PDA

View Full Version : Per Freeze today, Tunsil has a partially torn bicep.

Jacksondevildog
11-03-2014, 02:24 PM
nm

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Wonder how long he's out?

Meanwhile, Freeze has been diagnosed with a partially torn ego and a hurt butt. He also has a chipped front tooth, which also happens to be the size of a sheet of ply wood.

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Not being a doctor what does that mean. I see he's listed as doubtful against the blue hose Saturday but what implications does that have for beyond their next game?

Jacksondevildog
11-03-2014, 02:29 PM
A quick google search says 3-6 weeks for a partial torn bicep and 4 months for a complete tear. That's not talking about an offensive lineman that uses his arms and has to be strong. That's for an average Joe. Plus, Tunsil hasn't exactly shown to be the toughest character around. Tunsil may wake up with a sinus headache in Fayetteville and decide not to play.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Not being a doctor what does that mean. I see he's listed as doubtful against the blue hose Saturday but what implications does that have for beyond their next game?

I doubt seriously he plays again this year. Even though the injuries are nothing alike, he just saw treadwell get hurt. Now that championship dreams are gone, I think tunsil is done

Coach34
11-03-2014, 02:31 PM
He can play with pain until it pops and then he would be done- and if he plays, it will certainly tear all the way at some point regardless whether its proximal or distal. He is going to have to have surgery either way- so the OM coaches want him to play...Tunsil and his family do not want to play.

Curious to see how this one turns out

deltadawg99
11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Tunsil isn't going to do anything to risk his value in next year's draft. Contrary to popular believe in Oxford, he could care less about Ole Miss.

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
He can play with pain until it pops and then he would be done- and if he plays, it will certainly tear all the way at some point ragrdless whether its proximal or distal. He is going to have to have surgery either way- so the OM coaches want him to play...Tunsil and his family do not want to play.

But I thought the TSUN coaches all had the players' best interests at heart. You mean to tell me they are willing to risk further injury and pain to a player just for their own benefit?***

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 02:35 PM
He can play with pain until it pops and then he would be done- and if he plays, it will certainly tear all the way at some point whether its proximal or distal. He is going to have to have surgery either way- so the OM coaches want him to play...Tunsil and his family do not want to play.

That shows how desperate they are. If he has that repaired now, he can start to rehab and increase his chances of being 100% sooner for next season. Not to mention the fact that if he gets it repaired now, it would be a less severe injury.

deltadawg99
11-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Did Freeze say what was front with Aaron Morris? Somebody said that he didn't play towards the end of the game. I believe he also got banged up vs LSU.

thf24
11-03-2014, 02:45 PM
If Tunsil is out for Arky, then I feel for whatever poor SOB they stick in his spot to try to block Trey Flowers.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2014, 02:47 PM
If Tunsil is out for Arky, then I feel for whatever poor SOB they stick in his spot to try to block Trey Flowers.

Good point. That dude was impressive wasn't he? Dude is a beast

TheRef
11-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Good point. That dude was impressive wasn't he? Dude is a beast

There's a reason he was Preseason All-SEC

MetEdDawg
11-03-2014, 02:55 PM
He can play with pain until it pops and then he would be done- and if he plays, it will certainly tear all the way at some point ragrdless whether its proximal or distal. He is going to have to have surgery either way- so the OM coaches want him to play...Tunsil and his family do not want to play.

I've been waiting for this scenario to play out for two years. You knew from the get go that Treadwell, Nkemdiche, and Tunsil had 1st round talent. But at what point does going all out for Ole Miss next year who is probably a 6-8 win team weigh too heavily on your draft prospects and it become not in your best interest to go 100%? Now two of those three have injuries that will keep them out extended periods of time so this becomes even more of a question.

OM relies way too heavily on those three guys and we all know what happened to get them there. They don't care about OM. They truly don't. Why would they risk 1st-2nd round NFL money to go all out after injuries their sophomore year? All three are leaving after next year no question and you could probably add Conner to that list leaving early too. They will all be no better off than they were when they got there. Why risk further injury for a 6-8 win team next year when the big bucks are coming?

PMDawg
11-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Tunsil isn't going to do anything to risk his value in next year's draft. Contrary to popular believe in Oxford, he could NOT care less about Ole Miss.

Fify

MSUMatt
11-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Fify

partially or fully is a very painful injury. Hard to wrap it and get the compression needed to support the muscle while retaining some flexibility.

Jack Lambert
11-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Tunsil isn't going to do anything to risk his value in next year's draft. Contrary to popular believe in Oxford, he could care less about Ole Miss.

I agree but he is going to have to find a balance between staying healthy for the draft and playing to stay relevent.

jumbo
11-03-2014, 03:33 PM
they have Presbyterian and then a bye, so that's 2 weeks rest right there. I'm sure Freeze will push for him to be back for Arky.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I bet he plays against us unless he injures it some more.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I bet he plays against us unless he injures it some more.

