PDA

View Full Version : What did the Kang used to say?

Ralph
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Something like teams can only get up for 4-5 games per year? Let's say that's true, I'd say we got up for a&m, lsu and auburn so far, with hopefully bama and om being the fourth and fifth games.

If that philosophy is true then makes complete sense we haven't played out best against ark and uk, plus having the #1 monkey on our back and getting teams best shots.

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 02:23 PM
No doubt. Plus late October is prime upset time of the season. The grind. Mediocre games that lull you to sleep. Our schedule is set up great for Alabama and Ole Miss to receive our best efforts. Not to mention we are basically playing for, well, everything.

thf24
11-02-2014, 02:26 PM
I've never agreed with the idea that there's limited, set number of games per season a team can get up for, but I do think that it's hard for a team to get up for anything that's not a "big" game in the latter part of the season, hence our struggles the past two weeks. We can breathe a little easier for the rest of the season, because we should be able to throttle little UT and Vandy no matter what our energy level is, and there is absolutely no doubt that we'll be "up" for Bama and OM no matter how many hypothetical "up" games we've already used this year.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
The Kang said a lot of things.

RougeDawg
11-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Something like teams can only get up for 4-5 games per year? Let's say that's true, I'd say we got up for a&m, lsu and auburn so far, with hopefully bama and om being the fourth and fifth games.

If that philosophy is true then makes complete sense we haven't played out best against ark and uk, plus having the #1 monkey on our back and getting teams best shots.

Was thinking this same thing when I woke up this morning. We seem to elevate our play when we play a "ranked" opponent. We have played with a very disinterested attitude these last two games.

Jack Lambert
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Maybe Arkansas and KY got one of their get up agaisnt us.

Ralph
11-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Maybe Arkansas and KY got one of their get up agaisnt us.

Exactly. You can bet being #1 you'll get everyone's up game.

99jc
11-02-2014, 02:58 PM

If he had a decent offense in "99" we would have already had a national championship. Joe lee Dunn was the reason we were successful not the Kang!

HoopsDawg
11-02-2014, 03:11 PM
If he had a decent offense in "99" we would have already had a national championship. Joe lee Dunn was the reason we were successful not the Kang!

Watson Brown + Dak in 99 and we would have won it all.

msstate7
11-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Watson Brown + Dak in 99 and we would have won it all.

I don't know. Dak was pretty young then***

Todd4State
11-02-2014, 03:53 PM
We have survived our two trap games. I don't think this performance was due to a lack of focus. The defense was outstanding. Their "issue" was they didn't create very many turnovers which would have led to us maybe having some short drives to score. The only TD that they allowed was after the muffed punt and a short field. They came up huge twice with the goal line stand in the fourth quarter and then Redmond picking off the pass to seal the win.

I think early on the game plan was to try to limit Dak if at all possible and it just wasn't possible to do so because of how the game was going. I understand that thought process totally but the fact remains that Dak and our offense is a lot better when they are allowed to use their legs in the running game. We actually moved the ball OK- the problem was we threw two picks and then we couldn't convert a fourth a one. We also had a personal foul that killed our first drive as well. We need to clean that up. We also need to let Dak be Dak and run it rather than limit him to the pocket.

That said, I do understand that we will probably limit Dak in the UT-Martin and Vandy game and I'm OK with that.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2014, 05:45 PM
I agree with this. It's why I said in my thoughts that the most mentally challenging games of our season are behind us. Kentucky and Ark were hard to get up for, but both teams were competent and capable.

Alabama and Ole Miss don't scare me from a let down perspective. We will be ready. We are going to play great , free and easy, and give Bama hell in Tuscaloosa.

Jack Lambert
11-02-2014, 06:49 PM

We will be up for Alabama and Ole Miss it's Vandy we might not look all that good but we win it.

Mutt the Hoople
11-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I don't know. Dak was pretty young then***
If he'd had been quarterback from 1997-2000, we'd have won four SEC championships. I don't care if he was only 4-8 years old back then...he was that good.

C222
11-03-2014, 10:27 AM
We will be up for Alabama and Ole Miss it's Vandy we might not look all that good but we win it.

Maybe we will be playing Vandy for a chance to clinch the West.