PDA

View Full Version : Surely I'm not the only one...

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 07:00 PM
....That has that "We are" feeling in the back of my mind telling me that we will lose to Bama and OM, am I? We are 1 win away from a SEC Championship appearance against a team we are better than, and a trip to the first ever College Football Playoff against a field we can beat. If we beat Bama we also likely have our first ever Heisman trophy winner. Is this too good to be true? This is freaking amazing. I think it's just now sinking in that we are a win away from something I never dreamed possible at MSU.

If there is ever a team that can go in to Bama and get it done, it's OUR team. Could we be 2 weeks away from the best moment in Mississippi State history? Think about it. Think about how you will feel if 2 weeks from today we are 10-0 and have just beaten Bama in T-Town. Just close your eyes and think about it. Oh my.

LiterallyPolice
11-03-2014, 07:09 PM
No... I refuse! I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

Relevant Shawshank Quote: Hope is dangerous thing. Drive a man insane.

Jack Lambert
11-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Stop thinking like a Miss State fan. I am going to tell you what I believe. We are better than Alabama. Who have they played? Ole Miss and lost to them but Ole Miss lost to LSU and Auburn, two teams we smashed. They beat tenn by 14 and allowed a third team QB put 20 on them. They almost lost to Arkansas. The only games they have just looked good in are Florida, Florida Atlantic, USM and a A&M team that just got wasks by State and Ole Miss. Non of those teams would looke good against us. They are not as good as us. Simms has not looked good against good defenses. I think he is not very smart as a QB and he get rattle easy.

As for Ole Miss they will be deplented and nothing to play for when we go there.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 07:21 PM
At this point 10-2 is our floor. All we can do is take it one game at a time. But I would feel better if our offense and Dak were clicking right now.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 07:23 PM
At this point 10-2 is our floor. All we can do is take it one game at a time. But I would feel better if our offense and Dak were clicking right now.

Totally agree Todd

LC Dawg
11-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I wish we played Bama tomorrow. I know we need the rest and need LSU to beat up on Bama but the anticipation is killing me. All these years I've been wondering what this feels like. It feels good to drink to celebrate instead of to drown sorrows.

SDDawg
11-03-2014, 07:29 PM
If any of us had been told to start the season that 10-2 would be our floor, that we'd be #1 for 5 straight weeks heading into play Bama and that we'd be the first team in the history of college football to be the #1 seed in the playoff poll, I don't think we'd have believed it. The narrative has changed, it's time to go with it and embrace it.

Jack Lambert
11-03-2014, 07:30 PM
You thought our O-Line was fired up for LSU, Auburn just wait until bama. They are going to put on a clinic on how to beat Bama d-line. State will be fired up on both sides of the line. Remember how well they played last year? We we are way better than last year and Bama is not the same Bama of past.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 07:32 PM

I'm glad we aren't clicking right now. You can't play well every game and we will be due for a breakout performance against Bama.

This team is different. They have a calmness and confidence that I've never seen in an MSU team. This year "We believe" has been replaced by "We know"

Bama is in for all sorts of hell when we go in there. This team is building towards it. After the Auburn game, a new season started and just like the first 3 games of the year, we are building again towards a big game.

I'm not worried in the least. We have surpassed the mental grind/mentally challenging portion of the schedule.

We are the Marathon runner that got off to a good start, got tired, beat up, and thought about quitting in the middle part of the race, but a funny thing happened. Once you reach a certain point, you begin to see the finish line. You no longer have to pace yourself, worry about injury, or concern yourself with your running form, your breathing, or any of the technical stuff that bogs you down. All you have to worry about is finishing.

This team is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and what was once a dream or idea has become a reality. We are about to catch our 2nd wind

Second wind
Second wind is a phenomenon in distance running, such as marathons or road running (as well as other sports), whereby an athlete who is too out of breath and tired to continue suddenly finds the strength to press on at top performance with less exertion.

AlmostPositive
11-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Has anything not gone according to a fantasy /planetary-alignment script so far this season?

Consensus Number One
No losses
LSU and Auburn humbled
Ole Miss hopes raised and dashed
Non-stop national publicity
Negligible SEC-E opponent in Atlanta

The only course of events consistent with all this is a win in Tuscaloosa and a guaranteed spot in the SECC game, and two more wins after that. Would be one of the great sports stories in years.

The only downside would be another "meaningless" Egg Bowl

Saltydog
11-03-2014, 07:33 PM
us. They could potentially knock us outta the SEC West Championship and subsequently a trip to Atlanta for the conference championship and possibly a berth in the CFB playoffs. Oh, they could be 0-11 coming into this game and have EVERYTHING to play for.

Miss. Stake
11-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Stop thinking like a Miss State fan. I am going to tell you what I believe. We are better than Alabama. Who have they played? Ole Miss and lost to them but Ole Miss lost to LSU and Auburn, two teams we smashed. They beat tenn by 14 and allowed a third team QB put 20 on them. They almost lost to Arkansas. The only games they have just looked good in are Florida, Florida Atlantic, USM and a A&M team that just got wasks by State and Ole Miss. Non of those teams would looke good against us. They are not as good as us. Simms has not looked good against good defenses. I think he is not very smart as a QB and he get rattle easy.

As for Ole Miss they will be deplented and nothing to play for when we go there.

Yep.

gravedigger
11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Yes you are. And dont call me Shirley. #couldntresist

Dawgcentral
11-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Like everyone, for me it's all about the Bama game. And my main concern at this point is having everyone healthy to give us a big shot at taking a lead and stunning those people early. I'm hoping for a repeat of the LSU scenario when we went in there as the team they never expected to see.

