PDA

View Full Version : If I was an Ole Miss fan, I would be embarrassed buy the way that they are acting.

Jacksondevildog
11-04-2014, 11:13 AM
The ones that I talk to blame the officiating for having a "fix" in. They are never just beaten and admit that the better team won that day. Senquez Golson said that Auburn just made more plays than they did. Why do their fans not act the same way? I seriously work around Rebel fans that are intelligent, professional people and they never acknowledge that they just got beat. It's always some other reason why they lost. It's just simply unreal.

Case in point: "RebelJacob" called in on Out of Bounds this morning and said that Auburn ran 5 plays with 12 men on the field and scored on one of them. Multiple websites studied the tape and only found 1 play that resulted in an Artis-Payne 11-yard run/gain and no score. It's like their common sense is lost because they are talking about football.

Coach34
11-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Rebel Jacob???? He's full-blooded moron

Jacksondevildog
11-04-2014, 11:17 AM

No doubt, he is. But most of their fans that I know and listen to on the radio believe the same thing.

Westdawg
11-04-2014, 11:31 AM
i have a few that have conceded defeat.....but only a few. most are still spewing the company lines of:
"refs jobbed us"
"treadwell was horse-collared"
"they played too many men on that play"
"if Treadwell had crossed right there/not broken his leg, we would have won"

or a variety thereof.....welcome to the life of a Mississippi State fan for the past few years. It's called "Close ain't Close Enough"

State82
11-04-2014, 11:33 AM

You are being awful kind, Coach. He hasn't got the sense God gave a billy goat.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 11:33 AM
The ones that I talk to blame the officiating for having a "fix" in. They are never just beaten and admit that the better team won that day. Senquez Golson said that Auburn just made more plays than they did. Why do their fans not act the same way? I seriously work around Rebel fans that are intelligent, professional people and they never acknowledge that they just got beat. It's always some other reason why they lost. It's just simply unreal.

Case in point: "RebelJacob" called in on Out of Bounds this morning and said that Auburn ran 5 plays with 12 men on the field and scored on one of them. Multiple websites studied the tape and only found 1 play that resulted in an Artis-Payne 11-yard run/gain and no score. It's like their common sense is lost because they are talking about football.

Impossible... they went to Ole Miss

CadaverDawg
11-04-2014, 11:52 AM
How bout this one from a Bear fan on twitter...

":Which is a shame b/c we ultimately won that game the other night. Alabama will take our spot."

Yea, they are all saying "we ultimately won against Auburn". Only OM fans could be dumb enough to claim "ultimate victory" in a Real Loss. Smdh.

DudyDawg
11-04-2014, 11:53 AM
By*

SignalToNoise
11-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Check out RebelJacob here:

http://i.imgur.com/NiJ1eZI.gif

quickstrike2
11-04-2014, 12:16 PM
I also was told about the 5 occurrences of 12 men on the field. Where is the actually coming from? I have seen a few places showing the one play with 12 people on the field, but makes no reference to anymore.

TheRef
11-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I also was told about the 5 occurrences of 12 men on the field. Where is the actually coming from? I have seen a few places showing the one play with 12 people on the field, but makes no reference to anymore.

They keep exaggerating that. There was only one play with 12 players on the field that resulted in an 11-yard gain and no score. After that play, Auburn played with 11 players.

blacklistedbully
11-04-2014, 12:20 PM
How about the way they took a freeze frame from the Treadwell tackle at a point where the defender swiped his hand down, glancing past the facemask, and claimed it was a facemask, and the photo proved it. I'm certain the reason they didn't just show the video clip is because, from the video, you can tell the defender never grabbed the facemask.

But those morons believe they were robbed.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 12:24 PM
They keep exaggerating that. There was only one play with 12 players on the field that resulted in an 11-yard gain and no score. After that play, Auburn played with 11 players.

It's pretty sad that when you are attempting to gain sympathy, you have to make things up in order to make your story better.

TheRef
11-04-2014, 12:25 PM
How about the way they took a freeze frame from the Treadwell tackle at a point where the defender swiped his hand down, glancing past the facemask, and claimed it was a facemask, and the photo proved it. I'm certain the reason they didn't just show the video clip is because, from the video, you can tell the defender never grabbed the facemask.

But those morons believe they were robbed.

Then you have the "His ankle hit the ground so he was down" argument. Nooooo....ankles are considered part of the foot and is legal to touch the ground and keep going. Then you have the horse collar penalty that they wanted called, too bad that it was a perfectly legal tackle. Then you have them begging for helmet-to-helmet, but Treadwell was bent down and the player was already in the process of tackling and couldn't avoid contact, therefore no penalty. I'm about to just link the rule book for them and say "read this....then come back"

DawgHouseUnited
11-04-2014, 12:36 PM
How bout this one from a Bear fan on twitter...

":Which is a shame b/c we ultimately won that game the other night. Alabama will take our spot."

Yea, they are all saying "we ultimately won against Auburn". Only OM fans could be dumb enough to claim "ultimate victory" in a Real Loss. Smdh.

They claimed a Moral Victory last year when Bama beat them, didn't they?

