PDA

View Full Version : Bucky hearing the news that Big Softie wouldn't play?

AlSwearengen
11-05-2014, 11:56 AM
I can't find it now, but someone said in a post that Bucky looked like Saban when he is pissed upon hearing from Luke that Tunsil couldn't play. Is there footage of this somewhere? Possible GIF material?

Homedawg
11-05-2014, 12:06 PM
No he didn't. He looked surprised like he expected him to play. I went back and watched it last night.

sandwolf
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Click here (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2099285/) for the video. It is at the 6:00 mark. He looks more shocked and worried than he does pissed.

msstate7
11-05-2014, 12:10 PM
If tunsil won't play with everything to play for, will he play now?

BLITZII
11-05-2014, 12:32 PM
If tunsil won't play with everything to play for, will he play now?

Nope!

Coach34
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Big Softie. I called this a year ago. All talent, but no heart

Political Hack
11-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Big Softie. I called this a year ago. All talent, but no heart

homeboy is protecting the pocket book. can't blame him. Not sure why freeze was surprised. I wasn't. in fact a few of us (think you too) had been told that was going to happen. Freeze knew what these kids' priorities were when they signed them. no reason to be shocked now.

gtowndawg
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Click here (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2099285/) for the video. It is at the 6:00 mark. He looks more shocked and worried than he does pissed.

"He's not going? What?"

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2014, 12:54 PM
He will sit to the Egg Bowl.

TrapGame
11-05-2014, 01:00 PM
He will sit to the Egg Bowl.

It's still going to be hard playing the EB with a torn bicep and dislocated mangina.

AlmostPositive
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Speaking of low-character, high-salary Ole Miss players -- not that there's anything wrong with that -- did anybody see The Injured One bump and threaten two frat-boy looking Auburn assistants on the sidelines? Deliberately bumped both, then pivoted hard and physically challenged them for what he had just initiated. Not a huge thing, but telling.

dawgs
11-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Partially torn bicep ain't the same thing as a sore ankle or something. A fully torn bicep is a season ending injury. I'd imagine a partially torn bicep makes it awfully difficult to lift your arm, much less use it to stop a 275 lb DE rushing you.

Coach34
11-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Partially torn bicep ain't the same thing as a sore ankle or something. A fully torn bicep is a season ending injury. I'd imagine a partially torn bicep makes it awfully difficult to lift your arm, much less use it to stop a 275 lb DE rushing you.

then why such surprise from Freezus?

missouridawg
11-05-2014, 01:50 PM
"He's not going? What?"

I opened and watch the video until the game started and never saw this. The video starts one hour in for me....

When does this exchange happen in relation to the game?

ScoobaDawg
11-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Here ya go....I wouldnt say pissed but a BIG WHATTTTT

Homedawg
11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I opened and watch the video until the game started and never saw this. The video starts one hour in for me....

When does this exchange happen in relation to the game?
Right before they kickoff. If watching an unedited version, it's almost exactly 6 mins into the broadcast.

Sacrifice
11-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Haha he's like WHAT, are you F-in kidding me???? Another thing, Freeze can't hide those teeth to save his life. Seems like my eyes are drawn to them for some reason.

missouridawg
11-05-2014, 02:04 PM
M

Thanks.. For those curious... It occurs after the opening kickoff and right before Auburns first snap from scrimmage. Amazing that the cameras caught that.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Another thing, Freeze can't hide those teeth to save his life.

He's gonna get those things caught in a trip-wire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmajyVNuQL4

dawgs
11-05-2014, 02:15 PM
then why such surprise from Freezus?

He probably told him he'd shoot it up with cortisone and go out for warm ups and see how he could move it, and got out there and realized it just wasn't gonna work. Freeze probably just took it for granted that he'd shoot up and play.

Let's partially tear your bicep and see if you can go push around 275+ lb mean with it. I'm imagining most of us would holler about picking up a pencil. The saying is there's a difference between injured and hurt. Imo a partially torn bicep is an injury that's gonna be tough to play through 1 week after the injury.

Jacksondevildog
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I agree. His pulled ***** is the biggest issue with him. Not the bicep.

quickstrike2
11-05-2014, 02:35 PM
I dislike Freeze as much as anyone, but I can understand him looking surprised and/or worried going into a game like that. I don't know the details but if Freeze thought he was going to play then he doesn't, that would be disappointing.

Sacrifice
11-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Do y'all think this will effect his draft stock? Seems like he sits everytime he stumps his toe.

Coach34
11-05-2014, 02:38 PM
He probably told him he'd shoot it up with cortisone and go out for warm ups and see how he could move it, and got out there and realized it just wasn't gonna work. Freeze probably just took it for granted that he'd shoot up and play.

Let's partially tear your bicep and see if you can go push around 275+ lb mean with it. I'm imagining most of us would holler about picking up a pencil. The saying is there's a difference between injured and hurt. Imo a partially torn bicep is an injury that's gonna be tough to play through 1 week after the injury.

My livelihood depends on Orthopedic surgeons. I know exactly what Big Softie was facing

PassInterference
11-05-2014, 03:02 PM
If Freeze didn't know Tunsil wasn't playing with a torn bicep, he is surely an idiot. Nobody can play with that. The mind can play with pain, but the body can't un-injure itself. Not in the short term.

Johnson85
11-05-2014, 03:14 PM
My livelihood depends on Orthopedic surgeons. I know exactly what Big Softie was facing

I didn't realize orthopedic surgeons were such horn dogs. Des make sense that medically trained professionals would be worried about stds.**

dawgs
11-05-2014, 03:36 PM

Well then enlighten us

engie
11-05-2014, 03:43 PM
If Freeze didn't know Tunsil wasn't playing with a torn bicep, he is surely an idiot. Nobody can play with that. The mind can play with pain, but the body can't un-injure itself. Not in the short term.

