PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning...errrr...Monday afternoon QB- Pork Rind Edition

Coach34
11-03-2014, 05:06 PM
1. We got heavy into the bourbon at the tailgate....too much partying and talking- not enough watching. It was fun partying with 2 members of State's 1996 Final Four team. Lots of fun talk about Williams, Stands, etc....

2. I encourage everyone to stop and eat at Cappe's when you get a chance. Great dude and the steaks are damn good.

3. I apologize to the Blue Hairs sitting in front of me in section 116. I cuss alot-especially when we arent playing well. Sorry.

4. To the lady that begged for an Elitedawg cup- enjoy. You can find them on GTHOM.biz

5. Dakota's pass to JRob was a really good one-even though JRob had to one hand it. JRob's height makes it tough to get it to him sometimes- Dakota put it exactly where he needed to. Great job by both of them on that play. Otherwise, Dakota didnt play well at all.

6. Too many stalemate's by us against their OL. Ask the old couple what I thought about PJ Jones Saturday.

7. Jackie Wayne is right- you dont get up for every game every week in football. Your body gets tired, your emotions run hot and cold...sometimes your tank is full and sometimes it's 3/4's....We certainly havent been "up" for these last two games. I'm not sure if it's just the flow of the season- or could the pressure of being #1 be getting to us? When you are #1 like we are- there are more demands on your time. More interviews, more people wanting a piece of you...you have to have a good leader and good structure for time management in these situations. Could we be falling prey to demands people are making of us? Shit, we have managers getting interviewed these days for stories- everybody wants some of us. It's time to refocus and get ready for Bammer.

8. Saturday will be the 1st time in State history we have ever been 9-0. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT530ioehdU

DudyDawg
11-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Not sure it's fair to say dak "didn't play well at all". The picks were bad, real bad, but other than that he was 18-27 on a bad front leg and still made the big, game winning play on the run to hit Fred and I believe the 3rd and 10 run for 12 yards to set up joshs td. He set his career high, also. Still wasn't great, but think you were a little unfair there.

Other than that, I agree. Chris jones has come on strong the past few games on the line

thunderclap
11-03-2014, 05:13 PM
I agree with 7 and anyone who has played gets this. I also get its time to turn it back up and slam the door we've opened for ourselves.

mic
11-03-2014, 05:14 PM
1. We got heavy into the bourbon at the tailgate....too much partying and talking- not enough watching. It was fun partying with 2 members of State's 1996 Final Four team. Lots of fun talk about Williams, Stands, etc....

2. I encourage everyone to stop and eat at Cappe's when you get a chance. Great dude and the steaks are damn good.

3. I apologize to the Blue Hairs sitting in front of me in section 116. I cuss alot-especially when we arent playing well. Sorry.

4. To the lady that begged for an Elitedawg cup- enjoy. You can find them on GTHOM.biz

5. Dakota's pass to JRob was a really good one-even though JRob had to one hand it. JRob's height makes it tough to get it to him sometimes- Dakota put it exactly where he needed to. Great job by both of them on that play. Otherwise, Dakota didnt play well at all.

6. Too many stalemate's by us against their OL. Ask the old couple what I thought about PJ Jones Saturday.

7. Jackie Wayne is right- you dont get up for every game every week in football. Your body gets tired, your emotions run hot and cold...sometimes your tank is full and sometimes it's 3/4's....We certainly havent been "up" for these last two games. I'm not sure if it's just the flow of the season- or could the pressure of being #1 be getting to us? When you are #1 like we are- there are more demands on your time. More interviews, more people wanting a piece of you...you have to have a good leader and good structure for time management in these situations. Could we be falling prey to demands people are making of us? Shit, we have managers getting interviewed these days for stories- everybody wants some of us. It's time to refocus and get ready for Bammer.

8. Saturday will be the 1st time in State history we have ever been 9-0. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT530ioehdU

Woooooooooooooooooooo...

drunkernhelldawg
11-03-2014, 05:23 PM
enjoy your week off. Cheers.

mstatefan91
11-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Um Dak played a great game given his health status. He had two bad throws. Get over it

Dallas_Dawg
11-03-2014, 05:34 PM
I wasn't paying close attention to PJ, but I certainly haven't heard his named called much this year.
If he is the weakest link, then it's easy to see that his brother Chris needs to start and bring Pj off the bench.
It seemed to me on Saturday That we got away from the 1a 1b thing. Seems like I saw AJ Jefferson in with McKinney and b brown. Nick James was in there with the 1as as well.
I hope we only rotate a couple players at a time as we move forward. No other coach rolls a new 11 in at a time and there is no reason to believe that we are just smarter than everyone else.

Sacrifice
11-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Damn, Ric Flair was the man..."Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line" Wooooooooooo

Coach34
11-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Um Dak played a great game given his health status. He had two bad throws. Get over it

he is no way, shape, or form played a great game. His 2nd pick nearly cost us the game. He was a good leader. He played gutsy. But one he didn't do- was play great. It happens- he's not perfect. I expect him to come back in 2 weeks and lead us to a win over "rolllllll tiiiiiiiiide".

