PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell Rumor??

Sacrifice
11-03-2014, 11:34 AM
I had a OM friend of mine that's close to the program tell me this morning that Treadwell is done at OM.
He's hiring and agent and will be at the IMG sports academy in Florida for the 2016 season preparing for the NFL draft.
Has anybody else heard this or is this just another BS Rumor???

Rick Danko
11-03-2014, 11:40 AM
I call BS, just don't see him doing that. No inside knowledge whatsoever and could be 100% wrong though, just to qualify my answer.

coastdoglover
11-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Doubt it, he is still getting his paycheck on injured reserve.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM

I don't believe it, but wouldn't he get paid by an agent too?

thf24
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I highly doubt it. If this was a viable route to the NFL, I feel like more players would take it.

MetEdDawg
11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
This would only be a legit route if the player is a first round guarantee. Treadwell is a first round guarantee as long as he can rehab and get back healthy. He doesn't need another year of playing college football to prove himself worthy. IF, and that's a big IF, this is a legit option, he would be wise to take it.

He can control his rehab more AND he doesn't have to risk trying to come back to help a team win. No pressure at all.

JDog13
11-03-2014, 11:55 AM
He didn't redshirt....can he sit out a year and declare? I don't buy it. He'll be back next year.

Political Hack
11-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I had a OM friend of mine that's close to the program tell me this morning that Treadwell is done at OM.
He's hiring and agent and will be at the IMG sports academy in Florida for the 2016 season preparing for the NFL draft.

If what I heard really went down in the hospital between his momma and freeze, it wouldn't surprise me.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Wasnt Clowney looking to do this before coming back or were people just saying it was an idea to consider?

msstate7
11-03-2014, 11:58 AM
If what I heard really went down in the hospital between his momma and freeze, it wouldn't surprise me.

Do tell

gtowndawg
11-03-2014, 11:59 AM

Did she find out the checks would stop if he couldn't play next year?

Jacksondevildog
11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Will the attorney out of Chicago that paid for Treadwell, pay for him to go to IMG? Serious question.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
I call BS. People don't make these types of massive decisions this soon after being hurt.

thf24
11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
On the off chance this is true... what's the reaction of the OM fans demanding the nation pour out their sympathies along with them when they find out he's not returning?

I call BS. People don't make these types of massive decisions this soon after being hurt.

I tend to agree. Hard to believe the decision would have been made and all those details worked out so quickly.

HoopsDawg
11-03-2014, 12:05 PM
I assume this injury will take at least a year to recover from. There's no point in playing 3 or 4 games at the end of next year at which point he will be draft eligible.

If I was Treadwell, I probably wouldn't play another college game. I would rehab and get back to 100%. Then I would prepare for the combine. He can still be drafted in the first 3 rounds if he puts up good numbers.

RossDawg82
11-03-2014, 12:07 PM
I don't believe it, but wouldn't he get paid by an agent too?

no, he has to PAY an agent to represent him. A lot of athletes will use their agent to get loans and such for the them, but the player does not get paid by the agent.

codeDawg
11-03-2014, 12:08 PM
I would do it if I were him. There is no reason to risk injury in college with his talent. Heal. Work. Develop. Get paid. There is nothing he can do at UM that will increase his stock. There is no reason to put the stress of actually playing football on an injury like that until he's getting paid for it.

RossDawg82
11-03-2014, 12:08 PM
BTW, this is close to the same injury that cost former OM tight end Doug Zeigler his career. Just saying

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 12:09 PM
If true, nothing official will be announced until after the first Wednesday in February. No way they let that cat out of the bag before they dupe the next group of signees.

TXDawg
11-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Will be interesting to see if he's on the sideline for the last few games. Would certainly understand him not being there for Presbyterian, but if he's not there for Arky or the Egg Bowl, then I would tend to believe that he's gone.

codeDawg
11-03-2014, 12:11 PM
no, he has to PAY an agent to represent him. A lot of athletes will use their agent to get loans and such for the them, but the player does not get paid by the agent.

