PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone think Dak is injured?

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 08:56 AM
This caught my eye last night when watching the replay, but I forgot mention it.

Dak's actions and behavior after throwing the TD pass Ross doesn't seem indicative to me of someone who is injured. Bo Bounds keeps talking about how Dak is "injured" this morning. Robbie Faulk said he saw Dak at the complex yesterday and he had no limp at all.

Here is the video of Dak's TD pass to Ross and the aftermath. Particularly, pay attention to Dak doing the "high knees" and then jumping up high into Dillon Days arms and then landing.

Is this indicative of someone with a hurt ankle? He sure doesn't seem to be trying to protect anything.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11805908

I realized he was limping at the beginning of the game, but didn't Trey Flowers or someone late him on that play?

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Well it's nothing too serious (I hope), but he was definitely a bit gimpy. I don't know how you could argue otherwise.

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I know he has been/is hurt. The last two games he was limping during parts of both. How bad it is I don't know. I am not sure I would take that one play as a good indicator if how bad he may be hurt. He just threw the go ahead TD pass in the 4th quarter. He was understandibly excited and on a pretty good adrenalin rush. That would be enough to make you temporarily forget you have some pain in your ankle being caught up in the thrill of the moment. Now I don't think he is injured to the extent of missing game time because of it and at this time of season everybody is hurting to some degree. You just play through it. But he is such an integral part of our offense you are naturally concerned because if he does go down then our dream season just went down with him.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Well it's nothing too serious (I hope), but he was definitely a bit gimpy. I don't know how you could argue otherwise.

He did limp down the field early in the game. I get that, but I think he was hit late on that play. I'm just saying that the way he acted after the TD pass, indicates to me that, if Dak is injured, it is very very minor.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I know he has been/is hurt. The last two games he was limping during parts of both. How bad it is I don't know. I am not sure I would take that one play as a good indicator if how bad he may be hurt. He just threw the go ahead TD pass in the 4th quarter. He was understandibly excited and on a pretty good adrenalin rush. That would be enough to make you temporarily forget you have some pain in your ankle being caught up in the thrill of the moment. Now I don't think he is injured to the extent of missing game time because of it and at this time of season everybody is hurting to some degree. You just play through it. But he is such an integral part of our offense you are naturally concerned because if he does go down then our dream season just went down with him.

True, I guess I can see this to a certain extent. Still, it caught my eye in the game and made me feel more optimistic about Dak's health down the stretch

Coach34
11-04-2014, 09:05 AM
He limped off and on throughout the game. He could have gotten a pain shot at half for his ankle. He is not full speed right now

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 09:05 AM
difference between being banged up and injured.

DovaDawg
11-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Also as long as he was running North/South he looked good. There were a couple of runs where he got strung out East/West and seemed hesitant to plant and cut on the ankle. I think you are over analyzing the word injured. Dak was in a boot and visibly limping, therefore something was not completely right. I rolled my ankle on a trail run. I can still run on it, but lateral pressure results in pain. Therefore I have be cautious in my runs to ensure I don't do further injury. Am I injured? No. Am I 100%? Also no.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2014, 09:12 AM
difference between being banged up and injured.

Exactly. My wife is a massage therapist. Watching early in the game, with all the injury talk, etc. she said "I bet he has a deep bruise from that hit last week and some muscle strain from the spin. It will make it hard for him to get loose, but he will loosen up as the game goes on. He may limp some if he gets hit in those spots again." From what I saw, she was pretty spot on.

basedog
11-04-2014, 09:14 AM
He can run straight ahead ok, but he can't cut like he did earlier in the season. He rides the bike and runs in place on the sideline to keep his ankle loose. I'm saying he is about 75 to 85% of what he normally is. If you watched the KY game when he run late in the game on 4th down, he was running to the edge and he couldn't cut up quick enough to get the first down. That play was pretty obvious he wasn't right.