Miss. Stake
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM

I think it's a mixture of both. If Bama wins this weekend, then the vast majority of talking heads and vegas will have us as the underdog so we can get that underdog mentality back. If Bama loses, we have a great shot because Bama only shows up when its playing for a national title. They'll lay down with 2 losses.

HoopsDawg
11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I wasn't paying close attention to PJ, but I certainly haven't heard his named called much this year.
If he is the weakest link, then it's easy to see that his brother Chris needs to start and bring Pj off the bench.
It seemed to me on Saturday That we got away from the 1a 1b thing. Seems like I saw AJ Jefferson in with McKinney and b brown. Nick James was in there with the 1as as well.
I hope we only rotate a couple players at a time as we move forward. No other coach rolls a new 11 in at a time and there is no reason to believe that we are just smarter than everyone else.

This should be our starting lineup on D:

DE: Ry Brown
DT: Chris Jones
DT: Eulls
DE: P. Smith

OLB: Wells
MLB: McKinney
OLB: Beni Brown

CB: Redmond
CB: Calhoun
Nickel: Love
FS: Cox

That's our best 11 right there.

mstatefan91
11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
he is no way, shape, or form played a great game. His 2nd pick nearly cost us the game. He was a good leader. He played gutsy. But one he didn't do- was play great. It happens- he's not perfect. I expect him to come back in 2 weeks and lead us to a win over "rolllllll tiiiiiiiiide".

Lol ok. Going 18/27 with over 300 yards passing and key plays on the ground given his injury status is a horrible game now. I already admitted he had two bad throws. That's the human element. He did not have a horrible game outside of those two throws.

His 2nd pick did not nearly cost us the game.

I will say that our defense won the game for us, but Dak in no way, shape or form had a horrible game if you consider his health status.

I seen it dawg
11-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Who said horrible?

Schultzy
11-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Three - missed Gabe Myles wide open on the first drive for a sure long td. But I bet two weeks off gets him time to heal that plant leg.

By the way, anyone else catch that rabbit punch to Dak's head in the red zone after the play was over? Showed it on the jumbotron and people booed it but the refs missed it and I did too.

I seen it dawg
11-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Yeah it was pretty blatant and the damn official was staring right at the pile.

mstatefan91
11-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Who said horrible?

Ok, he didn't say horrible. I'll give Coach that. lol

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 06:27 PM
I do think you are right that the number one hype has gotten into our heads at least to degree. It's hard to keep the focus on where it needs to be week after week. Especially since we have never done this before.

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Three - missed Gabe Myles wide open on the first drive for a sure long td. But I bet two weeks off gets him time to heal that plant leg.

By the way, anyone else catch that rabbit punch to Dak's head in the red zone after the play was over? Showed it on the jumbotron and people booed it but the refs missed it and I did too.

You clearly need to go read the Pork Barbecue Edition of Armchair QB (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2014/11/3/7147819/wmd-armchair-qb-pork-barbecue-edition-mississippi-state-bulldogs-arkansas-razorbacks). I talked at length about the officiating and that no-call in particular.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Oh- and to the lady at the tailgate that had homemade chocolate chip cookie dough with vanilla wafers to scoop it out- you are a freaking genius.

drunkernhelldawg
11-03-2014, 08:09 PM
You clearly need to go read the Pork Barbecue Edition of Armchair QB (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2014/11/3/7147819/wmd-armchair-qb-pork-barbecue-edition-mississippi-state-bulldogs-arkansas-razorbacks). I talked at length about the officiating and that no-call in particular.

recommended

Schultzy
11-03-2014, 09:47 PM

Good read. The Malcolm Johnson unsportsmanlike was a BS call and nullified an awesome catch and run by J-Rob.

You can't tell me a team can throw it 44 times against our D and not hold - especially when Chris Jones is playing end and Preston too for that matter but the lines are so blurred these days on that.

I don't think we will get screwed in Tuscaloosa though, way too much Spotlight, cameras and replay for that to happen anymore. Now in the old days......

War Machine Dawg
11-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Good read. The Malcolm Johnson unsportsmanlike was a BS call and nullified an awesome catch and run by J-Rob.

You can't tell me a team can throw it 44 times against our D and not hold - especially when Chris Jones is playing end and Preston too for that matter but the lines are so blurred these days on that.

I don't think we will get screwed in Tuscaloosa though, way too much Spotlight, cameras and replay for that to happen anymore. Now in the old days......

Don't kid yourself. There are still plenty of ways an officiating crew can throw a game. In fact, you just said in your opening statement there was at least 1 BS personal foul call on Saturday night. And we all know there is no way in hell that Bama is going to get called for holding in 2 weeks, especially not in Tuscaloosa. They'll mug every single one of our D-Linemen all day. It's not that hard to find "questionable" actions to throw a flag on as an official. What we need more than anything is for LSU to pull off the upset this weekend and make Bama a 2 loss team, leaving us the clear favorite in the West.