PDA

View Full Version : Bwahahaha Look at this lame ass video....

CadaverDawg
11-05-2014, 11:54 PM
(Stolen from SP)

What a goofy, embarrassing, bunch of douchebags up North.

http://youtu.be/bc8PHxznoyQ

CadaverDawg
11-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Since when is "cussing and public intoxication 'unbecoming' of Ole Miss"? Haha, a school whose main cheer starts with "Hell yea, Damn right" and is basically an anthem to drinking, is not supposed to cuss or drink publicly? What a joke they are.

And I love how they use "flagship" as if it's something to brag about. It means nothing. And it shows tremendous insecurity that they have to reach to those depths to try and find something to beat their chests over. Just a strange and embarrassing bunch.

messageboardsuperhero
11-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Man, he even throws a pointless, forced flagship in there for good measure. Nicely done.

Seriously though, why is it that you never hear administrators/ADs at the University of Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, etc. call themselves "the flagship" every time they open their mouthes? Maybe they do, and I'm just not paying attention.

NorCalDawg
11-06-2014, 12:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/om2r6PG.jpg

LiterallyPolice
11-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Fun Fact: Pascagoula is nicknamed Mississippi's Flagship City

Todd4State
11-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Why do they think losing to Auburn is "winning the hearts of America"?

I like how they act like they are the only program to suffer a heartbreaking loss.

And is it really necessary to emphasize making Vaught-Hemingway the toughest place for Presbyterian to play? They're in the Big South Conference for crying out loud. I would hope Ole Miss is more intimidating than Gardner-Webb since they're setting the bar so high.

Dawg61
11-06-2014, 01:32 AM
And I love how they use "flagship" as if it's something to brag about. It means nothing. And it shows tremendous insecurity that they have to reach to those depths to try and find something to beat their chests over. Just a strange and embarrassing bunch.

Spot on. Just curious but when did this whole term "Flagship" and "Land-Grant" get established? Was it before or after Ole Miss lost 100% of its student body as casualties in the Civil War?

Reason2succeed
11-06-2014, 02:28 AM
He's wearing a lapel pin, the pinnacle of men's fashion. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Reason2succeed
11-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Did they steal Texas A&M's stadium sway? Maybe it's just me but I never remembered the Rebs interlocking arms and rocking back and forth during my days at State. Surely they wouldn't jack A&M for their tradition as soon as they join the league would they?

FlabLoser
11-06-2014, 02:56 AM
Spot on. Just curious but when did this whole term "Flagship" and "Land-Grant" get established? Was it before or after Ole Miss lost 100% of its student body as casualties in the Civil War?

I looked this up and it's ugly.

The first mention of flagship universities in Mississippi came out of the Ayers case that found issues with Mississippi's 3 D-1 universities being funded on a different level from the historically black universities.

MSU, Ole Miss, and USM were all named as "flagship" universities.

As if the nation's poorest state can adequately fund 8 universities. They should be consolidated to 1 or 2 universities. But that's an issue for another day.

At any rate, Ole Miss is not "the" flagship university in Mississippi. And Ole Miss should drop the term.

BossDawg
11-06-2014, 03:10 AM
I'll say the same thing I said on SPS: They are a weird bunch. I mean really, really weird. They have trumped the weirdness of TAMU, IMO. They're like a brainwashed cult, and the better State is, the weirder they get.

BossDawg
11-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Why do they think losing to Auburn is "winning the hearts of America"?

Because of Treadwell's injury, that's why. They are milking his injury and using it to get sympathy from everyone. It's not about Treadwell at all....it is about THEM.

Reason2succeed
11-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Because of Treadwell's injury, that's why. They are milking his injury and using it to get sympathy from everyone. It's not about Treadwell at all....it is about THEM.

Wow, that seems eerily similar to a plantation slave-owner mentality. The boss man's prize fighter gets hurt and everyone feels sorry for the owner not the fighter. Winning hearts my arse. How about turning stomachs?

GreenheadDawg
11-06-2014, 06:56 AM
They are so pathetic. It's really sad

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Two things:

1. Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina aren't Flagship universities either. LSU, Nebraska, Penn State, Ohio State, Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, U Mass, U Conn, Maryland, and Missouri are flagship universities. And to take it a step further, these schools are secure their position as that university in their state, and never feel the need to remind people. Afterall, why would you need to constantly remind people of something that was obvious?