jalakin
11-04-2014, 09:15 AM
My father in law said that he went into the locker room early in the game and got injections. Which would explain him being injured but not acting injured.

msstate7
11-04-2014, 09:15 AM
He should do nothing but throw from the pocket this weekend. If he gets hit, the olineman responsible should get a public flogging

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Exactly. My wife is a massage therapist. Watching early in the game, with all the injury talk, etc. she said "I bet he has a deep bruise from that hit last week and some muscle strain from the spin. It will make it hard for him to get loose, but he will loosen up as the game goes on. He may limp some if he gets hit in those spots again." From what I saw, she was pretty spot on.

This may be the best explanation and may also explain why he was able to go all out on his TD pass celebration.

FWIW, I think he's slight nicked up as well, but I think people, Bo Bounds, are blowing this out of proportion. I expect him to be close to 100% against Bama

msstate7
11-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Someone get him some deer antler spray pronto!**

Really though I think he'll be fine

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2014, 09:38 AM
I still say sit him this week unless we have to have him. He won't win the Heisman against UT Martin. He COULD lose it, and we could lose a whole lot more, if he worsens the injury against them.

cheewgumm
11-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Watch that LSU run then compare to Arkansas game.

TheDogFather
11-04-2014, 09:41 AM
This caught my eye last night when watching the replay, but I forgot mention it.

Dak's actions and behavior after throwing the TD pass Ross doesn't seem indicative to me of someone who is injured. Bo Bounds keeps talking about how Dak is "injured" this morning. Robbie Faulk said he saw Dak at the complex yesterday and he had no limp at all.

Here is the video of Dak's TD pass to Ross and the aftermath. Particularly, pay attention to Dak doing the "high knees" and then jumping up high into Dillon Days arms and then landing.

Is this indicative of someone with a hurt ankle? He sure doesn't seem to be trying to protect anything.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11805908

I realized he was limping at the beginning of the game, but didn't Trey Flowers or someone late him on that play?

The boot might be a clue. Just saying.

RossDawg82
11-04-2014, 09:44 AM
How jealous are we that you are married to a massage therapist. What a life

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 09:47 AM
The boot might be a clue. Just saying.

He wears a boot every week. We had the same scare the week of the South Alabama game and we played LSU a week later

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-04-2014, 10:09 AM
He is clearly injured. All it takes is to watch our offensive gameplan for the first several drives last Saturday to understand that. No QB runs, Dak limping around, offense sputtering. They finally decided he HAD to run or we were in big trouble, so they forced it some. But, even then he didn't look 100% or nearly as explosive as he is at 100%. I'm not sure why you are questioning the fact that he is clearly nowhere near 100%.

And he needs to sit this weekend, period. Spend the next 10 days with the trainers to get ready for Bama.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2014, 10:15 AM
How jealous are we that you are married to a massage therapist. What a life
Keep in mind too, my front door is 15 minutes from pristine beach on the Atlantic Ocean..... (not that I am rubbing it in or anything).

CadaverDawg
11-04-2014, 10:16 AM
He is clearly injured. All it takes is to watch our offensive gameplan for the first several drives last Saturday to understand that. No QB runs, Dak limping around, offense sputtering. They finally decided he HAD to run or we were in big trouble, so they forced it some. But, even then he didn't look 100% or nearly as explosive as he is at 100%. I'm not sure why you are questioning the fact that he is clearly nowhere near 100%.

And he needs to sit this weekend, period. Spend the next 10 days with the trainers to get ready for Bama.

This^

HoopsDawg
11-04-2014, 10:21 AM
He did limp down the field early in the game. I get that, but I think he was hit late on that play. I'm just saying that the way he acted after the TD pass, indicates to me that, if Dak is injured, it is very very minor.

You don't wear a boot for 4 days straight if you are healthy.

