PDA

View Full Version : Rebs making more excuses

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Apparently, a play went unpenalized after Auburn had 12 players on the field during a scoring drive.

Oh well, Ole Miss, you still lost and no one gives flying *&&^ about your excuses. Auburn was penalized 13 times for 145 yards in the game and apparently you still couldn't beat them. Hard to believe one more measly penalty would have made all the difference. You lost and your season in over.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1cfxDECAAEQFgQ.jpg

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/11/02/ole-miss-auburn-12-players-scoring/18369721/

http://media.giphy.com/media/HJTBvT7cTQqFq/giphy.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/8ykJ4yAnwgK2I/giphy.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/7LG6PqAubrWBa/giphy.gif

Dawgface
11-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I get 12 in my box of donuts. What's wrong with that?

FlabLoser
11-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I'll give them this - when a player's leg touches the ground he should be down. Treadwell's lower leg touched the ground when it broke just before fumbling at the 1.

But beating the refs is part of the game.

msstate7
11-03-2014, 08:55 AM
I'll give them this - when a player's leg touches the ground he should be down. Treadwell's lower leg touched the ground when it broke just before fumbling at the 1.

But beating the refs is part of the game.

Don't know if college is different... Last night in Pitt-Balt game though, there was a play where players ankle was on ground and they said that doesn't make player down

whosyourdawgy
11-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Saw a tweet from one of the former nfl officials that does all the replay analysis and he said ankle is not down. Has to be the shin or the calf that touches

BulldogBear
11-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Don't know if college is different... Last night in Pitt-Balt game though, there was a play where players ankle was on ground and they said that doesn't make player down

Ankle doesn't make a player down. I have never seen that, not even once. My whole life.

Coach34
11-03-2014, 09:18 AM
The officials made the correct call. Just a lot of butthurt for a group that thought they might be good this year. Ole missus is staring 8-4 in the face

TXDawg
11-03-2014, 09:18 AM

This is correct. The ankle is considered part of the foot.

TheRef
11-03-2014, 09:19 AM
A player is down when anything ABOVE the ankle or ABOVE the wrist makes contact with the ground. Ankle and wrist does not make you down.

EAVdog
11-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Well not to make excuses but this is the kind of error that the HUNH causes. Also creates substitution issues on Defense. Ole Miss has gotten away some similar errors this year when they go 'fast', last year they snapped the ball a ton before the defense was set. Sort of the nature of the beast.

TrapGame
11-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Bo Bounds had om callers still calling it a horse collar w/ a helmet to helmet after.

BulldogBear
11-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Bo Bounds had om callers still calling it a horse collar w/ a helmet to helmet after.

Horse collar was all I heard at work yesterday. I haven't seen video. Whatever may or may not have been missed, refs miss calls in every game. If we could have all those back we'd probably be a historical winning program!!!! So would everyone else. Occasionally there's a call so bad that it warrants complaint, sometimes an official one, but this whining every time you lose crap tells more about you than the officiating. Arkansas was blatantly holding 12-15 times Saturday night in pass protection. Frankly, as long we were too, I don't have a problem with them not calling it. Bad officiating is not missing calls, maybe even a bunch of them. Bad officiating is being inconsistent in what and when you make calls.

TheRef
11-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Horse collar was all I heard at work yesterday. I haven't seen video. Whatever may or may not have been missed, refs miss calls in every game. If we could have all those back we'd probably be a historical winning program!!!! So would everyone else. Occasionally there's a call so bad that it warrants complaint, sometimes an official one, but this whining every time you lose crap tells more about you than the officiating. Arkansas was blatantly holding 12-15 times Saturday night in pass protection. Frankly, as long we were too, I don't have a problem with them not calling it. Bad officiating is not missing calls, maybe even a bunch of them. Bad officiating is being inconsistent in what and when you make calls.

Not a horse-collar. Not illegal helmet to helmet contact (Treadwell was going down, that nullifies that rule basically). Everything was perfectly clean on that play, just a shame that he had to get injured like that. Hate it for the guy and you could blame it on a lot of things, but you can't blame it on Auburn's player as it was a clean play. Maybe his cleat caught in the turf. Maybe the pressure applied was enough. Who knows exactly WHAT made his leg break, but it wasn't an illegal tackle or any illegal contact on that play.

Political Hack
11-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I don't remember what a losing streak feels like.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I don't remember what a losing streak feels like.

Want to hear something that's kinda interesting.

The last time we lost a game was November 16th, 2013. We play Alabama on November 15th this year.

So... on the day we play Alabama, we will have gone exactly 364 days without losing a football game. Oh, the poor humor of destiny

Political Hack
11-03-2014, 10:07 AM

The last time we lost a game was November 16th, 2013. We play Alabama on November 15th this year.

So... on the day we play Alabama, we will have gone exactly 364 days without losing a football game. Oh, the poor humor of destiny

Let's push the game back a day just in case.

Dawgface
11-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Pretty amazing. Glad I got to see it once in my lifetime. Maybe it won't be the last. We're holding Mullen to a higher standard from now on. ;)

OurState
11-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Not a horse-collar. Not illegal helmet to helmet contact (Treadwell was going down, that nullifies that rule basically). Everything was perfectly clean on that play, just a shame that he had to get injured like that. Hate it for the guy and you could blame it on a lot of things, but you can't blame it on Auburn's player as it was a clean play. Maybe his cleat caught in the turf. Maybe the pressure applied was enough. Who knows exactly WHAT made his leg break, but it wasn't an illegal tackle or any illegal contact on that play.

This.

And while I don't believe the other play made any difference it does highlight that SEC officiating blows. No one should ever get away with 12 on O...D perhaps but O nfw.