
11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Their former AD, Dave Brandon, was getting into pissing matches with MICHIGAN fans and alumni over email. He was telling them not to buy season tickets anymore and just generally acting like I've never seen an AD towards their own fanbase. If I was Michigan, I would stray away from another AD that likes to have a cocktail and fight with people on social media.

thf24
11-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Their former AD, Dave Brandon, was getting into pissing matches with MICHIGAN fans and alumni over email. He was telling them not to buy season tickets anymore and just generally acting like I've never seen an AD towards their own fanbase. If I was Michigan, I would stray away from another AD that likes to have a cocktail and fight with people on social media.

I'd thought for a while that Bjork was just an oddball, but I've heard stories lately that suggest a lot of athletic directors are thin-skinned like this. Makes me appreciate having a true professional in Stricklin.

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 10:27 AM
I'd thought for a while that Bjork was just an oddball, but I've heard stories lately that suggest a lot of athletic directors are thin-skinned like this. Makes me appreciate having a true professional in Stricklin.

Personally, I like the cohones Bjork brings to the table. Reminds me a little of the ninja.

dawgpound
11-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I hope he leaves and they find another Boone type guy for the job

preachermatt83
11-06-2014, 11:16 PM
I hope he leaves and they find another Boone type guy for the job

+1

preachermatt83
11-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Personally, I like the cohones Bjork brings to the table. Reminds me a little of the ninja.

agreed. I hope he goes anywhere. Just don't like him at OM. He doesn't fit there. I would actually like him if he wasn't their AD.

thf24
11-07-2014, 05:21 AM

For a head coach, or even an intermediate department official, sure, but I'd prefer a mild-mannered professional for the top job. Just my opinion though. And while Byrne might have played the part a bit looser than Stricklin does, I doubt he would have engaged in Twitter wars with fans of rival schools and written meaningless open letters to newspapers.

Mutt the Hoople
11-07-2014, 08:06 AM

Big difference..Bjork is getting into pissing matches with State fans. The Michigan fans would love it if Bjork got into it with Ohio State fans.

I seen it dawg
11-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Even though he's an asshat in that office he needs to go. OM will never be better in anything than they are right now but he still needs to go.