PDA

View Full Version : Ed Easley added to the Cardinals 40 man roster

Todd4State
11-05-2014, 01:29 PM
That is a big step towards him making it to MLB.

Now, of course I expect the Cardinals to go with Yadier Molina and Tony Cruz at catcher, but if there is an injury to either one of them, there is a good chance that Ed will get called up. It also increases Ed's chances of getting called up in September.

Can he beat out Cruz for the back up spot? I think it's possible, but unlikely since Cruz has been a solid back up for the past 3-4 seasons.

We're going to start seeing some Bulldogs come up to MLB in 2015. Easley, Hunter Renfroe, and Lindgren are almost shoe ins. I think there is a good chance that Stratton gets called up depending on the kind of year he has in AA/AAA. I expect Graveman to spend some time in AAA and MLB. I think Girodo has a chance depending on how he does in AA but likely will spend the year in the minors.

MsStateBaseball
11-05-2014, 02:27 PM
I am hoping also Adam Frazier makes it to AA and does well.

SouthMsDawg
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Will Renfroe and Lingo be in the bigs in 2015?

jgunn
11-05-2014, 03:31 PM
My son did Ed's catching clinic in Olive Branch last night, great and generous guy. Austin Riley, Keegan James, and Dustin Skelton were there helping out. My son was in Austin's group and he was pumped. Austin and Keegan have some big frames. All 3 really nice guys!

MsStateBaseball
11-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Renfroe and Lingo should be up quite soon, like by end of May. That is if they don't make the club out of spring training which is s distinct possibility.

Todd4State
11-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Will Renfroe and Lingo be in the bigs in 2015?

Barring injury, yes.

Todd4State
11-05-2014, 04:00 PM
My son did Ed's catching clinic in Olive Branch last night, great and generous guy. Austin Riley, Keegan James, and Dustin Skelton were there helping out. My son was in Austin's group and he was pumped. Austin and Keegan have some big frames. All 3 really nice guys!

I'm excited not only about the baseball talent that we are brining in, but also the quality of the people we are bringing in.

shoeless joe
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Renfroe and Lingo should be up quite soon, like by end of May. That is if they don't make the club out of spring training which is s distinct possibility.

If renfroe doesn't make it out of spring training I don't expect him up til mid June (or whenever the cut off is to where it doesn't count on his arbitration eligibility).