PDA

View Full Version : 1985 baseball team and others of influence.

bulldogcountry1
11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Kudos to whoever orchestrated that gathering. It was like being a kid again looking at all the pictures and articles from the weekend. While I'm sure some of these guys have been onboard for a while, I imagine it's been tough for Cohen to sell his different philosophy to many of the former players who were big Polk/Raffo supporters. Between making it to the CWS finals and announcing the new stadium, it would be tough not to put aside any hard feelings and be a part of something that was already special going to the next level.

The timing seems perfect with the buzz of the football team and the new baseball stadium announcement. Its a great time to get all the influential guys like Polk and Grisham involved again. I know Clark and Raffy have always helped to an extent, but seeing them together and enjoying themselves is huge.

I may be overstating things, but, for as much baseball history as we have, a lot of it is has been going to waste with hard feelings and picking sides. Winning and time heals a lot of wounds. Imagine if we can just get all these guys pulling in the same direction.