Goat Holder
11-04-2014, 10:35 AM
What a perfect example of a thread full of people who have no clue what's going on. It starts with you ShotgunDawg. Might want to quit posting, you'll look like an ever bigger moron Saturday.

First of all, I present this (and this is without taking into account true inside information):

Why does everyone think Dak is injured?

He did limp down the field early in the game. I get that,....

Two comments from the same guy, in the same thread.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-04-2014, 10:35 AM
It's obvious that something isn't right with him, but he's been in the boot all year. Everyone was concerned earlier in the year that he may miss a game eventually, but he's hung in there. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out after the season that he was playing with a micro fracture or something like that, which would only lead to his legend even more...

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
What a perfect example of a thread full of people who have no clue what's going on. It starts with you ShotgunDawg. Might want to quit posting, you'll look like an ever bigger moron Saturday.

First of all, I present this (and this is without taking into account true inside information):

Do you have a spare tire I can borrow?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rff8VtAZWlI/maxresdefault.jpg

MarketingBully01
11-04-2014, 10:46 AM

This is pure bull shit logic. Dan had the same game plan vs Southern Miss. How many runs did Dak have against Southern Miss?..he didn't start running until the second half of the UAB game basically. You can't go by Dan's gameplan at all. He has been really focusing on having Dak as a pocket passer almost the full year. Dak didn't start limping in that game until Flowers sorry ass hands to the faced late hit him. Watch the game again.....

State82
11-04-2014, 10:47 AM
The fourth and short that we failed to get was definitely not vintage Dak either. Something's amiss but one thing's for sure. We won't know what it is any time soon.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 10:48 AM

By the way, I love when people who know nothing talk about everything they know. I also feel for people that never question anything in life and just go along with the crowd.

Dak is likely sore, but, as you can clearly see from the video I posted, this isn't some season threatening or catastrophic injury.

Goat Holder
11-04-2014, 10:58 AM
By the way, I love when people who know nothing talk about everything they know. I also feel for people that never question anything in life and just go along with the crowd.

Again, just stop posting on this subject. It won't end well for your interweb self esteem.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Again, just stop posting on this subject. It won't end well for your interweb self esteem.

OK

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bfT5p2KYcJo/maxresdefault.jpg

blacklistedbully
11-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Speaking from a former athlete's perspective, it is not at all unusual to be injured, yet be able to jump up like Dak did to celebrate. The pain is still there, it's just that you can put it out of your mind at times. Also, once you get running, often the pain is felt less. Often the pain is felt more when you're going slow, or just getting moving.

Take walking versus sprinting. Your muscle use is a little different walking, or initiating a run than it is once you've got yourself moving at speed. I suspect it has a lot to do with inertia. There's less muscle resistance at speed, especially "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.

At least that's my opinion.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-04-2014, 11:12 AM
This is pure bull shit logic. Dan had the same game plan vs Southern Miss. How many runs did Dak have against Southern Miss?..he didn't start running until the second half of the UAB game basically. You can't go by Dan's gameplan at all. He has been really focusing on having Dak as a pocket passer almost the full year. Dak didn't start limping in that game until Flowers sorry ass hands to the faced late hit him. Watch the game again.....

Really? How about I use my eyes and watch the UK game where I saw that he got banged up in the second half, then watch the first quarter of the Arky game where he still looked banged up and we went super conservative as a result, and perhaps I can just do the math. You know, sometimes 2 + 2, really does just equal 4. Occam's Razor and all...

Also, I wasn't aware that Arkansas and USM/UAB were on the same level. Thanks for that bit of knowledge; I can now successfully hold my own in conversations at work and the bar without looking like a fool! Dak is not 100%, and I don't know why it's such a big deal to admit that. He clearly got hurt against UK, and I can remember the hit he took that started him limping in that game and had me thinking "oh no". And yes, we went super conservative to start the game, but it was because he is not 100%. Do you really think we are going to mess around with a decent SEC team otherwise? Absolutely not! If he was 100%, we'd have come out guns blazing, built a lead and THEN let him work on his "pocket passer game". Nowhere am I saying that our star QB has a catastrophic injury that will derail our season, either. Get him some rest and further treatment and hopefully he will be 100% by Bama.

