PDA

View Full Version : Amazed (but happy about) the Alabama love

cheewgumm
11-05-2014, 11:29 AM
I think it's amazing how the media in general, and the conventional wisdom has turned to basically : "Alabama is the best team and all they have to do is take care of business and they'll be there." It's pretty self-evident that if they win, they're in. A lot of teams can say that. But if you look at Bama's games, there have been a lot of hiccups. That A&M win did it for these guys, I'm assuming.

Personally, I think they may lose to LSU. I would probably pick LSU at home.

Regardless, I'm extremely happy about it to this point, because I think it can only help to focus our team. Still I think it shows how people go back to the least common denominator. Over the years they can depend on Bama winning. It's what always happens. Given that, I get it. but just looking at the games this year, it's hard to see.

BulldogBear
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM
It's interesting how after just a couple of weeks the general college football world psyche is just shade off of 2012. It's kind of like aren't we cute to be undefeated but Alabama will bring it down in a fantastic house of cards tumble. I like being there. It's the edge we need.

I chuckled to myself the other day and considered taking a break to call in to head to head. Every team we were supposed to lose to this year (and for more or less all the SAME reasons we are supposed to lose to Bammer) we have smeared. Read that again. What does that make Alabama?

NEXT

Lloyd Christmas
11-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I think it's amazing how the media in general, and the conventional wisdom has turned to basically : "Alabama is the best team and all they have to do is take care of business and they'll be there." It's pretty self-evident that if they win, they're in. A lot of teams can say that. But if you look at Bama's games, there have been a lot of hiccups. That A&M win did it for these guys, I'm assuming.

Personally, I think they may lose to LSU. I would probably pick LSU at home.

Regardless, I'm extremely happy about it to this point, because I think it can only help to focus our team. Still I think it shows how people go back to the least common denominator. Over the years they can depend on Bama winning. It's what always happens. Given that, I get it. but just looking at the games this year, it's hard to see.

I love it. Let the media love pour all over Bama. We need our players to get the chip back.

DovaDawg
11-05-2014, 12:59 PM
It's the safe bet. If Bama wins, they can say "I told you so." If State wins, they can hop right back on the bandwagon and nobody (except State fans) will notice.

smootness
11-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I was just listening to sports talk radio here in Atlanta, and they said Bama is the favorite to win the West and that they have the clearest path to the playoff...yes, Bama.

It's hilarious. They pointed to the Arkansas game and said we're not playing as well as we were earlier in the year...the same Arkansas team Bama beat even less convincingly! It's because to the general public, Bama's default is 'best team in the country'; so once they look good, even against a weak opponent, they're back! State's default, on the other hand, is 'mediocre'. So once we stumble a little or don't leave no doubt, we're falling back down to earth.

But I agree, I'm happy about it. Keep thinking that, and let the team hear it.

AlmostPositive
11-05-2014, 01:19 PM
If LSU takes out Bama, we're in the playoffs by way of winning the SECW. Even if a loss in BR wouldn't demoralize the Tide enough for us to beat them handily, it makes a loss in Tuscaloosa sustainable if not negligible. Ole Miss is going to be spent by Nov 29... we aren't losing to them this year.

Dawg61
11-05-2014, 02:48 PM
It's all about Blake Simms. Control him and you beat Bama. It's that simple. Yeldon, Henry and Cooper won't be enough without Simms also playing his ass off. All about Simms.

quickstrike2
11-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Defensively we need to limit big plays, get some pressure on their QB and hopefully create turnovers. Offensively we need to protect the ball and our QB. I think we can do these things, but I am nervous about this game.

AlmostPositive
11-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Hit Sims early, often and hard. Hit Cooper even harder. Have them wishing they were tucked safely into an Ebola ward somewhere and we win by double digits.