PDA

View Full Version : Did we have any sacks last night??

IMissJack
11-02-2014, 12:34 PM

msstate7
11-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Cj got 1

engie
11-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Only one sack in the game period I believe.

Can't really pass rush that Arkansas team with their affinity to run the ball even in passing situations... I wish we had run/gap blitzed a bit more....

smootness
11-02-2014, 01:22 PM
They also get rid of the ball very quickly when they do throw. We did a pretty good job of getting through the line and at least making Allen uncomfortable. Then Chris Jones got the sack late.

thf24
11-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Also, already said this in another thread and it probably wasn't as bad as I remember, but they were getting away with quite a bit of holding. The game should have been over by way of a Chris Jones sack on their 4th and 15 play, but he got absolutely mugged by the LT. Most blatant hold I've ever seen that wasn't called.

smootness
11-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Also, already said this in another thread and it probably wasn't as bad as I remember, but they were getting away with quite a bit of holding. The game should have been over by way of a Chris Jones sack on their 4th and 15 play, but he got absolutely mugged by the LT. Most blatant hold I've ever seen that wasn't called.

No, it was pretty bad. The hold on Chris Jones at the end wasn't even as bad as one that happened a few drives earlier on CJ when the RG or RT literally put him in a headlock for a couple of seconds.

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Didn't seem like it, but Arkansas played almost perfect. Their blocking was outstanding. Some of our guys straight got their butts mauled. But that's what Arky does, and we overcame it.