Thick
11-04-2014, 11:14 AM
He's hurt....period. Last week's Tuesday's practice was not good at all. DAK was hurting, and the practices got a little better for him as the week progressed, but he's hurting for sure.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Speaking from a former athlete's perspective, it is not at all unusual to be injured, yet be able to jump up like Dak did to celebrate. The pain is still there, it's just that you can put it out of your mind at times. Also, once you get running, often the pain is felt less. Often the pain is felt more when you're going slow, or just getting moving.

Take walking versus sprinting. Your muscle use is a little different walking, or initiating a run than it is once you've got yourself moving at speed. I suspect it has a lot to do with inertia. There's less muscle resistance at speed, especially "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.

Good post. Again, I'm not making any claims. It just caught my eye while watching the replay and thought it would be a good discussion.

I could be completely wrong, but I kinda of get the feeling the some posters want Dak to be dinged up so that they can create an excuse for some of his mistakes the last few games. Personally, I'd rather him be healthy, because I know we will need a healthy Dak in Tuscaloosa, and the healthier he is now, the more likely he will be healthy in Tuscaloosa.

I'm probably wrong though.

HoopsDawg
11-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I could be completely wrong, but I kinda of get the feeling the some posters want Dak to be dinged up so that they can create an excuse for some of his mistakes the last few games. Personally, I'd rather him be healthy, because I know we will need a healthy Dak in Tuscaloosa, and the healthier he is now, the more likely he will be healthy in Tuscaloosa.

I'm probably wrong though.

Wow, that is an unbelievable statement. You must have taken stupid pills this morning.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Wow, that is an unbelievable statement. You must have taken stupid pills this morning.

Don't get defensive

MarketingBully01
11-04-2014, 11:24 AM

My point is that you can't go by Dan Mullen's play calling. I think that the Kentucky game was overblown as far as how injured he was. I think the illegal hit by Flowers was bad too. Hey, yes he is dinged up but who isn't at this time. Personally, he should only play one quarter vs UTM to get a few stats then rest for Bama but I think people are making a bigger deal about his injury then there needs to be. Just my opinion as well.

Goat Holder
11-04-2014, 11:36 AM
I could be completely wrong............I'm probably wrong though.

Germans, moon, etc.

mstatefan91
11-04-2014, 11:37 AM

Goat says he knows stuff. Goat does not post stuff.

Goat gonna Goat

turkish
11-04-2014, 11:42 AM
I didn't see him plant his left foot in the ground to throw the ball all night. He's not right. That he threw for 300yds just speaks to how great he is.

mstatefan91
11-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I didn't see him plant his left foot in the ground to throw the ball all night. He's not right. That he threw for 300yds just speaks to how great he is.

There are several plays where he plants his left foot. That being said, he is obviously banged up. Nobody on this board actually knows to what extent, and anyone who acts like they do is blowing smoke up your ass for attention.

headcoach98
11-04-2014, 12:22 PM
He's definitely injured, it's very noticeable when he runs east/west.

Goat Holder
11-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Goat says he knows stuff. Goat does not post stuff.

Goat gonna Goat

If I posted the info I have, then I wouldn't receive the info I have anymore, correct?

Worry less about your net self-worth, bro. Not that big of a deal.

I seen it dawg
11-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Everybody this time of year is nicked up. He's taken some good shots the last few weeks.

smootness
11-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Why are people pointing to the fact that he only started limping after Flowers hit him as evidence that he isn't hurting? He's been hit plenty hard before and gotten right back up, like early in the A&M game. The hit by Flowers clearly triggered some soreness for him, soreness that he was likely already dealing with. That doesn't mean he isn't hurting; in fact it's clear evidence that he is.