I will pay Treadwell $100K today if he'll guarantee me I'll represent him in the draft.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I will pay Treadwell $100K today if he'll guarantee me I'll represent him in the draft.

Stay away from our players haha

MarketingBully01
11-03-2014, 12:31 PM

This seems very elaborate to be complete bullshit. Also another question, who is going to be getting him the ball next year at QB with Bo Dirt gone. This is why I am thinking it has possible legs.

engie
11-03-2014, 12:36 PM

That's a pretty high risk proposition...
You would have potential to lose money if he fell below the second round in today's draft climate... especially if you start extrapolating out interest over time... Only way you come out significantly ahead during the timeframe of the rookie contract is if he goes in the first round.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 12:36 PM
This seems very elaborate to be complete bullshit. Also another question, who is going to be getting him the ball next year at QB with Bo Dirt gone. This is why I am thinking it has possible legs.

Perhaps treadwell bargaining with OM. Holding out, if you will

defiantdog
11-03-2014, 12:48 PM
That's a pretty high risk proposition...
You would have potential to lose money if he fell below the second round in today's draft climate... especially if you start extrapolating out interest over time... Only way you come out significantly ahead during the timeframe of the rookie contract is if he goes in the first round.

I'm with codeDawg here.... I'd easily invest $100K today. I'd do the same with Chris Jones next year.

dawgpound
11-03-2014, 12:55 PM
My boss is a bearshark and he said that he heard he would be back in time for the spring and the injury wouldn't effect him for next year. Also heard a rumor that Dr. Andrews did his surgery in Oxford.

drunkernhelldawg
11-03-2014, 01:02 PM
It makes sense in his situation. I don't think I'd be upset about it if he were ours. You want them to do what's best for their own long term. I sure do hope he can rehab completely. I'd hate to see that kind of talent lost like that. My prayers continue for him and his family.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 01:04 PM
My boss is a bearshark and he said that he heard he would be back in time for the spring and the injury wouldn't effect him for next year. Also heard a rumor that Dr. Andrews did his surgery in Oxford.

This is highly unlikely. Now, Dr. Andrews may have done it in Birmingham.

dawgs
11-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I assume this injury will take at least a year to recover from. There's no point in playing 3 or 4 games at the end of next year at which point he will be draft eligible.

If I was Treadwell, I probably wouldn't play another college game. I would rehab and get back to 100%. Then I would prepare for the combine. He can still be drafted in the first 3 rounds if he puts up good numbers.

We don't know the details of the injury, but recovery time all comes down to ligament and nerve damage. If he avoided those, he will probably be ready by fall. Bones heal pretty quickly once they've been reset.

bulldawg28
11-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I buy it there is nothing left for him to prove at Ole Miss. Rehab an entire year and be ready for the draft.

defiantdog
11-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Dr. Andrews only operates on shoulders and upper torso. Dr. Jeff Dugas is the main guy when a player needs surgery knees, ankles, etc. And Dr. Dugas didn't go to Oxford either.... I know that for a fact.

chef dixon
11-03-2014, 01:21 PM
I don't know about this. You can cut it any way you want though, but Treadwell actually really does love playing for Ole Miss. Which of course is hard for any of us to understand.

Saltydog
11-03-2014, 01:25 PM
from surgery for a broken leg and a dislocated ankle. I HIGHLY doubt things would've developed that quickly given the timing of the injury, etc. Plus, why go to the academy when he can get all the white girls he wants right there?

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 01:28 PM
If he does leave Ole Miss, the thing that makes the most sense to me would be for him to find a pro-style or pass first I-AA team in the North close to Chicago where he could show out.

Also, depending on how severe his injury is which only he and the MD's know at this point, transferring to somewhere like Notre Dame would make sense to me. If he comes back to Ole Miss and is not 100%, Freeze is going to force him to go back out there and it may risk getting him hurt before he is 100%. If he goes to ND, he could sit out a year get healthy and then come back. And yes, a lot of conjecture there.

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't know about this. You can cut it any way you want though, but Treadwell actually really does love playing for Ole Miss. Which of course is hard for any of us to understand.

