PDA

View Full Version : This week's Ole Miss talking points sheet

FlabLoser
11-03-2014, 09:20 AM
"We did this in year three."

Hey, Ole Miss, you're the big brother. We can't help it if you waited more years than State did to be relevant in modern football.

"Auburn needed 12 players to beat us."

"Anybody who is glad Ole Miss lost is a piece of shit that enjoys watching players get injured."

"We had Gameday before State did. We had Katy Perry. We had a top 10 ranking. And finally, Treadwell's crushing fumble & injury all on the same play has endeared what few American hearts weren't already pulling of us. So really, we won." Seriously, they think they've won.

Well, good for you, Rebels. You've figured out that college football extends beyond signing day.

"We're the highest ranked 2-loss team."

PMDawg
11-03-2014, 09:37 AM
The Iron Bowl decides the West

LSU and Auburn are better than they were when State beat them.

Alabama over MSU is a foregone conclusion.

#Hobby Lobby

TrapGame
11-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Actually saw this on Facebook:

"We had five 5* recruits looking at how a real family comes together over a player's injury. They'll do anything to be here next year."

I shit you not.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 09:50 AM

"We had five 5* recruits looking at how a real family comes together over a player's injury. They'll do anything to be here next year."

I shit you not.

I love it. Most entertaining fanbase there is.

BossDawg
11-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Really? hahahahahaha Wow! They can stitch together some quality bulls#!t, that is a fact.

"Yeah man I'm goin to Ole Miss 'cause if I get hurt they go all in. You see what they're doin' over Treadwell, right?" #Fambluh

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2014, 10:02 AM

I shit you not.

Because here is what we do when our players get injured:

http://www.pitch.com/binary/4927/1389935057-firing-squad-431x300.jpg

MetEdDawg
11-03-2014, 10:04 AM
They better hope they get those 5 stars because they lose a ton this year. Who plays QB for them next year? Liggins? He's gotten the most snaps. Treadwell as unfortunate as his injury is, probably doesn't play next year much at all. Prewitt, Sanders, Morris, Bryant, Shackelford, Golson gone. Tunsil will be injured again and they will have to plug someone in. They lose more on their two deep as well. How good is Denzel back from injury. Issac Gross gone, CJ Johnson possibly gone.

And before they give the company line of look how much we lose, I say look how much we substitute and how many game minutes our backups have gotten, not only in blowout games, but as the #1 team in the country on the road. Jameon as good as he is has been replaced by Myles. RoJo will be replaced. Walley can replace MoJo. OL may have some issues but we have a lot of guys who have been in the program a while to take their place.

Richie Brown has logged tons of minutes, Zac Jack has logged tons of minutes and Gray will be there too. Jefferson and Brown have played all year of DE and I expect one to move over to replace Preston and we have Nelson Adams. We've got good young talent up the middle to replace PJ and Eulls. Evans has logged tons of minutes in place of Cox. Cleveland has logged tons of minutes at CB. Market has logged possibly more minutes in his career than Hughes so Market will replace Hughes just fine.

They still have no depth in Oxford and it's going to show next year. Probably another JUCO QB, injuries are mounting, and they just can't seem to develop talent there. Prewitt and Shackelford are the only two they've developed. Their hot shot 5 stars were the best players on their team the minute they stepped on campus. They've had a lot of busts and I still don't understand how players could look at our two programs and legitimately say Oxford is where I've got the best chance to be a successful person and football player. It baffles me.

Jacksondevildog
11-03-2014, 10:16 AM
They will probably sign the Kelly (QB) kid at EMCC. He got kicked off the team at Clemson for bad attitude. He just needs saving from Freeze. If they sign him, it shows how little confidence they have in Switchblade and Fratty Jitney Jungle.

I seen it dawg
11-03-2014, 10:21 AM
The 2 guys behind Dirt need to look elsewhere to play. OM will always look to Juco to find a guy because they can't develop QBs. They will just go get whoever is at Emcc every 2 yrs.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-03-2014, 10:24 AM
They better hope they get those 5 stars because they lose a ton this year. Who plays QB for them next year? Liggins? He's gotten the most snaps. Treadwell as unfortunate as his injury is, probably doesn't play next year much at all. Prewitt, Sanders, Morris, Bryant, Shackelford, Golson gone. Tunsil will be injured again and they will have to plug someone in. They lose more on their two deep as well. How good is Denzel back from injury. Issac Gross gone, CJ Johnson possibly gone.