The fact that he got better throughout the week is a good sign, and hopefully over the next 2 weeks he can get back to where he was during our stretch of awesomeness. We definitely will need him to be at that level. I'm guessing even if he's not 100% for Bama, he'll go all out; we just can't afford to lose him.

mstatefan91
11-04-2014, 01:48 PM
If I posted the info I have, then I wouldn't receive the info I have anymore, correct?

Worry less about your net self-worth, bro. Not that big of a deal.

Worry less about yours. Your one of the few that runs around on the message board acting like you know what's going on just to inflate your little message board ego. Then you never say what is actually going on until gameday when everybody knows anyway. You go "see I told you so." No, you didn't tell us anything. You alluded to knowing something while never posting what it was to boost your own self importance.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I saw him get his knee hit on one of those long runs aginst KY and he has been limping ever since. I am not sure if it is anckle or knee.

I seen it dawg
11-04-2014, 04:58 PM
There are several plays where he plants his left foot. That being said, he is obviously banged up. Nobody on this board actually knows to what extent, and anyone who acts like they do is blowing smoke up your ass for attention.

I. Seen. It.

AgDawg
11-04-2014, 05:12 PM
The story I heard at the tailgate before game was that former players who were at practice said he was hurting really bad but yeah he shouldn't play one down Saturday.

Aces High
11-04-2014, 05:54 PM
He's hurt....period. Last week's Tuesday's practice was not good at all. DAK was hurting, and the practices got a little better for him as the week progressed, but he's hurting for sure.

Yep. I wouldnt play him at all saturday and depending on what happens at bama, Id sit him for vandy too.

mstatefan91
11-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Amazing how this has turned from "just limit his play Saturday" to "sit him Saturday" to "well maybe we should sit him for Vandy too depending on Bama".

I expect Dak to start Saturday. I do not expect him to have more than 5 series the entire game though

MarketingBully01
11-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Amazing how this has turned from "just limit his play Saturday" to "sit him Saturday" to "well maybe we should sit him for Vandy too depending on Bama".

I expect Dak to start Saturday. I do not expect him to have more than 5 series the entire game though

He is playing at least the first half Saturday. Everyone is blowing this crap out of proportion. The kid is tough. He will play lead us to some TDs and will sit in the second half in preparation for the Bama game on Saturday. He is not injured. He is nicked up with bumps and bruises. There is a huge difference. We will be fine.

TheDogFather
11-04-2014, 10:50 PM
He wears a boot every week. We had the same scare the week of the South Alabama game and we played LSU a week later

OK. Dak wears a boot every week just to throw everyone off. Cool. What other nuggets of wisdom you got there?

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 10:52 PM
By the way, both Rosebowl and Robbie Faulk confirmed today that Dak was walking around without a limp and without a boot.

smootness
11-04-2014, 10:57 PM
By the way, both Rosebowl and Robbie Faulk confirmed today that Dak was walking around without a limp and without a boot.

I hope he's fine. But this is not based on a boot or a limp. It's based on the fact that he wasn't as quick or agile as normal against Arkansas.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 11:20 PM
I hope he's fine. But this is not based on a boot or a limp. It's based on the fact that he wasn't as quick or agile as normal against Arkansas.

Yeah, I don't know. I guess no boot and no limp is a positive start. I would assume two weeks without limp or boot could land Dak close to 100%

mstatefan91
11-04-2014, 11:32 PM
I didn't see him in a boot the week before kentucky walking around campus but then he was wearing it the week leading up to arkansas. Kinda weird he isn't wearing one now after all the limping he did against arkansas.

But a positive is a positive.

Goat will tell us we are all stupid and that he has inside info soon.

msstate7
11-04-2014, 11:34 PM
I didn't see him in a boot the week before kentucky walking around campus but then he was wearing it the week leading up to arkansas. Kinda weird he isn't wearing one now after all the limping he did against arkansas.

