PDA

View Full Version : So what were you doing on Mother's Day, oh, about 4 pm?

Goat Holder
06-11-2013, 01:01 PM
I know I wasn't watching MSU losing to Ole Miss 6-0 in the 6th inning en route to a probable sweep that would ruin our hosting chances and catapult them into the hosting picture.

Looking back, I think this is the game that swung the season. Yes, we started 17-0, dropped a tad starting off in the SEC, did some good things, hit a low vs. Vandy when most of us just figured we were barely Top 25 caliber. When we dropped that DH to Ole Miss, I thought it was over. Season would end in Mobile or Tallahassee. Good season, but nothing special.

Then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90o_7COCh0

Then we beat South Carolina 3 of 4 times.

Then we host our first regional in 10 years and turn the tide against a nemesis in UCA.

A team that went 4-0 vs. us (and almost seems unbeatable to us) gets eliminated at home.

Then our bats come alive and we sweep the #6 overall seed at their place. These guys were 50-10! Beat overall #1 seed UNC 2 of 3 at Chapel Hill! Went 4-0 vs. #7 overall seed Florida State. I don't think it's sunk in what we just accomplished.

I'm not saying we're going to win it. But I'm saying that we can. Oregon State used similar luck to this to win it all in 2006 and 2007 especially. Fresno State did it the following year. I feel like the only teams we don't stack up well against are the seasoned teams with high level elite talent, ie. UNC and Vandy. We can beat LSU and I hope we get a shot at them in the Finals.

Original48
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I know I wasn't watching MSU losing to Ole Miss 6-0 in the 6th inning en route to a probable sweep that would ruin our hosting chances and catapult them into the hosting

Uhh...I was. Mothers Day fish fry with the whole fam damly. Having to listen to my little 6 year old turd nephew (sister in law is OM alum)..."Ole mitheth winning uncle mike!!!" And the turnaround was glorious. But to your point. I think you are correct. That victory essentially wiped away their two wins and set a path for us.

Will James
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
I was in Oxford at said game with said feelings about it

messageboardsuperhero
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
That Sunday game in Oxford was the turning point in our season, and I'm glad it happened against them. It makes it that much sweeter.

And I agree about our chances in Omaha. Will we win it? I don't know. CAN we win it? Hell yes we can.

BeastMan
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I was on the way back from my bachelor party (3 night beach weekend) sporting a hangover. The ass whipping was miserable radio. Until the comeback that is

maroonmania
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
That Sunday game in Oxford was the turning point in our season, and I'm glad it happened against them. It makes it that much sweeter.

And I agree about our chances in Omaha. Will we win it? I don't know. CAN we win it? Hell yes we can.

I believe we can as well, our baseball kryptonite is Vandy and they are history!

Todd4State
06-11-2013, 06:56 PM
As I said that day, I was at my house, got pissed because we looked bad, and then while I was out we started the comeback. Then I was drove circles around the Reservoir until the game ended.

messageboardsuperhero
06-11-2013, 07:17 PM
As I said that day, I was at my house, got pissed because we looked bad, and then while I was out we started the comeback. Then I was drove circles around the Reservoir until the game ended.

Ha, yeah I do the same superstitious stuff. I realized I had left the lights off for the entire first game in the room I was watching in, so I decided to leave them off the entire weekend until we wrapped up the Super Regional. I even told some friends who were over that we couldn't go into that room because I couldn't turn the lights on... I know it's pretty crazy, but it worked, so I don't regret it at all.

BogeyGolfer
06-11-2013, 09:24 PM
couldn't find the damn game on the radio until I was nearly to Meridian and could only pick up the Ole Miss Network...I listened to Yellum call our 6-0 comeback...Priceless....

BeastMan
06-11-2013, 09:40 PM
couldn't find the damn game on the radio until I was nearly to Meridian and could only pick up the Ole Miss Network...I listened to Yellum call our 6-0 comeback...Priceless....

We listened to Yellum as well. Our car actually thought he np wasnt near as bad calling baseball as in football. He seemed mildly objective