And before they give the company line of look how much we lose, I say look how much we substitute and how many game minutes our backups have gotten, not only in blowout games, but as the #1 team in the country on the road. Jameon as good as he is has been replaced by Myles. RoJo will be replaced. Walley can replace MoJo. OL may have some issues but we have a lot of guys who have been in the program a while to take their place.

Richie Brown has logged tons of minutes, Zac Jack has logged tons of minutes and Gray will be there too. Jefferson and Brown have played all year of DE and I expect one to move over to replace Preston and we have Nelson Adams. We've got good young talent up the middle to replace PJ and Eulls. Evans has logged tons of minutes in place of Cox. Cleveland has logged tons of minutes at CB. Market has logged possibly more minutes in his career than Hughes so Market will replace Hughes just fine.

They still have no depth in Oxford and it's going to show next year. Probably another JUCO QB, injuries are mounting, and they just can't seem to develop talent there. Prewitt and Shackelford are the only two they've developed. Their hot shot 5 stars were the best players on their team the minute they stepped on campus. They've had a lot of busts and I still don't understand how players could look at our two programs and legitimately say Oxford is where I've got the best chance to be a successful person and football player. It baffles me.

We do lose a lot. Obviously we are not going to be a #1 in the nation caliber team next season. We should be a 7-9 win team next year though.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 10:27 AM
We do lose a lot. Obviously we are not going to be a #1 in the nation caliber team next season. We should be a 7-9 win team next year though.
I agree. If dak and jrob comes back, we might can push 10 wins

MetEdDawg
11-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I agree. If dak and jrob comes back, we might can push 10 wins

Next year's schedule sucks big time. I would like 8 wins out of that schedule. If the OL can gel I think 9 is possible. Our defense won't be dominant but it will still be good.

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Next year's schedule sucks big time. I would like 8 wins out of that schedule. If the OL can gel I think 9 is possible. Our defense won't be dominant but it will still be good.

This is the same bs win total most everyone was predicting before this season also. I see nothing difficult about our schedule that's any different than how difficult it is this year. Our two toughest away games are at Auburn and Arkansas. The confidence gained this season will carry over to next season and we will return a ton of experience again.

EAVdog
11-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Joquell Johnson red-shirting will help us a lot next year. Justin Senior may slide to LT.

Maybe Deion Calhoun at Center? I think that is what he was brought in for. Or maybe Desper?

MetEdDawg
11-03-2014, 12:14 PM
This is the same bs win total most everyone was predicting before this season also. I see nothing difficult about our schedule that's any different than how difficult it is this year. Our two toughest away games are at Auburn and Arkansas. The confidence gained this season will carry over to next season and we will return a ton of experience again.

We lost 7 total seniors from last year's team. This year we lose 5 on offense and if you include B Mac we lose 10 on defense. So we lose twice as many seniors as we did last year. That's not easy to replace.

Not to mention we have to travel to Columbia on a Thursday night, we play Bama at home, LSU at home game 2 of the season, and we play Auburn, Arkansas, and TAMU on the road. Not an easy slate of games in my opinion.

JDog13
11-03-2014, 12:27 PM
We lost 7 total seniors from last year's team. This year we lose 5 on offense and if you include B Mac we lose 10 on defense. So we lose twice as many seniors as we did last year. That's not easy to replace.

Not to mention we have to travel to Columbia on a Thursday night, we play Bama at home, LSU at home game 2 of the season, and we play Auburn, Arkansas, and TAMU on the road. Not an easy slate of games in my opinion.

We lose a lot, but that's why Mullen has been building our depth. We have a lot of good players waiting for their chance.

Martianlander
11-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Shakelford may apply for a tenth year.**

LC Dawg
11-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Ole Miss Fans:
Lose to LSU - "I feel like we'll win out"
Lose to Auburn - "I feel like we'll win out"
Beat Presbyterian (An entire religious denomination) - "I feel like we'll win out"
Lose to Arkansas - "At least we'll beat State"
Lose to State - "We didn't care, our season was over already"
Lose bowl game - "We're used to playing for national championships so its hard to get up for the Belk Bowl"
State wins national championship - "We got GameDay first"

fishwater99
11-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I love it. Most entertaining fanbase there is.

I can't wait until we beat them in Oxford this year. The meltdown will be Epic.

FlabLoser
11-03-2014, 04:51 PM
A late entry to the list...

"The Auburn loss was a fluke. We fumbled twice in the red zone and we just don't do that. If not for two fluke plays, we win."

::cough::
Egg Bowl
::cough::