But I'll be honest, even though some may believe I'm full of it. I always thought we could do this. When we made the Croom hire, I was lobbying for Urban Meyer at Utah, even though I thought he was seeking the NDame job. Along with others, I was tired of the "bear protege" following that we'd constantly tracked. When we hired Mullen I had hope, especially when he said he wanted a bigger # of receivers to rotate constantly. He has that now, and I believe the pieces are in place.

Remember "Spread the Fun"? We've arrived. But it's still a he'll of a task ahead of us. My enthusiasm remains tempered. I remember the late 90's and the total collapse of the team built on defense, only to fall due to our enemies off of the field. I'm still hopeful, as I will always be.

TUSK
11-03-2014, 07:39 PM

I'm not sure this is accurate... Sims has had one "bad" game and it was his first road game as QB... now, I will agree that our SOS and the defenses we've played aren't "top shelf", though....

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure this is accurate... Sims has had one "bad" game and it was his first road game as QB... now, I will agree that our SOS and the defenses we've played aren't "top shelf", though....

He played well at Arkansas?

At Ole Miss he was 19/31 for 228 0 TDs and 1 INT

at Arkansas he was 11/21 for 161 2TD and 0 INTs

Looks to me like you guys don't ask him to do much at all.

AlmostPositive
11-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Ole Miss will be wounded and deflated, but they be trying to "win one for 'Quon" or some such. They may be able get hyper-motivated out of desperation like Florida did Saturday. If Tunsil and some of their other high-profile mercenaries don't play, though, they're probably cooked. Look for a major implosion if they drop their game in Fayettenam.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Yes you are. And dont call me Shirley. #couldntresist

You win! I was waiting to see if anyone jumped on that

TUSK
11-03-2014, 07:54 PM
He played well at Arkansas?

At Ole Miss he was 19/31 for 228 0 TDs and 1 INT

at Arkansas he was 11/21 for 161 2TD and 0 INTs

Looks to me like you guys don't ask him to do much at all.

you're dead on... with our D, I'll take 161 yards 2 TDs and no picks from our QB, any day....

DLGDawg
11-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I agree salty. We will either be the west champs or playing for it. We WILL be their Super Bowl.

us. They could potentially knock us outta the SEC West Championship and subsequently a trip to Atlanta for the conference championship and possibly a berth in the CFB playoffs. Oh, they could be 0-11 coming into this game and have EVERYTHING to play for.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 08:02 PM

Exactly. At this point they are hoping to ruin our season.

They know that they only way they win a championship is for to lose to Alabama and Vanderbilt. And even Ole Miss fans aren't delusional enough to believe that we're going to lose to Vandy.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 08:03 PM
....That has that "We are" feeling in the back of my mind telling me that we will lose to Bama and OM, am I? think about it. Oh my.

I'm kinda glad you feel like that. You've also felt like there is no way Ole Missus was going to lose the last 2 weeks. And didnt feel like Auburn would put 500 yards of offense on them. Felt like our OL was not very good...we were loaded at RB...etc

You need to stay in that zone

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 08:17 PM
you're dead on... with our D, I'll take 161 yards 2 TDs and no picks from our QB, any day....

Won't be enough against us, Tusk. Not this year

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm kinda glad you feel like that. You've also felt like there is no way Ole Missus was going to lose the last 2 weeks. And didnt feel like Auburn would put 500 yards of offense on them. Felt like our OL was not very good...we were loaded at RB...etc

You need to stay in that zone

You know I'm the king of superstition.

Never said "loaded at RB" though. Although having JRob alone is pretty "loaded" these days...and Dak as our #2

Percho
11-03-2014, 08:24 PM
No... I refuse! I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

Relevant Shawshank Quote: Hope is dangerous thing. Drive a man insane.

Hope is a good thing.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2014, 08:27 PM
My take on this is to take it one game at a time. We play UT Martin this week. I'm gonna go to the game and enjoy it. I'm also gonna enjoy the break from the tension this week. That's my plan anyway.

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah I'm sick of hearing that Cad. As the season has played out, I have become more confident that we win in Tuscaloosa and Oxford. They laughed at our effort last time. But I believe we are better than in 2012 and 1999. We are going to pull it off.

JRob by ground..
Dak through the air.
Psycho defense gets us there.

TUSK
11-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Won't be enough against us, Tusk. Not this year

yeah, the 2/0 TD/INT would be enough, but I'd need Blake to throw for 225ish to feel like his performance would give us a sure win.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
yeah, the 2/0 TD/INT would be enough, but I'd need Blake to throw for 225ish to feel like his performance would give us a sure win.

Ha, nope, the 2 TD's won't be enough either. Gonna need 4, cause your RB's ain't scoring any.

Dallas_Dawg
11-03-2014, 09:22 PM
You know I'm the king of superstition.

Never said "loaded at RB" though. Although having JRob alone is pretty "loaded" these days...and Dak as our #2

I'm pretty sure everybody before the season thought we were "loaded at RB" before the season started.
C34, you said in training camp that you heard that Shump was oh so close to passing JRob on the depth chart. It really is disappointing that we don't have a go-to number 2 after what we thought we had coming into the season. We all thought A train would get some carries but Mullen wants to save him for some reason.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure everybody before the season thought we were "loaded at RB" before the season started.
C34, you said in training camp that you heard that Shump was oh so close to passing JRob on the depth chart. It really is disappointing that we don't have a go-to number 2 after what we thought we had coming into the season. We all thought A train would get some carries but Mullen wants to save him for some reason.

Griffen is our go to number two. And he's pretty good at it.

Shumpert missed some practices early on and that gets you in the dog house. He'll straighten up though- other players have been in the dog house for a year and then if they straighten up it will all be good.