Shit, I could even begin to love Hell to some extent, if the money was right.** Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 01:30 PM
from surgery for a broken leg and a dislocated ankle. I HIGHLY doubt things would've developed that quickly given the timing of the injury, etc. Plus, why go to the academy when he can get all the white girls he wants right there?

Well, if he gets paid a few million by the NFL he can have all the white women is whatever NFL city he is in. Which aside from maybe Green Bay is going to be better than what he could get in Oxford.

blacklistedbully
11-03-2014, 01:33 PM

C'mon, Hack, don't leave us hanging like that! ;)

Johnson85
11-03-2014, 01:36 PM

I'm assuming BS (or maybe an emotional decision that will be reconsidered), but even if he was inclined to take this route, I'm not sure it would make sense. He's demonstrated that he's a next level talent, but surely it will be better for his draft stock if he demonstrates that he's back in game time action against SEC competition. Wouldn't any NFL team would be nervous judging him just on workouts? I didn't think his measurables were off the chart; I thought it was a combination of good size, good strength, and polished skills. You can certainly see that in workouts nad drills, but I'd want to see it in a game if I were an NFL GM.

If his injury will keep him out for considerable parts of next year, then maybe going to somewhere like IMG sports academy lets him focus more on his rehab, but is that really going to be an improvement over what he can do at an SEC school with an established football program? Yeah, there's the time suck of classes and the distrations from being in a college town, but I'm not sure going to IMG is really better than working out at an SEC school. He'd have to simply be adamant that he's not playing anymore without getting paid, even if it means going into the draft as a lower ranked prospect rather than playing another year of college to improve his draft stock.

Martianlander
11-03-2014, 01:38 PM

You can represent me for $100,000!

Political Hack
11-03-2014, 01:48 PM
C'mon, Hack, don't leave us hanging like that! ;)

sorry man. I don't know how true it is, but heard there was a big blow up regarding a lack of compassion about the injury and only an immediate concern of "when can you play again?" (paraphrased of course). Told that people were in the room when it happened. If what I was told is true, they'll be re-recruiting the Treadwell family.

Wish someone else had more details... would love to get a secondary confirmation. I usually don't post things that I've only heard from one source (even though that source is damn near 100% most of the time), but this thread sort of acted as a half-ass confirmation that at least something's up on some level.

RossDawg82
11-03-2014, 01:52 PM

I also heard that they took the fibula out of Bigfoot to ensure it wont break next time....haha

codeDawg
11-03-2014, 01:53 PM
You can represent me for $100,000!

Is your real name Amari Cooper?

HSVDawg
11-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I read this and all I can picture is Freeze talking to the doctor in his best Bud Kilmer voice....

"Well, can you fix him?"

Covercorner2
11-03-2014, 02:11 PM
He will be back for the Spring...

All of this is being way overblown

Coach34
11-03-2014, 02:12 PM
lmao- Dr Andrews did his surgery in Oxford??? Holy shit. Are their people dumb enough to believe shit like this?

You go to James Andrews- he doesnt come to you.

Johnson85
11-03-2014, 02:19 PM
He will be back for the Spring...

All of this is being way overblown

Hopefully it's just as simple as healing a broken leg, but I thought a dislocated ankle was actually a big deal. I thought that was what made prothroe's (sp?) injury so devastating?

RossDawg82
11-03-2014, 02:20 PM
lmao- Dr Andrews did his surgery in Oxford??? Holy shit. Are their people dumb enough to believe shit like this?

I wonder if they think he just walk into any hospital or surgeons office and begin a surgery. I don't think he carries those kind of privileges.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 02:20 PM

Yeah. I can imagine Dr. Andrews watching the Ole Miss/Auburn game at his mansion in Birmingham or wherever and then telling his wife- "Well, honey I guess I've gotta go to Oxford now to fix Treadwell's leg. Be back in the morning."

Covercorner2
11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Hopefully it's just as simple as healing a broken leg, but I thought a dislocated ankle was actually a big deal. I thought that was what made prothroe's (sp?) injury so devastating?