That's because it doesn't fit and is most likely bullshit. Did Freeze ever mention a "torn" bicep prior to the Auburn game? NO. Why wouldn't he? Why would he then mention it afterwards? Why would he think on any planet whatsoever that Tunsil would be able to go with even a partially torn bicep? Why would Tunsil be cleared to play in the game with a partially torn bicep? He's betting people believe him and are too dumb or trusting to take him to task over it.

Tunsil had a minor bicep injury and was cleared to go by doctors. It was clearly not even in Freeze's mind that he would not play. Yet he pulled himself and cost Ole Miss the season. After that, Freeze made a calculated PR move to overstate the injury, in the case that Tunsil didn't play again this year, he wouldn't catch grief about it -- and if he did, he would be praised for his "toughness" in playing through such a major injury... A win/win for OM if it's blindly believed...

sandwolf
11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Ok, let's assume that his bicep is partially torn......is that something that just heals up on its own after resting it for a couple of weeks? Or would it need a surgical repair?

dawgs
11-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Well I know why freeze wouldn't mention it pre-auburn. Because he doesn't want them to spend a full week implementing blitzes specifically targeting the LT. same reason everyone keeps quiet as long as possible on injuries where a guy isn't clearly out for the year, like treadwell.

Coach34
11-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Ok, let's assume that his bicep is partially torn......is that something that just heals up on its own after resting it for a couple of weeks? Or would it need a surgical repair?

He is going to have to have it fixed regardless because he is a college football player. If he was just a normal guy- he could let it rest and do some exercises to help regain strength. His tear is usually going to be near the elbow (distal bicep) or the shoulder (proximal bicep). With it being a partial- it's most likely near the shoulder. If a full tear happens, a surgeon will have to go in, drill the bone and insert the tendon with some type of fixation like a button and/or screw.

His partial tear isn't going to heal in 2 weeks. So he can play with pain and some loss of strength until it pops- or sit the rest of the season and have it surgically fixed

engie
11-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Well I know why freeze wouldn't mention it pre-auburn. Because he doesn't want them to spend a full week implementing blitzes specifically targeting the LT. same reason everyone keeps quiet as long as possible on injuries where a guy isn't clearly out for the year, like treadwell.

Or -- it's a strain and Freeze thought tunsil would be full go to the extent that he was shocked to learn otherwise, which we literally saw on camera in pregame. How do you keep overlooking that part? It wasn't a ploy -- it was a shock. If it was a ploy, why would he then call it severe after the Auburn game and allow Arky and State to dial up the same thing you allege he was avoiding for Auburn?

Because Tunsil is nicked, and calling it a big deal now makes it a win/win from a PR perspective. Freeze literally has no clue if he'll go again this year, and it's not his call...

dawgs
11-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Or -- it's a strain and Freeze thought tunsil would be full go to the extent that he was shocked to learn otherwise, which we literally saw on camera in pregame. How do you keep overlooking that part? It wasn't a ploy -- it was a shock. If it was a ploy, why would he then call it severe after the Auburn game and allow Arky and State to dial up the same thing you allege he was avoiding for Auburn?

Because Tunsil is nicked, and calling it a big deal now makes it a win/win from a PR perspective. Freeze literally has no clue if he'll go again this year, and it's not his call...

Partial tears are strains.

Political Hack
11-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I dislike Freeze as much as anyone, but I can understand him looking surprised and/or worried going into a game like that. I don't know the details but if Freeze thought he was going to play then he doesn't, that would be disappointing.

it was known beforehand. I had been told that was going to happen. Freeze HAD TO KNOW that he wasn't go to play. His family can't possibly risk his NFL future just because Ole Miss is paper thin on the OL.

AlSwearengen
11-05-2014, 08:25 PM
wasn't there word that tunsil was having arm problems pre-season or early in the year? Or am I making that up?

TUSK
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I can't find it now, but someone said in a post that Bucky looked like Saban when he is pissed upon hearing from Luke that Tunsil couldn't play. Is there footage of this somewhere? Possible GIF material?

did Tunsil get a spanking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5W8QVp295M

Johnson85
11-05-2014, 10:22 PM
He is going to have to have it fixed regardless because he is a college football player. If he was just a normal guy- he could let it rest and do some exercises to help regain strength. His tear is usually going to be near the elbow (distal bicep) or the shoulder (proximal bicep). With it being a partial- it's most likely near the shoulder. If a full tear happens, a surgeon will have to go in, drill the bone and insert the tendon with some type of fixation like a button and/or screw.

His partial tear isn't going to heal in 2 weeks. So he can play with pain and some loss of strength until it pops- or sit the rest of the season and have it surgically fixed

Call me old fashioned, but I liked it better when a condom salesman was causing ole miss fans to loose all perspective over comments made on the internet. Nothing wrong with being in medical device sales, but it's just not the same.

Coach34
11-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I liked it better when a condom salesman was causing ole miss fans to loose all perspective over comments made on the internet. Nothing wrong with being in medical device sales, but it's just not the same.

Oh, I sell condoms....I just slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Reason2succeed
11-06-2014, 04:10 AM

B,b,b,but we paid a lot of money for that one!!!

Big Daddy Dawg
11-06-2014, 07:23 AM
I tore my bicep while working several years ago, two things I can tell you about it: #1) you could have kicked me square in the nuts at the same time and I would not have cared. Worst pain you could imagine! #2) I could not lift my arm at the elbow without wanting to cry for a month, could not pick anything heavier than pencil. It hurt THAT bad!
I just don't see the kid playing again this year, this is deep, sharp pain and it is very incapacitating!