PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone understand this quote?

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 06:45 PM
(Stolen from the pack, but it's a good discussion.)

Does this quote make any sense to anyone?

Did Freeze really say this?

Does A+B=P?

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/D0A68AA9-AACE-4A69-BFD6-53DB9137CFF3_zpsvw25pmug.jpg

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 06:47 PM
it's incoherent babble.

Coach34
11-04-2014, 06:47 PM
I guess he is saying the out of state kids feel ostracized there at Ole Missus and when 1 out of stater hurts- they all hurt???

msstate7
11-04-2014, 06:48 PM
it's incoherent babble.

This is the correct translation

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 06:51 PM
I guess he is saying the out of state kids feel ostracized there at Ole Missus and when 1 out of stater hurts- they all hurt???

You may be right.

Do out of state students at Ole Miss get ostracized?

What happens if a kid from Mississippi gets hurt?

Sacrifice
11-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that's about F-in stupid.

CadaverDawg
11-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Translation: "We gone Love on each other and rub on each other, and recruit better and get thru this"

Sacrifice
11-04-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm wondering if that's really Freeze. I don't see "young men" in it.

Schultzy
11-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Translation: "We gone Love on each other and rub on each other, and recruit better and get thru this"

I laughed.

Bucky Dog
11-04-2014, 07:24 PM
It's a sad attempt by Freeze to use an injury to a key player into some sort of recruiting tool and to try and gain sympathy. I'm sorry but the guy spews more BS and becomes less liked and less believable every day!

Bass Chaser
11-04-2014, 08:04 PM
It doesn't make any sense, but it's similar to his pregame speech before the 2012 Egg Bowl.

gravedigger
11-04-2014, 08:09 PM
So i dont get it at all.

And somehow im much more comfortable that way.

monroedawg5646
11-04-2014, 08:36 PM
That is just bits and pieces of the shit he spewed from the 2012 egg speech

BeastMan
11-04-2014, 08:53 PM
That is just bits and pieces of the shit he spewed from the 2012 egg speech

Well maybe he needs to give incoherent pre-game speeches more often because they played like their hair was on fire that game

Martianlander
11-04-2014, 09:22 PM
That's so stupid, I can't even think of a good post.

EAVdog
11-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah it's egg bowl talk. Basically saying all his best players had the fact that they weren't from MS in common and that is what bonded them together. And of course they al decided to play for the 'flagship' University. Because you know every High School kid hangs their hat on some ridiculous notion of a state School somehow being superior to another state School based on a made up subjective term like 'flagship'.

IMissJack
11-04-2014, 09:47 PM
So much of a flagship in MS that without out of staters they would go under...

monroedawg5646
11-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Well maybe he needs to give incoherent pre-game speeches more often because they played like their hair was on fire that game
One of the shittiest games I've been to

msstate7
11-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Yeah it's egg bowl talk. Basically saying all his best players had the fact that they weren't from MS in common and that is what bonded them together. And of course they al decided to play for the 'flagship' University. Because you know every High School kid hangs their hat on some ridiculous notion of a state School somehow being superior to another state School based on a made up subjective term like 'flagship'.

It'll be interesting how much motivation to win the egg the out-of-state kids on OM will have after their season has derailed

Pollodawg
11-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Listen to the man talk. For all of the Bear's image consciousness, Freeze is about the biggest backwater redneck you've ever heard at a "major" (and I say that reluctantly and loosely) program you've ever seen.

Dawg61
11-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Haha what the actual fu@k does FLAGSHIP University mean anyway? Those stupid fu@kers keep throwing that shit out there to put us down but nobody except them on this entire fu@king continent even gives two shits about that anyways. We are the LAND-GRANT University. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh big deal about some dumb shit that took place BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR. Wow!! Hey Ole Miss you're the University that had its ENTIRE student population become a casualty in the Civil War. Every single student fought for the continuation of slavery and they all became a casualty for it. 100%!! How's that even possible? Your school's nickname is used as if it's your actual name and that name "Ole Miss" is the most racist name imaginable. Quit attempting to sling mud on MSU in the most pathetic way possible Ole Miss. It's beyond lame.

Todd4State
11-05-2014, 01:20 AM
It's hard to understand because the quote doesn't make any sense. If you're the "flagship" then why are most of your players from places other than Mississippi? And then he is saying that because they are from other places, they pull together to play for Mississippi. Which, I'm not sure where he is going with that- but it actually sounds more like a slap in the face of Mississippians to me. Well, let's call a spade a spade- it's either a pot shot at us for "Our State" or he's trying to rip off Dan.

He might as well just say- "Dear Mississippi, we don't think you produce enough talent so we have to go get mercenaries to represent you. But once we get everyone together, we all love each other."

Honestly, it would have been a lot more effective if he just said something like "we play out of love for each other" and left the stuff about Mississippi and the flagship stuff out because basically it doesn't make any sense with all the other stuff in there.

TUSK
11-05-2014, 01:27 AM
It's hard to understand because the quote doesn't make any sense. If you're the "flagship" then why are most of your players from places other than Mississippi? And then he is saying that because they are from other places, they pull together to play for Mississippi. Which, I'm not sure where he is going with that- but it actually sounds more like a slap in the face of Mississippians to me. Well, let's call a spade a spade- it's either a pot shot at us for "Our State" or he's trying to rip off Dan.

He might as well just say- "Dear Mississippi, we don't think you produce enough talent so we have to go get mercenaries to represent you. But once we get everyone together, we all love each other."

Honestly, it would have been a lot more effective if he just said something like "we play out of love for each other" and left the stuff about Mississippi and the flagship stuff out because basically it doesn't make any sense with all the other stuff in there.

Todd,

You on "it" tonight, brutha?

nice.

DawgHouseUnited
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM
(Stolen from the pack, but it's a good discussion.)

Does this quote make any sense to anyone?

Did Freeze really say this?

Does A+B=P?

?There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it.?

― William James

thedawg
11-05-2014, 09:56 AM
That was taken from his pre game speech before his first egg bowl.. Its because our talk at that time was we had beaten them three straight years with the Jonathan Banks and Fletcher Cox's while Houston Nutt ignored the state of Mississippi and most all of their key players were out of state guys like Dexter McCluster and Brandon Bolden... It was also in response to their fan base's propaganda that the egg bowl didnt mean anything to their players because they were all from out of state but it was our super bowl. The quote made more sense when you heard the whole speech. Either way it was a bunch of bullshit because the egg bowl always matters to them. They have just been getting their ass kicked lately and are excuse makers. Also it makes zero sense in the context of Treadwell getting hurt and tweeting it out then.

jumbo
11-05-2014, 10:00 AM
was that before of after Dr. Bo bailed on his team early for the 2nd straight week?

LC Dawg
11-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Has anyone seen this? What is wrong with these people?

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/bo_zps9118b4ef.jpg

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Has anyone seen this? What is wrong with these people?

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/bo_zps9118b4ef.jpg

Well shit, I guess this solves it. We are 8-0 because we hate Ole Miss*