Actually, I doubt it. Remember the Egg Bowl last year? He's hurt more now than he was then. And even if he plays, good luck against Preston Smith.

archdog
11-03-2014, 03:56 PM

couldn't

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 04:04 PM
But I thought the TSUN coaches all had the players' best interests at heart. You mean to tell me they are willing to risk further injury and pain to a player just for their own benefit?***

I suspect this is somewhere along the lines of what Bucky pulled on Paidwell in the hospital room after the game. More worried about when he would be able to play again than the immediate health of his bell cow.

BeardoMSU
11-03-2014, 04:12 PM
I suspect this is somewhere along the lines of what Bucky pulled on Paidwell in the hospital room after the game. More worried about when he would be able to play again than the immediate health of his bell cow.

Great story. Compelling. And. Rich.

How the hell would you know what happened in that hospital room? Some of you guys with this rumor-mill stuff are really stretching....

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Great story. Compelling. And. Rich.

How the hell would you know what happened in that hospital room? Some of you guys with this rumor-mill stuff are really stretching....

Why would Paidwell's momma supposedly pissed off at Freeze when he visited the hospital? I damn sure guarantee she wouldn't be pissed of he had gone straight to the scripture. Damn, has speculation based on collective deduction been banned on here? Guess I missed the memo where you can't use thoughts/posts from other threads and incorporate them with other posts and form a suggestion.

ETA: please refresh my memory on when freeze has been loyal to his players? He routinely talks down to his team saying they don't have enough talent and has thrown his his QB under the bus a handful of times.

Covercorner2
11-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Why would Paidwell's momma supposedly pissed off at Freeze when he visited the hospital? I damn sure guarantee she wouldn't be pissed of he had gone straight to the scripture. Damn, has speculation based on collective deduction been banned on here? Guess I missed the memo where you can't use thoughts/posts from other threads and incorporate them with other posts and form a suggestion.

ETA: please refresh my memory on when freeze has been loyal to his players? He routinely talks down to his team saying they don't have enough talent and has thrown his his QB under the bus a handful of times.

How do you know Laquon's mom is "pissed off" at Freeze? You are taking one rumor, turning it into another rumor and then "forming a suggestion".

BeardoMSU
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM

And how do you know Treadwell's "mamma was pissed off at Freeze"? Because someone on this message board posted it? Taking rumor as gospel?

AlSwearengen
11-03-2014, 07:40 PM
why would anyone here be pissed off that someone fabricates a sensational story by combining rumors to make olemiss look bad? It has never stopped them from doing the same thing to us.

Westdawg
11-03-2014, 08:42 PM
If it were me, if Tunsil plays in the EB, I would stick Chris jones over his head and let CJ wear his bit out. And I would just bull rush to that weak arm. Make him either whip us or make him quit. Don't give him anything, and then spell Chris with a speed rusher on long downs toke him extend those arms
Yeah, I am that coach. Give me a weakness and I will exploit it with no remorse.

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 08:56 PM
And how do you know Treadwell's "mamma was pissed off at Freeze"? Because someone on this message board posted it? Taking rumor as gospel?

Speculation is part of message boards. Get the sand out of your twat. I don't know why she was pissed at Freeze or whomever she may be pissed at. I'm just looking at the track record, putting clues together and developing a theory based on what's been said and done in the past. Not difficult to see that he puts himself first, and then the team and players. All indicators I've seen from Bucky, is he basically only cares about winning by any means necessary and at any cost. Just look at the way he doesn't suspend players for actions that go against his preaching. He hasn't suspended anyone "That Helps him get the W" for drugs, anti-gay slurs, fighting, etc. That is the point, and hence the reason I developed said theory on why mamma may be mad. I cannot see very many situations or circumstances outside of something similar to what I suggested, that would piss her off.

JDog13
11-03-2014, 09:14 PM
why would anyone here be pissed off that someone fabricates a sensational story by combining rumors to make olemiss look bad? It has never stopped them from doing the same thing to us.

Didn't stop me from making the picture of Hugh shooting the bird.

Tdawg
11-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Speculation is part of message boards. Get the sand out of your twat. I don't know why she was pissed at Freeze or whomever she may be pissed at. I'm just looking at the track record, putting clues together and developing a theory based on what's been said and done in the past. Not difficult to see that he puts himself first, and then the team and players. All indicators I've seen from Bucky, is he basically only cares about winning by any means necessary and at any cost. Just look at the way he doesn't suspend players for actions that go against his preaching. He hasn't suspended anyone "That Helps him get the W" for drugs, anti-gay slurs, fighting, etc. That is the point, and hence the reason I developed said theory on why mamma may be mad. I cannot see very many situations or circumstances outside of something similar to what I suggested, that would piss her off.

I have a question--and I'm being serious, not demeaning. Do you believe what you just typed?