PDA

View Full Version : SEC West Scenarios

Quaoarsking
11-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Mississippi State - Win out. Or beat Alabama and split the Vandy/Ole Miss games. Or lose to Alabama, beat Ole Miss and Vanderbilt, and have Alabama pick up another loss.
Alabama - Win out, beating LSU, Mississippi State, and Auburn.
Auburn - Win out, beating Texas A&M, Georgia, and Alabama, and have Mississippi State lose twice.

Ole Miss and LSU aren't out yet technically, but they need some very unlikely scenarios to come true.

If there is a 5-way 6-2 tie (LSU beats Alabama, Alabama beats Mississippi State, Alabama beats Auburn, Ole Miss beats Mississippi State, all SECW teams beat everyone else), then who knows. It would be whoever has the best combined SECE division records so .. Alabama? Auburn?

If the above scenario happens, but Auburn also loses to Georgia, then there's a 4-way 6-2 tie and LSU would win out, because LSU and Ole Miss would be 2-1 against the group and LSU wins on H2H.

SDDawg
11-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I think the Bama game is a very tough one, but I also have a hard time seeing them beating us and beating Auburn. I think it's us or Auburn at this point, and we're in the driver's seat.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I think the Bama game is a very tough one, but I also have a hard time seeing them beating us and beating Auburn. I think it's us or Auburn at this point, and we're in the driver's seat.

I think we are going to play GREAT against Bama. Our team has been slumping the past few weeks, but we'll come out of the slump at some point. The Bama game may resemble our game against LSU, as far as energy and execution.

DLGDawg
11-02-2014, 12:31 PM
With no disrespect intended for vandy....
We play for the west title in 2 weeks!!!!!
Ha1LState

SDDawg
11-02-2014, 12:38 PM
I think we are going to play GREAT against Bama. Our team has been slumping the past few weeks, but we'll come out of the slump at some point. The Bama game may resemble our game against LSU, as far as energy and execution.

If we can get Jameon back to full health I feel very good about the Bama game, we need that threat in the slot and it's been missing for a couple of weeks. I like our defense against Bama and our depth will be key.

AlmostPositive
11-02-2014, 12:56 PM
I still think LSU beating Bama next week might be the key our season.

Things sort out much more nicely if Alabama has two losses when we play them. They'll be down, without much to play for by their standards. Basically, I think if LSU takes them down, we will too. Otherwise it's probably less than a 50-50 proposition for us.

smootness
11-02-2014, 01:25 PM

I agree, and even at #1 I expect us to be the underdog in that game, which should help our mindset even more since we seem to play better in that role, as most do.

The key is getting Dak 100%. If he is, I expect to win it. If he isn't, it becomes extremely difficult.

Sacrifice
11-02-2014, 01:26 PM
With no disrespect intended for vandy....
We play for the west title in 2 weeks!!!!!
Ha1LState
Right, we beat Bama in 2 weeks and the west is ours. We're not losing to Vandy.