2. The Treadwell narrative should remind us all of what Ole Miss is really good at. They are good at creating the story and telling you what to think. They do the same thing to some pathetic MSU fans every day. They didn't really win any hearts in that game, but they are going to tell you they did in an effort to market themselves and create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-06-2014, 08:33 AM
LOL at Bjork...He must not have gotten the message that MSU isn't their real rival:

Great win Ladies & congrats on 2-0 vs MSU @CoachMcRoberts.......“@OleMissVB: REBELS BEAT STATE AGAIN! #HottyToddy http://fb.me/7gms0A3Nh ”
https://twitter.com/RossBjorkAD/status/530176399974227968

civildawg
11-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Speaking of volleyball. We need to get Hazelwood out of there ASAP. Yeah she is a state person but she cant coach volleyball

messageboardsuperhero
11-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I looked this up and it's ugly.

The first mention of flagship universities in Mississippi came out of the Ayers case that found issues with Mississippi's 3 D-1 universities being funded on a different level from the historically black universities.

MSU, Ole Miss, and USM were all named as "flagship" universities.

As if the nation's poorest state can adequately fund 8 universities. They should be consolidated to 1 or 2 universities. But that's an issue for another day.

At any rate, Ole Miss is not "the" flagship university in Mississippi. And Ole Miss should drop the term.

Welp, after a little bit of digging, Flab is right. In the case of the United States v. Fordice (AKA, the Ayers Case), the district courts (upheld by the Supreme Court) found that Mississippi has three "flagship universities." Every time UM calls itself the flagship, it's a fraud and means nothing.

We deal first with the current admissions policies of Mississippi's public universities. As the District Court found, the three flagship historically white universities in the system [505 U.S. 717, 734] - University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and University of Southern Mississippi

We next address Mississippi's scheme of institutional mission classification, and whether it perpetuates the State's formerly de jure dual system. The District Court found that, throughout the period of de jure segregation, University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and University of Southern Mississippi were the flagship institutions in the state system. They received the most funds, initiated the most advanced and specialized programs, and developed the widest range of curricular functions.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=505&invol=717

RC3
11-06-2014, 09:03 AM
got a pretty good feeling that the vaught is going to be pretty empty this weekend. we won't be completely full either, but their crowd is probably going to be embarrassing i am afraid

LC Dawg
11-06-2014, 09:06 AM

This is true. They are using a player's injury to promote the university. That's just wrong.

mic
11-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Where is his championship belt??

codeDawg
11-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Welp, after a little bit of digging, Flab is right. In the case of the United States v. Fordice (AKA, the Ayers Case), the district courts (upheld by the Supreme Court) found that Mississippi has three "flagship universities." Every time UM calls itself the flagship, it's a fraud and means nothing.

We deal first with the current admissions policies of Mississippi's public universities. As the District Court found, the three flagship historically white universities in the system [505 U.S. 717, 734] - University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and University of Southern Mississippi

We next address Mississippi's scheme of institutional mission classification, and whether it perpetuates the State's formerly de jure dual system. The District Court found that, throughout the period of de jure segregation, University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and University of Southern Mississippi were the flagship institutions in the state system. They received the most funds, initiated the most advanced and specialized programs, and developed the widest range of curricular functions.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=505&invol=717

My new line: Co-Flagship

TheDogFather
11-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I texted to 69050: "Rebs. The crowd keeps chanting abusive language and tries to get me to drink Hotty toddys."

I'm just following instructions from the flagship AD

Coach34
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Bjork just said:

"quit being a bunch of butthurt drunks and have your ass in VH this Saturday against this shit team"

Bothrops
11-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Gross! They're getting worse and worse. That place needs some testosterone in the worse way.

maroonmania
11-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Two things:

1. Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina aren't Flagship universities either. LSU, Nebraska, Penn State, Ohio State, Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, U Mass, U Conn, Maryland, and Missouri are flagship universities. And to take it a step further, these schools are secure their position as that university in their state, and never feel the need to remind people. Afterall, why would you need to constantly remind people of something that was obvious?

