PDA

View Full Version : Legit LMAO off at Ole Miss and Arkansas excuses.......

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Arkansas talking points:

- We made too many mistakes
- Our QB sucks
- We just can't finish games

My talking points:

- They played about as good as they could play, damn near flawless execution on their behalf
- Their QB was freaking outstanding and their TE had the game of his life
- It was MSU with 3 TOs and sloppy mistake-prone play

Ole Miss talking points:

- Auburn is lucky
- They just heaved up hail marys and their WRs miraculously came down with the ball
- Injuries holding us back

My talking points:

- I agree Auburn is lucky
- You mean exactly like Ole Miss' offense for 3 years? The hail mary bomb is literally all they got
- Injuries are part of the game until it happens to Ole Miss then it's a valid excuse

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2014, 11:34 AM
We gave Arkansas 3 turnovers. Shot ourselves in the foot deep in their territory twice! Their half back pass late in the game....we should have picked that off. They got a couple of deflected completions. They had a couple of batted balls that floated out of harms way. They got a ton of breaks and their QB played the game of his career so far. We can spin this either way.

OM....Yeah, I'm seeing alot of complaining about horse collar and bad luck fumbles. Have they not figure out yet, Bo is a turnover waiting to happen when he carries the ball.

thf24
11-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Arkansas was also holding the shit out of us all night and never called for it as far as I remember. On the 4th and 15 on their last drive, Chris Jones was straight up mugged. He beat his guy off the line, and the OL clamped onto him and held on for dear life. He stopped playing it was so bad, I'm guessing because he was sure every official on the field was about to throw a flag.

dawgs
11-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Arkansas was also holding the shit out of us all night and never called for it as far as I remember. On the 4th and 15 on their last drive, Chris Jones was straight up mugged. He beat his guy off the line, and the OL clamped onto him and held on for dear life. He stopped playing it was so bad, I'm guessing because he was sure every official on the field was about to throw a flag.

I was yelling holding at my tv on the same play. Almost looked like he grabbed jones' facemask the way his head turned and went down, but I never went back and rewatched the play. It was clear because I though chris had a sack at the snap of the ball the suddenly got spun around to the left.

SDDawg
11-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Kudos to Arkansas on the field, great game and they will beat Ole Miss in their house if they play that well. Their fans on the other hand...

OM lost on a heartbreaking play and fought hard, I'll give them credit for that. But Auburn was better and we knew that. There wasn't much of a surprise, other than OM keeping it close. OM's ceiling was 10-2 before the season began and we knew that, at this point they'll finish with 8 or 9 wins and for them that's a damn good season. They should take it for what it is, they're a solid football team (better than I expected) but not great and were never expected to be so they haven't lost anything really. Enjoy the Belk Bowl.

OM exposed Auburn's D (as we did) and I think we need Auburn to be better and to find a way to beat Bama on the road. Going to be tough to do with that D.

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Kudos to Arkansas on the field, great game and they will beat Ole Miss in their house if they play that well. Their fans on the other hand...

OM lost on a heartbreaking play and fought hard, I'll give them credit for that. But Auburn was better and we knew that. There wasn't much of a surprise, other than OM keeping it close. OM's ceiling was 10-2 before the season began and we knew that, at this point they'll finish with 8 or 9 wins and for them that's a damn good season. They should take it for what it is, they're a solid football team (better than I expected) but not great and were never expected to be so they haven't lost anything really. Enjoy the Belk Bowl.

OM exposed Auburn's D (as we did) and I think we need Auburn to be better and to find a way to beat Bama on the road. Going to be tough to do with that D.

You hit on something else, we played LSU and Auburn away and home respectively and beat the shit out of each, Ole Miss was beaten by both. Why are they so confident about the Egg Bowl? Not to mention their best players are hurt. The only thing they have going for them is that it's at home.

smootness
11-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Treadwell is the biggest loss they could have had on the entire team, IMO. He was the foundation of their offense. They still have some weapons in the passing game (Sanders, Core, Engram), but Treadwell was their unquestionable go-to guy. They don't have a strong running game, so now their most dependable weapon is gone and you can focus all of your attention on their other weapons, which are pretty good but not on the level of Treadwell. So now I really don't know what they're going to do on offense. And their offense was already really suspect.

smootness
11-02-2014, 02:04 PM
BTW, Auburn had 145 penalty yards against them. LOL at anyone claiming they just got lucky. You can claim that fumble was lucky, but they still had time to drive down the field and at least tie even if that is a TD there.

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 02:15 PM
BTW, Auburn had 145 penalty yards against them.

That also makes me feel better about our game vs. them. I hate Auburn and don't care if they burn, but I am objective and acknowledge the penalties they had against them vs. us. But it appears that as a team they are just plagued by them, and that is systemic, not bad luck.