PDA

View Full Version : Dak doesn't seem to be stepping into throws the last couple of games. If you watch

cheewgumm
11-03-2014, 03:46 PM
the Arkansas game, he is kind of throwing off back foot. I think that more than anything shows his left foot/ leg is hurting.

RossDawg82
11-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Damn right it does. He needs some good rest.

GreenheadDawg
11-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I agree his passing has really been off the past few weeks. Hopefully he can get healed up and be 100% by Bama. We will need him 100% to win

Gen. Grant
11-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Even with the injury he still managed to have a career passing day. That was very impressive to me. I do agree, he needs rest. If a semi-injured Dak can have a career day, a fully healthy Dak is unstoppable.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 03:59 PM
I think Dak's interceptions are coming when the other team gets a hand in his face and he doesn't step into his throw, but, overall, I thought he threw the ball very well Saturday night. Whe Dak steps into his throw, he hums it as good as anyone.

Irondawg
11-03-2014, 04:02 PM
He's definately throwing with mostly all arm now which has to be a result of the leg injury. What is more concerning to me is that he seems to have really slowed down the speed at which he goes through his reads and makes decisions. He was much quicker with that early in the year it seemed

mstatefan91
11-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Passing?! We're talking about passing?! Dak has a career day throwing the ball and we are talking about passing?!

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-03-2014, 04:21 PM
the Arkansas game, he is kind of throwing off back foot. I think that more than anything shows his left foot/ leg is hurting.

It seems like when he has been short arming it, it is because someone is in his face.

I think he is holding onto the ball a bit too long at times. He seems to have made a bit of an adjustment and has gotten Robinson more involved in the passing game. Robinson had 6 catches compared to a previous game high this year of 3. I hope that continues. He just needs to take what the defense is giving him.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Dak is throwing it well as he has all year right now. Problem is he isn't moving as well in the pocket, due to injury, and he is having trouble finding a passing lane when someone is in his face. That is the only time he isn't stepping into his throw.

Dak biggest development remains with his ability to manipulate the pocket. For a mobile QB, he has average to slight below average ability to move his feet within the pocket to create throwing lanes. If you watch Tom Brady and Tony Romo, this is where they excel. Both guys have little side steps and spin moves that offer them an extra 2 seconds and a passing lane in which to throw the ball.

Dak is throwing the ball great right now. For goodness sakes, he threw one 69 yards in the air against Kentucky.

cheewgumm
11-03-2014, 04:33 PM
This is not a slam on Prescott. I just think he's hurt. I'm not complaining.

headcoach98
11-03-2014, 04:41 PM
That hit he took to the thigh in kentucky game is definitely lingering, its affecting his running and passing. I salute him playing through it and helping us to victory, hope he can heal as much as he can before the bama game.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 04:49 PM
He's throwing bad because he is tentative and not making quick decisions, and because he is staying in the pocket. Why Mullen doesn't tell him to extend plays as often as possible, is beyond me. Nearly every time he has to improvise, he throws a TD....LSU this year, Arkansas Saturday, Kentucky last year, etc. you have great mobility, USE IT to allow more time for your WR's to get open (since they struggle to do this). Especially when your first few reads aren't there. Take Off