RG III dislocated his ankle THIS season, and is ALREADY playing again.

deltadawg99
11-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Marcus Lattimore declared when he was injured, except the difference is that he was a Junior. If Treadwell was hell bent on going after pro next year, going to IMG may be his best route because he can just focus on rehabbing his leg and getting back to full strength.

I really hate it for Treadwell that he got hurt. I would imagine that he'll be out for the Spring and unfortunately it will be several months before he'll before he will be running full speed.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 02:22 PM

Usually with an injury like that, it's nerve damage that you have to worry the most about. It's easy for a piece of bone to nick a nerve and cause some issues with the foot.

quickstrike2
11-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I don't think this has any legs. Probably not near as much to it as is being made out. I might can see some frustrating emotions in the hospital room carry over after an injury and a emotional loss, but all will be well. I mean Hugh made Treadwell and many other guys believe that Ole Miss is the only place hot white girls exist, so he will handle it easily.

Political Hack
11-03-2014, 02:56 PM
I don't think this has any legs. Probably not near as much to it as is being made out. I might can see some frustrating emotions in the hospital room carry over after an injury and a emotional loss, but all will be well. I mean Hugh made Treadwell and many other guys believe that Ole Miss is the only place hot white girls exist, so he will handle it easily.

sort of my general sentiment as well.

Martianlander
11-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Is your real name Amari Cooper?

No-sorry codeDawg, but for $100,000 I would answer to that.

OurState
11-03-2014, 03:56 PM
sorry man. I don't know how true it is, but heard there was a big blow up regarding a lack of compassion about the injury and only an immediate concern of "when can you play again?" (paraphrased of course). Told that people were in the room when it happened. If what I was told is true, they'll be re-recruiting the Treadwell family.

Wish someone else had more details... would love to get a secondary confirmation. I usually don't post things that I've only heard from one source (even though that source is damn near 100% most of the time), but this thread sort of acted as a half-ass confirmation that at least something's up on some level.

I don't doubt the concept but isn't he smart enough to have that conversation with the Dr not the woozy kid straight out of surgery? Not doubting that Freezus is that shallow just that he is smoother than that. I mean he does get the whole cruitin thing.

Political Hack
11-03-2014, 04:04 PM
I don't doubt the concept but isn't he smart enough to have that conversation with the Dr not the woozy kid straight out of surgery? Not doubting that Freezus is that shallow just that he is smoother than that. I mean he does get the whole cruitin thing.

personally, if it did happen, I don't think it's a terrible question. May be a little insensitive, but his and Freeze's relationship is based on and around football. At the same time, I could definitely see why his mom would be upset too...

Oxdawg
11-03-2014, 11:07 PM
If I had to guess, Cooper Terry performed the surgery. He's the orthopedic Dr. For OM. However it is feasible Andrews performed the surgery since he is the team Dr. for Auburn and travels with the team.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 11:11 PM
If I had to guess, Cooper Terry performed the surgery. He's the orthopedic Dr. For OM. However it is feasible Andrews performed the surgery since he is the team Dr. for Auburn and travels with the team.

It's not a hard surgery- plate, some screws, and then either a syndesmosis screw or a tightrope.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 11:13 PM

Let's not forget that Freeze was once on Coach O's staff. The same Coach O that called up Tulane and asked their coach to send their QB to Ole Miss when there were rumors that their program was going to be disbanded after Katrina.

Todd4State
11-03-2014, 11:16 PM

It doesn't work that way. You have to have privileges to operate at a hospital. Baptist Oxford would be opening themselves up to a major lawsuit if something went wrong with the surgery. And Dr. Andrew's would be risking his license.

EMDawg
11-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Dr. Andrews was actually standing on the field in the end zone while he was being evaluated. He was the guy in the Auburn hat standing off to the left.

dawgoneyall
11-04-2014, 07:42 AM
No.

Coach34
11-04-2014, 07:54 AM
It doesn't work that way. You have to have privileges to operate at a hospital. Baptist Oxford would be opening themselves up to a major lawsuit if something went wrong with the surgery. And Dr. Andrew's would be risking his license.