2. The Treadwell narrative should remind us all of what Ole Miss is really good at. They are good at creating the story and telling you what to think. They do the same thing to some pathetic MSU fans every day. They didn't really win any hearts in that game, but they are going to tell you they did in an effort to market themselves and create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

OM is just a master at media manipulation and milking everything to their benefit. I feel a lot of that with the Chucky Mullins ordeal. Look, I hate what happened to Chucky but OM goes on an on about it like they are the only school that has ever had to deal with a tragic football injury. I mean what makes the Mullins situation any worse that what we had to deal with in regards to Rodney Stowers or Keffer McGee (though Keffer's death was not directly related to football). Its just that in every situation they seemingly try to squeeze every bit of publicity out of it that they can.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2014, 09:42 AM
OM is just a master at media manipulation and milking everything to their benefit. I feel a lot of that with the Chucky Mullins ordeal. Look, I hate what happened to Chucky but OM goes on an on about it like they are the only school that has ever had to deal with a tragic football injury. I mean what makes the Mullins situation any worse that what we had to deal with in regards to Rodney Stowers or Keffer McGee (though Keffer's death was not directly related to football). Its just that in every situation they seemingly try to squeeze every bit of publicity out of it that they can.

They are sensationalist. It's that simple

godlluB
11-06-2014, 09:51 AM

While "flagship" is a nebulous term, land grand universities are an actual class of university. Established by the Morrill acts in the late 1800's. In essence, federal lands were sold to fund public universities who were to focus on agricultural, industrial, and engineering curricula.

...and if you think it's something to be ashamed of, let's talk to Cornell, Rutgers, MIT, University of California, Berkeley, University of Florida, Purdue, Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Clemson, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech (among others), how they feel about it.

There ain't no shame in that game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land-grant_university
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_land-grant_universities

BeardoMSU
11-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Did they steal Texas A&M's stadium sway?

It's called "locking the Vaught". I think they started it in 2012. Traditions, y'all.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2014, 11:21 AM
It's called "locking the Vaught". I think they started it in 2012. Traditions, y'all.

It ends up looking like a Fairy Chain

BeardoMSU
11-06-2014, 11:32 AM
It ends up looking like a Fairy Chain

They're just practicing for the Broadway rendition of "Human Centipede"

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 12:04 PM
that was painful. He essentially went on a 3 minute tirade to ask the fans to not be drunk and obnoxious while still coming to support the team even though they've lost two games back to back.

Over Under on:
1st Quarter - People in the grove vs people in the stands?
4th quarter - People in the grove vs people in the stands?

Gen. Grant
11-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Lets just say that we should be glad for one thing, that dick head that acts like a church youth leader is not our AD.

fishwater99
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM

I have been to games there the last 2 years and I didn't see that. But they did lose those 2 games...

BeardoMSU
11-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Lets just say that we should be glad for one thing, that dick head that acts like a church youth leader is not our AD.

You should post more, Ulysses.

justwin
11-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm confused....are they trying to win the party or not? Come on Bjork, get in line.

Dawg61
11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
While "flagship" is a nebulous term, land grand universities are an actual class of university. Established by the Morrill acts in the late 1800's. In essence, federal lands were sold to fund public universities who were to focus on agricultural, industrial, and engineering curricula.

...and if you think it's something to be ashamed of, let's talk to Cornell, Rutgers, MIT, University of California, Berkeley, University of Florida, Purdue, Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Clemson, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech (among others), how they feel about it.

There ain't no shame in that game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land-grant_university
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_land-grant_universities

Haha so Flagship means actually fu@kel yet Land-Grant is actually something to be proud of. Ole Miss is just flat out lying by calling themselves THE Flagship University for the state of Mississippi. That school loves to lie.

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 02:29 PM
We are the People's University. Always have been and always will be. They can claim to be co-flags if they'd like.

JDog13
11-06-2014, 05:38 PM
The stadium locking arms is as lame as their players doing it before they go on the field. The fan's copying a&m and the players copying Michigan.

Political Hack
11-06-2014, 06:04 PM
The stadium locking arms is as lame as their players doing it before they go on the field. The fan's copying a&m and the players copying Michigan.

I actually think it looks pretty cool. it's stolen for sure, but they steal all their traditions from everyone with the exception of the ones highlighted in the Ole Miss Tradition youtube video.