TrapGame
11-04-2014, 01:04 PM
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10624599_1719776114914270_6907309227488343255_n.jp g?oh=f2e83e6cc3dd3fdc62413c42e4234165&oe=54DD160A

This is the crap that pisses me off. This is Jones cult kool-aid drinking crap.

smootness
11-04-2014, 01:10 PM
You know, Notre Dame also got 'jobbed' because an FSU player took his helmet off after their TD that was called back because of a pick. Guess what? Don't put yourself in that position and you won't get jobbed.

We took care of business against Auburn, and no 1 or 2 calls could have swung that game the other way.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 02:03 PM
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10624599_1719776114914270_6907309227488343255_n.jp g?oh=f2e83e6cc3dd3fdc62413c42e4234165&oe=54DD160A

this is the same loving fan base that said they were glad when Nick Bell died, made fun of it when Behr's uncle died the day before the egg bowl, that made fun of McRae's broken leg, that hasn't offered one peep of compassion about Tubby missing a majority of his Sr season after being our leading WR last year, and that yelled racial slurs at our players as recently as the 1990's.

LOVE.

thunderclap
11-04-2014, 02:07 PM

What. The. 17? So they are actively using Treadwell's injury to promote and recruit. Wow.

BossDawg
11-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I also was told about the 5 occurrences of 12 men on the field. Where is the actually coming from?

It's how they operate. The only verification they need for something to be fact is simply hearing from one other UMiss fan - credibility doesn't matter. It only takes a spark then it spreads like wildfire.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 02:10 PM
What. The. 17? So they are actively using Treadwell's injury to promote and recruit. Wow.

you sound surprised.

shannondawg
11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
I emailed my ole miss buddy this morning. That since I was told had two tds were called back against LSU and 12 men on the field Auburn, that their record should look like this.

7-2* * denotes moral victories.

Hope that eases the pain. Sorry we can't do anything about the slide in rankings as don't have a vote.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 02:26 PM
I emailed my ole miss buddy this morning. That since I was told had two tds were called back against LSU and 12 men on the field Auburn, that their record should look like this.

7-2* * denotes moral victories.

Hope that eases the pain. Sorry we can't do anything about the slide in rankings as don't have a vote.

college football playoff will probably rank them number one given the dire circumstances (12 men on the field and officiating) surrounding their moral victory.

DovaDawg
11-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Sweet Baby Jesus, I can take no more! I feel bad for Treadwell, sincerely I do. These dang Bear fans have more drama than a teenage girl who just lost prom queen. I just read some article about how some guy went home and cried because he knew he had just witnessed the darkest days of Ole Miss football. Marshall plane crash, that was a dark day. Chucky Mullins, dark day. Treadwell is a sucky day and shit happens, but the kid is going to play ball again. You want me to tell you what all this crap is? Ole Miss lost and was eliminated from the playoff picture, but MSU is still there. Behind the Treadwell story, they can mask all their fear and frustration that State is making their dunkin donut 1959 "national championship" completely irrelevant to any recent history. I hate that Treadwell was injured, but I do not recall any Ole Miss players hitting their knees and crying out in prayer when the Bama player was injured. Just admit what it is bear fans. This year was probably the best year for one of the Mississippi teams to make some noise and MSU stole your thunder. Treadwell will be back next year and if he does not make it back, at least Freeze has stressed the importance of education and that football is not guarenteed right?

Maroonthirteen
11-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Always some drama when they lose. Always!

I hope the Razorbacks crush them.

Thick
11-04-2014, 03:19 PM
B

Then ask them, "why didn't your coaches pointed out to the officials"? If they ran 1-5 plays in a row with 12 men shouldn't their coaching staff be held accountable too?

BulldogBear
11-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Finally got to watch the video. It was not even close to being a horse collar.

MagicDawg
11-04-2014, 03:53 PM
After 9/11, I specifically remember encountering a "friend" who observed to me that it was somehow unfair -- not that we had been attacked, no... but rather that Clinton had not been the president who had that opportunity (!) to be seen leading and inspiring the nation through the tragedy. It was as if he had been deprived the benefit of having the attack so that he could stand on a few piles of rubble for the photo-op.

Leaving aside all the political personalities and ideologies - my point is that there is a certain strain of people for whom any tragedy is less about how they handle it, and more about how they are SEEN as handling it. Never let a crisis go to waste, as it were.

I used the NCAA Surveillance System Summary to get some idea of collegiate football injury rates. (http://www.wou.edu/~kiddk/PE%20359/2013_Handbook/HealthCareAdmin/View_Read/Injury%20Rate%20&%20Patterns%20.%20.%20FOLDER/NCAA_InjurySurvey.pdf)

For injuries requiring 7 or more lost days, the NCAA football in-game injury rate is about 19 per 1000 athlete-exposures, and about 2.6 require surgery. 128 FBS teams * ~40 players per team might play each week = ~5120 athlete-exposures each week. So roughly 100 injuries a week, or about 13 potentially requiring surgery every week. Ten weeks in, there are probably over 100 FBS players who have had to have surgery following an in-game injury this season. How many get their own social media campaign?

No sane person is happy it the injury happened, or wishes ill will on the injured, etc. But to treat it as if it were the ultimate tragedy of the 2014 college football season? To accuse others of classlessness for not being appropriately sad? What, we haven't wailed, torn our robes, or gnashed our teeth enough? This stopped being about the kid's injury the moment someone decided they might get it to trend on Twitter or wring some sympathetic publicity out of it. For some really sad and twisted people, it sure seems like this injury is a convenient pile of rubble that will have to suffice in the absence of another Gameday.