But a positive is a positive.

Goat will tell us we are all stupid and that he has inside info soon.

So no boot now?

mstatefan91
11-04-2014, 11:41 PM
So no boot now?
That's what shotgun is telling us via Rosebowl and robbie Faulk

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 11:53 PM

Correct, it has been confirmed by multiple sources that he is not worrying a boot.

Here is the video tonight of Dak actually saying that he isn't wearing a boot this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou0AYGStK7s

cheewgumm
11-05-2014, 12:02 AM
This selection process is veering off the road of you ask me, when you have teams in the same conference with equal losses and head to head is meaningless.

I think what you ae gonna get is " we just think they're better, so we ranked them higher." To me, that is what Ole Miss is getting now. The committee just thinks they're better.

Herbie just thinks Bama is good. They ar starting to introduce the eye test.... Yikes if you ask me.

I wish they would just go straight computer... Humans can't be trusted.

msstate7
11-05-2014, 12:05 AM

Good

Dawg61
11-05-2014, 01:25 AM

We are competing for playoff contention. Dak can't sit until the game is comfortably out of hand. He's going to have to do that passing it and the offensive line is just going to have to suck it up and MAKE SURE he doesn't get touched.

BLITZII
11-05-2014, 09:11 AM
This^

This ^ too

Sit Dak for the homecoming game.

mstatefan91
11-05-2014, 01:23 PM
This ^ too

Sit Dak for the homecoming game.

This is a joke right? Dak isn't wearing a boot this week but we should sit him?

Some of you need to relax

mstatefan91
11-09-2014, 03:06 AM

I want it noted how wrong Goat was about "inside information."

Yeah I'm dragging up old stuff, but this is telling as to the type of poster Goat really is. Sue me if you disagree

Goat Holder
11-09-2014, 10:24 AM
I want it noted how wrong Goat was about "inside information."

Yeah I'm dragging up old stuff, but this is telling as to the type of poster Goat really is. Sue me if you disagree

Prepare to get sued. Even ESPN knows Dak was hurt:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400548345

But the Prescott run was arguably the most important play -- showing that the centerpiece of the Bulldogs' offense is reasonably healthy as the program makes a final push for its first Southeastern Conference title since 1941.

Prescott had battled a left ankle injury over the past few weeks, occasionally wearing a protective boot around the football complex. He moved gingerly on the ankle in a win over Arkansas one week ago, but didn't seem bothered by it on Saturday.

Are you still attempting to deny Prescott was hurt? My 'inside information' was and still is 100% true. I think you are more concerned with one-upping me than you are the truth.

Carry on, boy.

MarketingBully01
11-09-2014, 11:40 AM

Are you still attempting to deny Prescott was hurt? My 'inside information' was and still is 100% true. I think you are more concerned with one-upping me than you are the truth.

Carry on, boy.

With the way Dak played yesterday, bringing this thread up is stupid as ****. Dak didn't limp, didn't walk gingerly and cut and had a big run yesterday. I think it's safe to say he will be close to 100% against Bama....

RougeDawg
11-09-2014, 11:56 AM
With the way Dak played yesterday, bringing this thread up is stupid as ****. Dak didn't limp, didn't walk gingerly and cut and had a big run yesterday. I think it's safe to say he will be close to 100% against Bama....

Unless the campus "Shin Kicker" re-emerges.**

mstatefan91
11-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Carry on, boy.

You know very well that you insinuated that Dak wasn't going to play this weekend or at the least that he'd be limited.

Dak looked fine this past Saturday. I'm not saying he wasn't hurt. Everyone knew he was banged up. I'm pointing out the type of arrogant bull sh*t you put out there to inflate your own ego. You love feeling like you one upped someone even if all you did was spew bull sh*t about some kind of insider information.

Everyone knew Dak was banged up. You tried to act like there was more to it. There wasn't and he played like he was healthy yesterday.