PDA

View Full Version : Bear futility summed up on ESPN.com

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2014, 10:08 AM
They have a knack for football heartbreak at Ole Miss dating at least back to 1970, when Heisman favorite Archie Manning broke his arm coming down the stretch. It's not the long bouts of mediocrity and worse. It's how every time their hopes rise, they are crushed without mercy. Eli Manning tripped over his lineman's foot on the win-or-else play to beat LSU in 2003. Consecutive losses to LSU and Auburn, one more painful than the next. Two fourth-quarter fumbles inside the Auburn 10? The winning touchdown reversed by the replay official? How much pain can one Grove take?

Dawgface
11-03-2014, 10:10 AM
They have at least one more to go. The Egg. :)

thunderclap
11-03-2014, 10:15 AM
The state of Arkansas in late November Is not going to be any fun either. We all know that.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 10:24 AM
The state of Arkansas in late November Is not going to be any fun either. We all know that.

That will be a hungry arkansas team vs a very letdown OM team. I've been skeptical of people calling this upset, but I can see it now esp with OM's best 2 offensive players likely out

M.Fillmore
11-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I get your point but the bears have to be one of the luckiest teams in the NCAA. Since Daddy Manning, who are the QBs that they have to go out with injuries? Hmm, Tommy Luke went out early in the game against MSU. Romero Miller missed the game against MSU. That is about all I can remember.

We have lost a truckload of QBs over the years, and if Sleepy doesn't go down we win the SEC that year.