PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert & Griffin

justwin
11-03-2014, 10:14 PM
How many combined carries do they get this weekend?

How many should they get?

I say 24 and 35

what say you?

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I think we need to focus on beating TN Martin. I personally don't like how everyone is talking about sitting everyone and basically making the assumption that TN Martin isn't going to practice or show up this week.

We need to start all of our starters, not call many Dak running plays, and go full blow until we feel like the game is wrapped up. You simply can't take these types of risks.

If the team knows that Dak isn't going to play then how does that effect how they prepare this week, knowing that the coaches aren't even taking this game seriously?

I agree that Shump and Griff should get many carries, but I don't even want to think about this type of stuff until MSU has a lead in the game that justifies this happening.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I think we need to focus on beating TN Martin. I personally don't like how everyone is talking about sitting everyone and basically making the assumption that TN Martin isn't going to practice or show up this week.

We need to start all of our starters, not call many Dak running plays, and go full blow until we feel like the game is wrapped up. You simply can't take these types of risks.

If the team knows that Dak isn't going to play then how does that effect how they prepare this week, knowing that the coaches aren't even taking this game seriously?

I agree that Shump and Griff should get many carries, but I don't even want to think about this type of stuff until MSU has a lead in the game that justifies this happening.

I disagree. We should all be looking towards Bama. We're #1. We ain't worrying about no stinkin UT Martin. Besides, we aren't playing and Mullen will prep for them.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 10:44 PM
I disagree. We should all be looking towards Bama. We're #1. We ain't worrying about no stinkin UT Martin. Besides, we aren't playing and Mullen will prep for them.

Yeah, I'm just not comfortable with overlooking people. Nothing good comes from it.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I'm just not comfortable with overlooking people. Nothing good comes from it.

If we were players, I would agree. Fans always look ahead. I guarantee you the team isn't skipping over preparation for UT Martin. That being said, if we can't sleepwalk and still beat UTM, we might as well stay at home for the Bama weekend.

bulldawg28
11-03-2014, 10:50 PM
45 carries between the 2.

shannondawg
11-03-2014, 10:51 PM
"We" might be overlooking em, but I bet the coaches are not and not letting the players either. It ain't "our" asses on the line.

Intramural All-American
11-03-2014, 10:54 PM

The #1 team in the country does not lose to an FCS school. Period.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM
The #1 team in the country does not lose to an FCS school. Period.

I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm excited for Bama as well and can't wait to talk about it for 20 hours a day next week, but I just don't believe now is the time to do it. We need to take care of TN Martin and watch Bama vs LSU on Saturday night.

Once we have a 3 score lead on TN Martin, then my focus will be completely on Bama. I'm ready, but we need to take care of business first.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 11:04 PM
We could play the 1B's the entire game and win this one by 30. Kentucky beat this team by 45 points...If we dont spend at least 1 day prepping for Bama then we are stupid.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 11:05 PM
They are a robust 5-5 in the lower division- and is exactly why they were scheduled the week before Bammer

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 11:19 PM
They are a robust 5-5 in the lower division- and is exactly why they were scheduled the week before Bammer

With one win over D-2 Cumberland College.

Sacrifice
11-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Brandon Holloway will get 35 carries up the middle.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Dan will start the starters like normal. I think the biggest difference will be that Dak won't be asked to run a lot. And really, we should focus on his passing in this game more than anything anyway. We've got to get Bear back in sync. If Jameon is healthy, we could get him some action. I think we need to try to involve Shumpert some in the run game as well as maybe Griffen. We really do need to get Damien some reps as well.

We already play two strings on defense as it is.

messageboardsuperhero
11-03-2014, 11:47 PM

Lord... Everyone on the team could go out drinking the night before, and we could play the third strings all game- And we'd still win by multiple TDs.

UT-Martin starts a 175 pound LB- a ****ing 175 pound LINEBACKER. Against UK, they started a 230 pound offensive guard.

Our team's entire focus needs to be on Alabama. This Saturday will be a glorified scrimmage.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Lord... Everyone on the team could go out drinking the night before, and we could play the third strings all game- And we'd still win by multiple TDs.

UT-Martin starts a 175 pound LB- a ****ing 175 pound LINEBACKER. Against UK, they started a 230 pound offensive guard.

Our team's entire focus needs to be on Alabama. This Saturday will be a glorified scrimmage.

WOW, I didn't realize they were this putrid

Todd4State
11-04-2014, 12:37 AM

I feel bad for that guard when he has to go up Nick James and Chris Jones. Especially when he thinks "oh good, they're putting the back ups in."

justwin
11-04-2014, 02:21 AM
45 carries between the 2.

Nice, Each should go over a hundred