PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Possibilities

oildawg
11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
It seems that as things stand now (assuming no worse than 10-2), our current bowl possibilities are: Sugar (1 vs. 4), Rose (2 vs. 3), Orange, Cotton, Peach, Citrus & perhaps Outback?

I seen it dawg
11-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Sugar then Jerry's world

hailmari
11-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Sugar then Jerry's world

I was planning on taking a London/Dublin trip this spring, but <<<< Atlanta, New Orleans, and Dallas!

curmudgeon
11-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Outback is on the same level as Liberty, Music City, TaxSlayer, Belk and Houston bowls. We aren't going to the Outback. If we were to drop our final three, we'd end up in Liberty or Music City.

Also, the Sugar is NOT 1 vs. 4 and the Rose is not 2 vs. 3. The committee assigns those games. If it is MSU vs. Oregon in the 1-4 game, don't be surprised if we have to go to the Rose Bowl while FSU plays Auburn in the Sugar Bowl as the 2-3 game.

If we are a 1 loss team, we will most definitely be in a New Year's Six Game - Orange ($24 MM payout) if we are the top SEC team available, Cotton or Peach otherwise.

If we end up with 2 losses, I suspect Cotton or Peach ($20 MM bowl payouts this season) will be our destination - no lower than Citrus though.

Covercorner2
11-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Outback is on the same level as Liberty, Music City, TaxSlayer, Belk and Houston bowls. We aren't going to the Outback. If we were to drop our final three, we'd end up in Liberty or Music City.

Also, the Sugar is NOT 1 vs. 4 and the Rose is not 2 vs. 3. The committee assigns those games. If it is MSU vs. Oregon in the 1-4 game, don't be surprised if we have to go to the Rose Bowl while FSU plays Auburn in the Sugar Bowl as the 2-3 game.

If we are a 1 loss team, we will most definitely be in a New Year's Six Game - Orange ($24 MM payout) if we are the top SEC team available, Cotton or Peach otherwise.

If we end up with 2 losses, I suspect Cotton or Peach ($20 MM bowl payouts this season) will be our destination - no lower than Citrus though.

The committee assigns the games according to the #1 team's preference. If we are #1 we will obviously want to play in NOLA as opposed to Pasadena, and that is where we will play...

RossDawg82
11-04-2014, 05:46 PM
The committee assigns the games according to the #1 team's preference. If we are #1 we will obviously want to play in NOLA as opposed to Pasadena, and that is where we will play...
This is correct. The committee does not hand out locations. If we continue to win, you will find me with my dawgs at the Cats Meow in NOLA.

codeDawg
11-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Although it would mean an outcome of a game I don't want, I would absolutely love to go to the Rose Bowl from a personal perspective.

Schultzy
11-04-2014, 06:44 PM
I've made hotel reservations for all (Atlanta included) just in case. So hoping for the Sugar.