Thanks Todd...alot of people dont understand the mountain of paperwork it would take for Andrews to be able to operate in Oxford. He would have to apply to the state board and all kinds of shit

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks Todd...alot of people dont understand the mountain of paperwork it would take for Andrews to be able to operate in Oxford. He would have to apply to the state board and all kinds of shit

Not only that, but Dr. Andrews is running a business. He doesn't do one surgery a day. In fact, I've heard that when people say they are having surgery done by "Dr. Andrews" it usually means that one of his assistants are doing the surgery and he supervising it and a few other surgeries from a different room.

By going to Oxford, Dr. Andrews could only do one surgery a day when he normally does probably 5 or 7 surgeries. I'm calling BS.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 08:38 AM
why does it matter who did the the surgery? It's not a difficult surgery. it's not like they had a chimp in there bouncing around the room with a scalpel if it wasn't Andrews.

Coach34
11-04-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm just laughing at the Ole Missus idiots trying to say Andrews did the surgery so they can appear important

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm just laughing at the Ole Missus idiots trying to say Andrews did the surgery so they can appear important

they own the Doritos Locos Taco. they are important.

codeDawg
11-04-2014, 09:22 AM
why does it matter who did the the surgery? It's not a difficult surgery. it's not like they had a chimp in there bouncing around the room with a scalpel if it wasn't Andrews.

Thank you. Ole Miss just has to make everyone think they have the best of anything, even if it is complete shit. They want everyone to believe "the best doctor" performed Tredwell's surgery, even if that guy was only there because he was the other team's doctor. Next there will be stories about him partying on the square after the surgery and quotes about how he really wants to be the UM team doctor, but Auburn won't let him out of his contract.

Who gives a shit who performed his surgery? I'm sure they were capable and hope he has a full recovery.

Brahmabull
11-04-2014, 09:25 AM
I believe our own, Daniel Boyd, performed the surgery.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 10:19 AM
I believe our own, Daniel Boyd, performed the surgery.

and there's that...

So can we now find out if Momma Treadwell is miffed?

dawgs
11-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Well, if he gets paid a few million by the NFL he can have all the white women is whatever NFL city he is in. Which aside from maybe Green Bay is going to be better than what he could get in Oxford.

Or buffalo

dawgs
11-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Prothro had severe nerve damage. That's the biggest career/long term threat with these gnarly looking leg breaks. If you get a clean break, it doesn't take long to heal once reset. If there's ligament damage, might take a little longer. But if there's nerve damage, you just don't know if they'll ever recover enough to play again.

ScottH
11-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Ole Miss just has to make everyone think they have the best of anything, even if it is complete shit..

Spot on.

I seen it dawg
11-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Whoever was on call for ortho on the weekend did the surgery. If it was Boyd so be it.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 12:40 PM
C34 did it after staying at a holiday inn express last weekend.***

blacklistedbully
11-04-2014, 12:48 PM
C34 did it after staying at a holiday inn express last weekend.***

:D Wish i'd thought of that one.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2014, 01:21 PM
This threat now has an astonishing almost 7,000 views. I hope all these Rebels clicked an Ad when they read this thread. LOL

Coach34
11-04-2014, 02:36 PM
This threat now has an astonishing almost 7,000 views. I hope all these Rebels clicked an Ad when they read this thread. LOL

I had a dumbass BearShark tweet at me that reads and never clicks an ad. He was proud of that

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I had a dumbass BearShark tweet at me that reads and never clicks an ad. He was proud of that

maybe he stayed at a holiday inn express last night too.

Sacrifice
11-04-2014, 04:45 PM
The rebelbearsharks are creepin hard on this one. The wheels are starting to come off at the bunny ranch.

I seen it dawg
11-04-2014, 04:57 PM
I knew all it would take was one loss for the lugnuts to start rolling. Click an ad dicksuckers.

Political Hack
11-04-2014, 05:02 PM
any reporters talked to his mom yet?