PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Lattimore retired today

DudyDawg
11-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Due to his knees. Sad. Wonder how good he'd have been if he could've been healthy

LiterallyPolice
11-05-2014, 03:55 PM
When I read this, it made me sad.

But then I read he's going back to USCe to get his degree, and also that he took out a $1.7 MM insurance policy before his second knee injury. So it sounds like, while he could have been a great one, he's got his head on straight and has a little bank to boot. So good for him.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2014, 03:58 PM
When I read this, it made me sad.

But then I read he's going back to USCe to get his degree, and also that he took out a $1.7 MM insurance policy before his second knee injury. So it sounds like, while he could have been a great one, he's got his head on straight and has a little bank to boot. So good for him.

Yep. And Spurrier just said he has a coaching job waiting on him if he wants it

Dawg61
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I do feel bad for Lattimore but he'll be well taken care of in that State for life.

TheDawgBiscuit
11-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Sad sad story in general. He was phenomenal.

FlabLoser
11-05-2014, 06:16 PM
I bet Tunsil read that.

maroonmania
11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Sad sad story in general. He was phenomenal.

Yep, and sad that his initial knee injury issues started in Starkville.

TimberBeast
11-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Very sad, his freshman year I thought he was one of the best college backs I've ever seen. He would have been a great NFL back also. He has his head on right and always had a great attitude.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Yep, and sad that his initial knee injury issues started in Starkville.

I thought it was the 2nd time he got hurt was in Starkville. I remember he was actually blocking and got rolled up into by the ball carrier and defensive player. It was a fluke type thing.

Floridawg
11-05-2014, 10:53 PM
I met him when he was recovering from his second knee injury at Andrews and man did he work hard, and he was also a great guy. Following surgery all I heard was good news so not sure what went wrong, but coming back from that second injury was always going to be near impossible.