PDA

View Full Version : Serious question regarding the OM offensive struggles this season....

CadaverDawg
11-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Last year they threw tons of bubble screens which many MSU fans made fun of. OM tried to say it was all because of Bo's shoulder, and that's fine. The question is, why have they all but abandoned the bubble screen this season until last night? It was hugely successful last night for them.

With Hugh being so easily offended, do you think he bailed on it because people were calling Bo "Capt Bubble Screen" and saying Hugh's offense wasn't anything special just a bunch of screens? If not, why else would he abandon it like he did for the first several games this season?

msstate7
11-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't know about earlier in season, but I think tunsil being out forced it last night. They can't pass block

CadaverDawg
11-02-2014, 07:19 PM
I don't know about earlier in season, but I think tunsil being out forced it last night. They can't pass block

Good point

BeardoMSU
11-02-2014, 07:20 PM

This^^^^

I would expect to see a lot more as the season goes on. Not being able to run the ball really hampers what you can do on offense, and now that it will be so difficult to challenge teams with the deep ball, I'd expect Arky's D, and subsequently our D, will lock that shit up.

Todd4State
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
That's a good question. And to be fair and objective they did have Treadwell in the slot last year and Moncrief on the outside. I think that's probably a lot of it. Their offense at this point centers on Treadwell, which is why losing him is such a big loss, and essentially they haven't replaced Moncrief either way you look at it.

That said, knowing Freeze I don't think it's totally out of the realm of possibility that they are throwing fewer screen passes because of what you are saying.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Either way I think they are hosed now. They have no running game and they just lost their top receiving threat. I guess number two is Engram? If their lineman stay out then their offense will be a train wreck.

msstate7
11-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Either way I think they are hosed now. They have no running game and they just lost their top receiving threat. I guess number two is Engram? If their lineman stay out then their offense will be a train wreck.

The 3 most irreplaceable offensive players OM has are Bo, treadwell, and tunsil. 1 is out. 1 is questionable. Bo is fine.

I've ripped Bo a ton during his career, but one thing he isn't is soft. Bo has taken a beating in his career and always answered the bell

RougeDawg
11-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Many of us predicted the offensive striggles before the season. We said that this is year 3 with Bucky's gimmick offense in the best defensive conference in the land. The offense was figured out toward the end of last year, with us and mizzou providing the blue print on how to neutralize it. More teams are using that approach this year and shutting it down. If it weren't for the BearShart defense scoring or contributin 91 points already this season, they would be sitting around 4-5 right now, with losses to Bama, A&M and Boise/Memphis. The defense bailed them out of all 4 of those (OM offense only scored 21 against A&M. Defense scored the rest.)