PDA

View Full Version : Tulane players get into fight, coach makes them hold hands for rest of time

TheRef
11-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I figured we could all get a nice chuckle out of this.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2014/11/tulane_tackles_engage_in_fist.html

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/tulane_impact/photo/16267921-mmmain.jpg

Todd4State
11-05-2014, 08:57 PM
This is what I love about football. You can actually treat people that act stupid how they deserve to be treated.

If this happened at a place of business, there would be lawsuits and all kinds of silly controversy.

Political Hack
11-05-2014, 09:00 PM
that's the most action Yulman has seen so far.

They have so much potential to build a good team. Would really like to see them succeed.

SapperDawg
11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Our drill sergeants used to make us do this all the time for all kinds of infractions. Fighting? Hold hands for a day after 1000 push ups. Forgot something in your ruck? Hold hands with your battle buddy the rest of the day. Late? Grab your battle buddy's hand for awhile.

Todd4State
11-05-2014, 09:56 PM
that's the most action Yulman has seen so far.

They have so much potential to build a good team. Would really like to see them succeed.

They were in a bowl last year. They are in the "year after a good year" let down year. A lot of programs go through it.

There is a lot of good talent in NOLA and south Louisiana, and even the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I think they have a better chance at sustained success than USM because of the city they are in and the fact they are in a better conference.

But like USM, they have to compete with ULL, South Alabama, and USM for talent. It gets thinned out pretty quickly. And if it comes down to MSU or Tulane, we're going to get the player most likely.

Westdawg
11-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I did this same punishment to about 15 9th graders during one practice. They had already done up downs, gassers, etc. for throwing sticks at each other. The point of no return was they took the varsity water bottles and sprayed all the water out. These boys were already in the sideline because they weren't cutting it on the field. I told the
To all hold hands for the rest of practice....which lasted another 80 or so mins. The HC walked over to me asking why in the **LL there were players holding hands like a group of girls. Just looked at me with that " you have lost your mind!!!!" look. Those boys never acted up in practice again though.